131 replies to this topic

#1 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Ac/Helen, to you. Been writing for quite some time now, WIP addiction, ready to meet you (in a non-weird, no personal information type capacity ;) )

The stories

Novels:

The Art of Breathing (M)

The Art of Surviving (M)

Curiosity (M)

Saving Grace (M)

Not Just a Bystander (M)

The Sporadic Suffering and Tiresome Torments of Albus Potter (M)
Novellas:

Azkaban (M)

Everland (M)

Infringement (M)

Short-story Collection:

Muggle Studies (12+)

Short stories:

All the Abstract Nouns (M)

Silence in the Library (M)

Issues of Epistemic Modality (M)

One-shots:

Black and White (M)

Into the Woods (M)

Wooden (15+)

After the Storm (M)

Christmas Without Fred (15+)

Watering Petunias (M)

Self-portrait in Crimson (M)

Break Me (M)

The Space Hopper Incident (15+)

Slay (15+)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 20 July 2012 - 02:26 AM.

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png
I write lots & lots & lots of stories(12+)

all the pretty things rebel_heart@ tda

#2 katien22

katien22

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

OMG! I LOVE The Art Of Breathing! It's awesome in so many ways! I voted for you in the Dobby's!

Now that that's out of the way, I have one really random question.

Do you often listen to music when you write? Does it help inspire you, or do you see it as a distraction?

Posted Image

Awesomesauce signature by the_tofuubeaver, equally awesome avatar by ohcrapidroppedmybrain!

W.W.W.W.W. Posted Image W.W.W.W.W.

#3 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

WOW!This is so exciting! Thank you so much for voting! EE! :D :D :D :D

I think I normally do have music on when I write, I thinnk that's generally because I never sit in my room in silence as it creeps me out slightly so I normally have some on. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't - depends what the music is and what mood I'm in if you get me? Sometimes I'm watching the TV at the same time and I'm almost alway on msn so whenever I get stuck I just talk to someone till I get my inspiration back.

:)

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#4 areyousirius

areyousirius

New student

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

OMG!!! i lovvveeeee the art of breathing. i literally could not stop thinking about it for like 3 days. Im pretty sure im obsessed. i even found a theme song for it and thought of the way i would end it if i was writing it lol (lame i no...). Its weird, your story makes me feel really sad and really happy at the same time, which is a good thing, if ya didnt realise haha. I cannot wait to see how it ends. I never read these types of stories cus i dont like sad (or sensative topics) storys but this one is fantastic!! i voted for you in the dobby awards, which you definitely should of won!! Sooo i was wondering....

Whats ya favourite fanfic/author?
Whats your fav. generation?
What type of story do you prefer to read i.e fluff, romance etc?
How long roughly do you think the art of breathing will be?
Do you have any ideas for upcoming stories?

btw, you are the best updater ever!! soo sooo quick, its fanatstic. anywayyy in case you couldnt tell, im a huge fan and i cant wait for your next update :D

Posted Image

Thanks to Weasleys_rule @ TDA!!

#5 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

Awwwwwwhhh! thank you so much :) I really do appretiate it, and I get like that when I just can't stop thinking about something for days and days. I also totally understand the whole deciding how it would end if you wrote it thing - I do that all the time! :D Plus the whole feeling happy and sad at the same time is exactly what I was searching for! I like writing/drama/art because it gives me power to make people feel things, and make points (that makes me sound reallllyyy crreeepppyy, hey hum).<

Favourite fanfic/author???! Gosh there's SOO many! That's really really hard. :/ Hmm.. soo... Well, I seem to go through periods of loving one story, then loving another to the point where i can't stop thinking about them. At the mintue all my favourites are taking ages to update, which makes me like them less as I forget what they're about. I'm going to say Finster, Ella (skylar, I think) and Fall for anything as they're the ones that instantly come to mind (although it will have changed by tommorow) Check out all my favouritised ones though, there pretty much all the ones I read. :)

