12 replies to this topic

#1 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hello. I'm Hattie and I have been writing (well, at least decent stuff) for around two years. I love writing and reading NextGen and the Marauders. My stories include: Raining [M] and its sequel Sunshine [M] - they are definitely the most light-hearted of my fics so far, lots of fluff and romance and pathetic fallacy and all of that. Dominique [M] is a murder mystery about, you guessed it, Dominique Weasley and it features some death and darkness and ScoRose and a hot Irish Lysander. The Dark of Night [M] is my favourite story to write, and features a sexy brooding Scorpius and slightly sociopathic Albus. Victory [M] is completed and there's also lots of death and rain and darkness in that one too. It's a TedVic. Feel free to ask me questions about anything - reading, writing, fanfic, biscuits, Ed Westwick, anything at all. I'll be happy to answer them.

Edited by stargazer, 15 August 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#2 hpfan45

hpfan45

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

Hey there!

My name's becca and I'm reading your story Bad Habit. First I want to say I LOVE that story.

So I got some Qs for you....

1. I love the Idea of Rose/Scorpius as badasses. Where did you come up with that? And did you always see them like that in your head?
2. Do you like any Next Gen pairings besides rose/scorpius?
3. What's you favorite TV show? (I know, random)
4. Where do you get your inspiration from?
5. What's your fav Harry Potter book?

I proabably have more, but it's late and I can't remember them. :huh:

p.s your right, freddie stroma IS so hot. (:

becca, with love

Posted Image

[M]there's something about dom||

#3 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:51 AM

Hey Becca!

Thanks!

1. I love the Idea of Rose/Scorpius as badasses. Where did you come up with that? And did you always see them like that in your head?
Yeah, I reckon. I think that they are a bit annoyed about how their parents are famous and stuff like that and how they always expected to be like them - Rose all clever like Hermione and Scorpius all evil like Draco. Rebelling is something every teenager does, but for them it's so much more important.

2. Do you like any Next Gen pairings besides rose/scorpius?
I love any JamesII/OC fanfics. I am currently writing a new story about Dominique and Lysander, which is currently my favourite ship.

3. What's you favorite TV show? (I know, random)
Not random! I get lots of inspiration from TV shows. There are quite a few - Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, Heroes, Shameless.

4. Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from the books (obviously :)), TV shows and just everyday life really.

5. What's your fav Harry Potter book?
Very difficult question. I think number 6 because it's very funny, but number 2 I think is completely underated. It's very scary. Imagine if a massive snake was going aorund your school petrifying people. Obviously number 1 has a very special place in my heart. I can't choose! I love all of them.

Thanks for your questions and for visiting my MTA page! :)

#4 RocketBabyDoll9

RocketBabyDoll9

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hey there! I just reviewed the first chapter of Dominique for you, and I plan on trying to review the rest soon. I thought I might as well ask you some questions, since I love to learn about people! Does that make me weird? Hope not. :)

1) Where do you draw inspiration from?
2) Do you prefer writing in loud settings, with music, television, etc., or do you prefer there to be silence when you're trying to concentrate?
3) Do you plan out everything that happens in your stories? Or do you just wing it? (I'm horrible and I'm making up my entire story as I go along).
4) What are some of your favorite stories on the site?
5) What's the significance of your user/author name?
6) What is your favorite music to listen to at the moment?
7) Favorite 'ship?

Erm, that's about all I can think of! I know, I'm totally unoriginal, but when I read more of your story(ies) I'll probably have some more for you. (:

Author Page [15]

Posted Image

set by prospero @ TDA

icon by fantôme @ TDA

My name is growing all the time, and I've lived a very long, long time; so my name is like a story. -Treebeard, The Two Towers

#5 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hey! Thanks for your review, it's awesome! Sorry but I haven't had to respond yet, but I want to write a decent response to a very decent review and I just haven't found the time. :)

1) Where do you draw inspiration from?
Everywhere, really. Usually a line forms in my head, something that one of the characters would say. That line then forms a scene and so on and so forth. Sometimes a whole story is influenced by one line. For example, I've got a new story coming soon (I say new, really it's a rewrite of an old ScoRose) and the scene that influenced me hasn't even happened yet, and happens much later on in the story.