Favourite Generation... Well i fell in love with Marauder era stories when&nbsp;I found them all that time ago... Although I must say I also really like the Next Generation ones. I like having freedom to imagine how things turn up, with trio type stories they're either predictible (not all of them of course) or off canon. I like to read stories where the author pretty much has free reign. Although they are some othe fabulous ones too :)

Type of story? Welll.... This is interesting. They're normally the romancy type with a bit of sensitive issue thrown in their. Too much fluff isn't great - I like funny stories with plot twists and some mystery. I don't really like Dark stories, but that's probably because I haven't read that many. :)

How long? Well... According to my plan it is currently at 52 chapters but it changes often. It started at being about 80 chapters but then I started writing VEERRRYYY long chapters and got more them. The plan is only a rough idea though, and most parts of the plot aren't even on there, and I keep adding other POV chapters. So I dunno, around 50 chapters? :)

Upcoming stories! YES! I do I do! When I was on holiday in scotland (which I HATED btw, no offence to any scottish people, it was more my family tha the place) I was trying to distract myself from how much I was hating the time I spent and I came up with a new story. It's called Sensation Seakers and I'm about half way through the first chapter, so I may be putting that up soon :)<BR><BR>It's a new generation James/Oc one and I have fallen in love with my new character Amy. I'll show you the summary (which may also change).

When Dom first labelled me as the good girl when I was 14 I knew that it didn’t fit. Being good? It’s not in my genes. I’m a dirty secret: the product of that ‘guy off the sanitary towel advert’ turned model, turned quidditch player, turned incredible rich heartthrob, and a prostitute who fell in love too easily. Not that anyone know’s that – god no. To everyone I’m just James Potter’s best friend – sensation seeker. Pity that’s all about to change. And it’s going to be messy.

Sound all right? I hope so :)

Thanks again for these lovely questions, ask me more soon, and THANK YOU! I always try and be good with updates but sometimes life gets in the way :/ Thank you so much :D

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#6 Lotus_kiss

Lotus_kiss

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

I love The Art of Breathing! It is one of my top favorite stories on HPFF and i am constantly checking my RSS feed looking for updates. Now, i wanna know,

1. How did you come up with Mary's charcater? Is she already panned out or did she grow as the story went along?
2. Are you satisfied with TAoB so far?
3. Any other insane twists coming our way?

I definately voted for you in the Dobby's (an proudly nomintaed youPosted Image ) You deserve the attention.

Posted Image

Set by justonemorefic

Posted Image

#7 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

EEE! More questions! This makes me sooo happy! Thank you for voting for me! :D

1) Mary's character - well, all characters I've ever written have aspects of me within them because I find that way it's just so much easier to write. I began writing this on Christmas day when I was feeling a bit hmm :/ so she basically became all the conflicts I was feeling all at once. She's definately developed from my first draft of chapters 1-9 as I then rewrote them and made them much longer, but after that I knew exactly who she was and how she acted before I'd posted the second chapter. She's still growing all the time because of all the things that are happening to her, but she sort of moves with me - if that makes any sense. It makes sense to me, but I'm not sure how to explain it. Well... I hope you understand my ramblings :)

2) Well... I'm not so hot on the beginning chapters and one day soon (I've been saying this for months) I'm going to go back and edit thoes things. I'm going to get rid of all my spelling and grammar mistakes and make it more readable right from the beginning. That might just be wishful thinking on behalf though :) Mostly I am though - I like the way things are developing and although there are some chapters which I don't like before I post them, I usually warm up to them when I re-read it after it's been up for a week.

3) Other insane twists? Well... I think actually there is a few more, although maybe not quite so insane, hopefully they'll keep things interesting though. Plus the Mary/Sirius relationship which was never going to run smoothly really - they're both to stubborn. Actually, now I'm thinking about it, there are a few twists that I'm taking as a given that other people may not like... It will be fun :D

Thank you so much for all your questions! Ask again soon :D

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#8 areyousirius

areyousirius

New student

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Awwwwwwhhh! thank you so much Posted Image I really do appretiate it, and I get like that when I just can't stop thinking about something for days and days. I also totally understand the whole deciding how it would end if you wrote it thing - I do that all the time! Posted Image Plus the whole feeling happy and sad at the same time is exactly what I was searching for! I like writing/drama/art because it gives me power to make people feel things, and make points (that makes me sound reallllyyy crreeepppyy, hey hum).<

Favourite fanfic/author???! Gosh there's SOO many! That's really really hard. :/ Hmm.. soo... Well, I seem to go through periods of loving one story, then loving another to the point where i can't stop thinking about them. At the mintue all my favourites are taking ages to update, which makes me like them less as I forget what they're about. I'm going to say Finster, Ella (skylar, I think) and Fall for anything as they're the ones that instantly come to mind (although it will have changed by tommorow) Check out all my favouritised ones though, there pretty much all the ones I read. Posted Image

Favourite Generation... Well i fell in love with Marauder era stories when&nbsp;I found them all that time ago... Although I must say I also really like the Next Generation ones. I like having freedom to imagine how things turn up, with trio type stories they're either predictible (not all of them of course) or off canon. I like to read stories where the author pretty much has free reign. Although they are some othe fabulous ones too Posted Image

Type of story? Welll.... This is interesting. They're normally the romancy type with a bit of sensitive issue thrown in their. Too much fluff isn't great - I like funny stories with plot twists and some mystery. I don't really like Dark stories, but that's probably because I haven't read that many. Posted Image

How long? Well... According to my plan it is currently at 52 chapters but it changes often. It started at being about 80 chapters but then I started writing VEERRRYYY long chapters and got more them. The plan is only a rough idea though, and most parts of the plot aren't even on there, and I keep adding other POV chapters. So I dunno, around 50 chapters? Posted Image

Upcoming stories! YES! I do I do! When I was on holiday in scotland (which I HATED btw, no offence to any scottish people, it was more my family tha the place) I was trying to distract myself from how much I was hating the time I spent and I came up with a new story. It's called Sensation Seakers and I'm about half way through the first chapter, so I may be putting that up soon Posted Image<BR><BR>It's a new generation James/Oc one and I have fallen in love with my new character Amy. I'll show you the summary (which may also change).

When Dom first labelled me as the good girl when I was 14 I knew that it didn't fit. Being good? It's not in my genes. I'm a dirty secret: the product of that 'guy off the sanitary towel advert' turned model, turned quidditch player, turned incredible rich heartthrob, and a prostitute who fell in love too easily. Not that anyone know's that – god no. To everyone I'm just James Potter's best friend – sensation seeker. Pity that's all about to change. And it's going to be messy.

Sound all right? I hope so Posted Image

Thanks again for these lovely questions, ask me more soon, and THANK YOU! I always try and be good with updates but sometimes life gets in the way :/ Thank you so much Posted Image

OMG!!!!! that new story of yours sounds freaken fantastic!!! OMG soooooo good!!! i squealed!! arrrgghhh your brilliant. i can not wait for it. Thanks for answering my questions!! i dont have anymore at the moment but if i think of any ill be sure to ask. oh btw 50 chapters!? WOW! thats alot! but im excited anyway. thanks so much :D
Posted Image

Thanks to Weasleys_rule @ TDA!!

#9 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

Waheeeyyy! I hope that everyone else thinks so! And that the first chapters up to scratch - I think it'll be ready before the next chapter of TAOF, but I'm not sure. Should be soon though! Glad you liked it :D

50 chapters is alot! I'm excited too now :)

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#10 emilysoxo

emilysoxo

New student

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hi! Yeah your story is really amazing! It's one of those that im always checking up on the feed :]
However, your chapter 22, tranquility, isn't up yet! Long validation period or something?
I use the google reader app which helps me keep track of all my stories and its said that your chap has been
up for about a week?
Ah! Quite confused.

mm.