2) Do you prefer writing in loud settings, with music, television, etc., or do you prefer there to be silence when you're trying to concentrate?
Good questions, and it depends. I write in my local library sometimes. It's lovely. I usually write at night (because I'm nocturnal) so I suppose it's pretty quiet. Silence definitely helps things along.

3) Do you plan out everything that happens in your stories? Or do you just wing it? (I'm horrible and I'm making up my entire story as I go along).
Planning is the way forward, my friend. 'Dominique', for instance, has such a complicated plot line (every murder mystery does - you need the right amounts of hints and build-up time and character development) so I had to plan very carefully. Obviously things always pop up when you are writing a chapter, and I saw always write everything down. You can cut and paste anything into your story line that you think up. It's awesome. :)

4) What are some of your favorite stories on the site?
Toughie. I'm a sucker for Childish_Fairy (she writes the best Lysandoms and ScoRoses). Mistress is also incredible (check out 'Breaking the Quidditch Code') and marinahill, GubraithianFire, shenanigan and ClearCutDiamonds. Everyone's taste is different, and every story is awesome on this site. :)

5) What's the significance of your user/author name?
Mafalda Hopkirk. First name Harriet. The alliteration is an added bonus.

6) What is your favorite music to listen to at the moment?
'Dominique' forces me to listen to some of the most depressing music when I write it. It's a great influence and the music is incredible but sometimes you just have to slap on a bit of Bob Marley or Jimmy Cliff to brighten things up. Listening to Johnny Cash every day can take it's toll. :) When I'm not writing, I listen mostly to old bands (The Clash, The Coral, Free, The Who etc) but also some modern bands like Florence + the Machine and Mumford & Sons.

7) Favorite 'ship?
Scorpius and Rose. End of. They are so awesome and I know that some of the ScoRoses out there can be become miraculously cliché (I would know, I wrote one of them), but I can just think that with the NextGen you can have so much free will to do anything you want with them. You already have the names and parentage and you can take traits from Draco or Hermione or Ron to add into their characters, but really you can do anything you want with them.

Thanks for asking me some questions! :)

Edited by HarrietHopkirk, 16 February 2010 - 08:02 PM.

#6 foundriapenguin

foundriapenguin

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hello! So I was reading Raining a while ago (can I say LOVE THAT STORY?!) and I have two questions for you! :D

1. What made you want to use raining as the theme connecting all the chapters in the story?
2. Do you see the story as more funny or serious? I noticed that you changed the previous banner to a much brighter one recently, so it made me think about the real mood of the story..

Thanks for your time! Rah-rah-rah-Ravenclaw! (:

jordan =)

#7 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

1. What made you want to use raining as the theme connecting all the chapters in the story?
I just think that everything is far more dramatic in the rain. Plus I wanted to write a one-shot about the classic 'kiss in the rain' scene, and it just sort of sprang from there.

2. Do you see the story as more funny or serious? I noticed that you changed the previous banner to a much brighter one recently, so it made me think about the real mood of the story..
Mixture of both, really. I try to write funny scenes in chapters that have a more serious underlying message to them. Take the chapter with Amelie at her Mum's wedding: obviously realising her dad was a massive goldigger and that he did not come back to see her is pretty serious, but the conversations between James and her are more lighthearted. I think it is good to have a balance, you know?

Thank you so much for your questions! :)

#8 gwenizzle

gwenizzle

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Howdy, Hattie. I'm here to ask you some questions about your stories!

1. Where did you get your inspiration for 'Dominique'?
2. Is there going to be sequel?
3. Do you prefer canon or AU?
3. Do you prefer Dom/Lysander or Rose/Scorpius?
4. What is your favourite era to read?
5. What do you think of Clemence Poesy being in Gossip Girl?

#9 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Hey Gwen!! :)

1. Where did you get your inspiration for 'Dominique'?
I had a massive desire to write a Dominique/Lysander. I also had a massive desire to write a murder mystery, and to write it in first person. It was, originally, going to be your classic Hogwarts-era romance thing, but I wanted to write something much darker because NextGens are usually quite happy before the big Voldy has been vanquished. During my planning stages, what inspired me was mostly music like Florence + the Machine and Mumford and Sons. Johnny Cash was also a big help. He really knows how to sing about death.