-removed personal info- You have a lot of talent! I can't wait to read your James/OC story.
Marauders and third gen are usually my fav Posted Image

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 10 September 2011 - 02:56 AM.

just the run of the mill, slytherin witch.

#11 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hey! I'm so glad you like taof Posted Image

Chapter 22? Arghh. DOn't even get me started (starts rambling). It's partly down to my stupidity and bad luck really. So it took me an age to write because I've had all my gcse mocks and so much has been going on and I've BEEN so stressed. Then I finished it at last and submitted it. Then of course it got rejected, which I could have lived with. So I put it back in the queue and waited patiently (the queue being 7/8/9 days) (the teerm patiently was quite a lose one to clarify) but then I looked on my manage stories and it DIDN'T say it was waiting and I was like GUTTED.

THen I was going to send it to be submitted into the queue again, but it said this chapter is awaiting validation at the top so I was like okay, I won't change it cause it might go to the back of the queue - so I left it.

Then I waited a few more days and it still didn't say it was waiting and the little message said that any changes I made would just be changed to the one awaiting validation (where as normally it puts it to the back of the queue) so I was like, okay then, no harm done lets just edit it slightly!

Then what does it do? Goes to the back of the queue. It's BEYOND frustrating. Especially as I was going to try and get the christmas chapters up for christms, which i now can't do, and I've missed two of the deadlines for challanges I was entering (or will have done when you take into account the rest of this chapters waiting time, and the one for the challange) BUT the good news is that chapter 23 is pretty much done. So I'll update that pretty much straight away, so that one should be out by christmas and I can write a lot over that time as the other choice is spening up with my family.

Christmas day will be the one year anniversary of the story, and I really wanted to get to chapter 25 up before then which isn't going to happen Posted Image

Hopefully people will forgive me for all the above anyway.

-removed personal info- (I haven't worked out how to edit it yet...) THank you very very much Posted Image

Marauders and next generation are my favourites Posted Image

Also another thank you because you've just managed to calm me down from the majour stress I've been having about Gcse and EVERYTHING thats going on at the minute. You would NOT believe (well, you probably would actually). So thanks! Come talk to me/ask me things again. I like it Posted Image

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 10 September 2011 - 02:55 AM.

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#12 Lara

Lara

New student

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

Terve! xD
I absolutely love the art of breathing! :) I'm really exited for the next chapters! :)
Here are some really random questions:

1. Are your chapters outlined?
2. Salt & Vinegar chips or onion chips??
3. What do you listen mostly to?
4. If you could date either James or Remus which one would it be?
5. Halfblood or Pureblood? (I know random, I was just wondering because I would rather like to be halfblood, its cooler 'cause you get insight on both worlds) xD
6. In which house would you be most likely be sorted into??

Enough! :)
Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Frohe Weihnachten! Houska Joulua!
~ Lara (FluffyBunny)

Edited by Lara, 13 December 2009 - 08:01 PM.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be

nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because

everything would be what it isn't."
Posted Image

#13 RonNiffler

RonNiffler

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

I love your story! So i'm curios...
1. What's your inspiration?
2. How did you come up with your story plot?
3. What's you faviorte thing about your story 'The Art of Breathing'?
Can't wait to see your answers!

Posted Image

Siggy and Avatar by: veneficus @ tda

Check Out My Stories! (M) , Meet the Author 12+

#14 acrules

acrules

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Lara! Hi! Sorry about the long time it took me to reply to this - I started replying twice but for some reason my computer got shut down before I could post my answers. I hope you had a good Christmas and are enjoying the new year so far Posted Image

1. Are your chapters outlined?

Yes, but very loosely and I usually rewrite the outlines every couple of months. It started off being 80 chapters outlined, but I've now pretty much halved it to 44 (so not quite halved...) I generally go with it as well, a lot of the things that are in the chapters I hadn't even thought about till I'd written it, then I'm suddenly like oooohh, that actually makes sense! Then I have to write that extra bit into the plot and I go back and rewrite my future chapter plans. I think everyone thinks the stories a lot more planned out that it actually is, it more just happens to go the way it goes, and I like that, but I like having a plan and a direction too, even if the direction changes as I go along. I plan them all out in my head though before I get writting and I often lie in bed and write most of it in my mind before I get to word Posted Image

2. Salt & Vinegar chips or onion chips??

Salt and Vinegar! I can't stand the smell of onion chips...

3. What do you listen mostly to?

Welll... I have a very varied music taste to be honest. It all depends on my mood and whether or not I have my ipod on me, or am stuck with my radio. I listen to worship music (Christian), old pop stuff, 70's and 80's, heavy metal, rock, musicals.... Mostly though... ermm... I'm really not sure, but I prefer rocky stuff to the music in the charts nowadays although I do stick that on when my ipod's flat. Currently I'm listening to the radio, but that's cause it's my alarm on the morning and it's too much effort to go and turn it off.

4. If you could date either James or Remus which one would it be?

I think I'd go for James. I'm not really sure why, I guess I just find his character more appealing with him being a prat and all. I'd find the whole thing much more exciting as, well, I tend to over dramatize things in my head so I'd want the whole James and Lily love hate relationship thing going on. Plus if I was dating Remus it would remind me too much of the whole twighlight 'I'm in love with a monster' thingy that every single author seems to be doing nowadays... which I find quite frustrating as every book I try to read is about teenage girls falling inlove with fallen angles and what not. Hmm.... Yeah, it would have to be James.

5. Halfblood or Pureblood? (I know random, I was just wondering because I would rather like to be halfblood, its cooler 'cause you get insight on both worlds) xD

Yeah, I see what you mean and I think I would be a lot better to see both sides as otherwise the beauty of magic is lost a little. I know this isn't one of the options, but I think I'd prefer to be muggleborn because then you really get to appretiate how amazing and wonderful the whole thing is - can you imagine!? I was one of the cool kids who dreamed about getting sent to Hogwarts and I think that's the best way. By the time you get to the third book or whatever, none of the characters seem to appretiate how amazing this talent is. That you can just wave you wand and everything get's done for you, it's FANTASTIC, and they all forget that. I think that lasts longer if you're muggle born Posted Image Out of thoes two I'd pick halfblood though - which would be damn cool, let's be honest. Posted Image

6. In which house would you be most likely be sorted into??

Well, I'm not really sure. I don't think I'm cunning enough to be sorted into Slytherin, although I quite like the sound of it. Gryffindor's out too, given I can't sit through a horror movie for longer than five minutes (and that was with my ipod playing, sitting behind the sofa with a pillow over my head - I only saw around thirty seconds of it and that was a view of the floor. Talk about cowadice) so I don't reckon I'd quite make the cut, even though I'd quite like that. I'm pretty naturally clever achedemicwise and can, on the rare occasion, be quite witty so I think I'd be in Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff maybe, I'm not too sure. I don't have a sorting hat sadly enough, it's a shame reallly...

Thank you for the lovely questions, I really enjoyed answering them Posted Image

Ac xxx

RonNiffler....