2. Is there going to be sequel?
Hell yes! It's already being planned! Hints are already in the posted chapters my friend, so keep a look out!

3. Do you prefer canon or AU?
Canon is king. Obviously with NextGen you have a certain amount of leverage, but I will always believe in Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny and all the others. Plus I'm a little bit guilty - Lorcan and Lysander are meant to be a little bit younger than the rest of the Potter/Weasley kids (it came from J.K herself) but I usually write them at the same age as them anyway. Never, ever will Harry have an undiscovered twin sister. Hermione and Draco will never ever get it on. That's just the way I think it should be.

4. Do you prefer Dom/Lysander or Rose/Scorpius?
Eek. What a toughie. Rose and Scorpius are pretty much my one true love, however there are a lot of clichés surrounding them, and so it makes them quite hard to write and sometimes read. Dominique and Lysander are so fresh and new, and you can really make them whatever you want, and I think that is what makes them awesome.

5. What is your favourite era to read?
Sometimes when I read a happy Marauders story it just makes me sad because I know that they are all going to die. That said, it is definitely one of my favourite eras to read. NextGen is obviously my favourite, seeing as I write it so much.

6. What do you think of Clemence Poesy being in Gossip Girl?
Well apparently she's Chuck's new fling and I can't deal with the fact that Chuck isn't with Blair. Clemence is seriously awesome, but she'll never be the new Blair.

Thanks for asking me some questions! Love ya.

#10 princessdi

princessdi

New student

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hello, I'm here to ask some questions (obviously) and I've only got a few!

-What gave you the idea for Dominique?

-What got you interested in the Dominique/Lysander ship?

-Who is your favorite Next Gen character?

-What's your favorite kind of candy?

#11 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hi princessdi! :D

What gave you the idea for Dominique?
I really, really, really wanted to write a murder mystery. Dominique is more a murder mystery than it is a romance story about the love triangle between Lorcan, Dom and Lysander or Scorpius, Rose and Noah. It's angsty, and I have always wanted to write that. It's in first person, and I've always wanted to write that. I imagined the first scene (in St Mungo's where Lorcan dies) and it sort of developed from there.

What got you interested in the Dominique/Lysander ship?
Stories by Childish Fairy. Absolutely awesome. If you don't like Lysandom or ScoRose, you'll be converted.

Who is your favorite Next Gen character?
Dominique, or Louis, but mainly TEDDY! :wub:

What's your favorite kind of candy?
Skittle and kinder buenos. They are so good!

#12 agenth

agenth

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hey!
I love your Amelie & James!
They are so cute, and they definitely belong together.

Ew, I hate James' new girlfriend, Henrietta, so much.
How come he ended up with her, when he could have someone less annoying? :pp

Raining reminds me of Blair/Chuck, were they your inspiration?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Go Gryffies!

#13 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Aaw, thank you! I should really get back to writing that story. Sunshine has been a little bit abandoned because I really want to finish my other story. I do love it - although I always cringe slightly at the fluffiness and the happiness involved, especially when my other stories are very dark - and Raining was my first ever completed story and it holds a special placed in my heart. :)

And yes, I love Amelie and James too! I'm glad you do too.

How come he ended up with her, when he could have someone less annoying? :pp
James ended up with Henrietta because he was lonely and bored. She was different, before, but then the WAG (or whatever the wizard equivalent is) lifestyle caught up with her and she became all disgusting and weird. Remember that James and Amelie hadn't spoken in three years after the events of Raining, and both of them had moved on. It just so happened that they were both single at the end of Raining (in the epilogue chapter), and that's why they decided to give it another try, until Henrietta stopped that and Amelie found Ewan. Basically, James is still with her now because he wants to make Amelie jealous. Idiot boy. It won't end well.

Raining reminds me of Blair/Chuck, were they your inspiration?
Yes and no. They are both a little bit less materialistic and superficial than Chuck and Blair. I do picture them as Ed Westwick and Leighton Meester - like on the banners and chapter images - and some of the scenes are inspired by ones on the show, but I would say that their characters are a mixture of other things too.

Thanks for your questions! Sorry it took me so long to answer! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users