1. What's your inspiration?

I guess theres quite a lot of things in all honestly. Orginally it came from rather a rubbish Christmas and I was sitting in my room thinking eurrgghh, so I just started to write and it ended up being a girl who was dying. Although i don't think that was really inspiration, more... I needed inspiration to carry on through Christmas day and it was my inspiration to do that. Nowadays though it can be anything - my friends and conversations we've had play a big part in it and a lot of things come from things that have actually happened to me. Some of the songs I have at the beginning of chapters have sparked off ideas in my head to get going. Then other stories, on hpff and just actual books, I've probably taken a lot of things from other things and probably not even realised sometimes. I'm not sure really, the whole world maybe? That's pretty big inspiration Posted Image ahah. I just get the desire to write sometimes, no reason at all, and scenes just pop into my head and I write them Posted Image

2. How did you come up with your story plot?

Well, like I said to the first one I just started writing it at first with no clue where I was going or if I even had a direction. Then I sat and wrote about 8 chapters - very short ones mind you - going right up to when the secret was exposed.... Then I decided that all that I had written so far was a bit rubbish (very cliche and the writing was very basic). Then I went back and rewrote all thoes chapters, making them more like 20 chapters and changing the plot line completely. I sat down and wrote a plan of 80 chapters and I went along that road for a bit. Then I changed my mind and rearragned the whole plan to about 50 chapters - with large plot changes. Just last week I rewrote the plan to be at 44 chapters, and the plot completely changed again. When I started writting the story I wasn't all that great at it, but I've got so much better so I'm trying to keep the plot up to date better. I know my characters better now too so I don't want them doing stupid out of character things for the sake of a weak plot, so now it all revolves around them. The plot more or less just happens now, sometimes I don't even plan things to happen in the chapters then I just writing and they come out so I go with unless it makes no sense in which case I'll refer back to the plan and read the previous chapters and write till it makes sense again. I guess the plot isn't exactly fixed and changed depending on my mood and things that happen to me and real life, my writing turns out too wooden otherwise.

3. What's you faviorte thing about your story 'The Art of Breathing'?

I guess I just love sitting down and writting. I hate having limits, it's one of the things that does my head in with life, but when I sit down and write and can do whatever the hell I like because it's my story. It only rarely feels like something I have to do, I feels like my break and the time where I can sit down and explore my emotions, if you see what I mean? Because Mary's emotions mirror my own and I just sit myself down and write about how a I feel then I add in plots and other characters and it's just.. liberating I guess and I just love it. I'll be sitting in a class and writing out chapters in my heads and seeing these scenes between Mary and Sirius or whatever story I've got in my mind at the minute (I start loads of stories, but this is the only one I've really stuck with). Since I started writing I only thought about stopping once when I was having life issues when I just thought, that's it, I'm going to give up on the whole thing and do something valuable with my time. Then, by some nice intervention by God, I found out that I'd been nominated for a dobby and then I realised I couldn't stop. The thing I love most about TAoB would definately be the fact that I can explore so many emotions and when I get reviews telling me that they get the emotional side of it - I like making people think Posted Image

Thank you so much for all these questions and I hope these answers are okay!
Much love, Ac xxx Posted Image

Edited by acrules, 03 January 2010 - 01:10 PM.

hc1_zpsc8f4e572.png

#15 bluebiro

bluebiro

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

hi!

my names Becky and i would first of all just like to say that the art of breathing is my all time favourite story, which has suprised even myself, becuase my favoiutire story usualy changes weekly, but it hasn't changed since i started reading it!
secondly, i know you only just updated aroud two days ago, but please update soon!

and i also have some questions for you:

1. what is your all time favouriote fan fic?
2. what inspired the art of breathing?
3. which character do you prefer; Mary or Sirius?
4. (without giving too much away) wil there be a sequal?
5. do you have any story recomendations i have already checked out you're favourite stories, (i'm not stalking, promise?) but yeah, anything you particulary love?

so yeah, sorry if thats one too many questions!

sorry for not reviewing every single chapter, but usualy i just get so hooked i move on to the next straight away and forget to go back and review, but i'll try to anyway!

Blue Biro1

p.s the art of breathing realy reminds me of 'Don't want to miss a thing' by aerosmith, just thought i'd tell you!

thanks a million!

"The road to hell is paved with good intensions, fortunatly i have none"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users