16 replies to this topic

#1 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:08 AM

Posted Image Hi there, I'm Deana! And right now, I am in the process of writing a novel-length fan-fic at HPFF! It is called: "All is NOT Fair in Love & War" & is the only story I have posted there right now. I dont know if I'll do anymore after I've finished this one or not... I guess I haven't thought that far ahead yet, lol! Posted Image Anyways, if you have any questions about Roxi, Saleena, Draco, or any of the other charactors; or any questions in regards to the plot, or any questions about anything in my story for that matter, Lol! Well then, feel free to ask them here! Posted Image

Posted Image Never heard of it? Thats OK! There's a link to it Here: http://www.harrypott...?showuid=158706
In a nutshell, this story is My Take on what would happen if Draco had accepted the Order's protection. After a narrow escape from death, Lucius sends Draco to the Burrow & he is forced to live there with the Weasley's because he has nowhere else to go! Any feedback is Always MUCH Appreciated!!!! Posted Image

Hoping to hear from you soon,
~Deana~
AKA: Yoshi_Kitten -or- RoxiMalfoy

Sig Set by ME: RoxiMalfoy @TDA

Posted Image

HPFF Stories [15+ - M] | TDA Gallery [12+]

#2 Celtic_Dreamer7

Celtic_Dreamer7

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hey Roxi,
I left a review for you latest chapter. So not fair with the cliff hanger. When will the next chapter be up?

~Celtic~

#3 ohcrapidroppedmybrain

ohcrapidroppedmybrain

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

Celtic_Dreamer7, we are here to Meet the Author. Surely you can't leave Deana a comment on her profile? I just don't want you to get in trouble Posted Image

I have some questions for you!

1. Where did you get inspiration to write your story?
2. Are any of your characters based on real people?
3. What made you decide to write a story partially about gypsies?
Who is your favorite HP character? Movie?

#4 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

Hey Roxi,
I left a review for you latest chapter. So not fair with the cliff hanger. When will the next chapter be up?
~Celtic~

Hey Celtic! Posted Image
Hey! Thank you for your review! I DID get it and it made me laugh hysterically by the way, lol!! "All is not fair with this ending! Urgh!!" OMG, that was SO freaking funny! Thank you so much for reviewing, that seriously made my day, heheh! Posted Image The reason I have not responded to it yet though is because I have been putting all of my time, effort and energy into completing this next chapter! I know, that's a lame excuse, but as soon as chapter 15 is done, (which will hopefully be tonight, the way things are going now) I WILL respond to every single one of my unanswered reviews, I promise! That is the very next thing in line at the top of my "to do" list!!!

I am actually just adding the final touches to chapter 15 right now! I think I am going to call it: insert title here. I am VERY excited about this chapter as it is extremely intense!!! I have just recently found a Beta Reader, and her and I have been bouncing idea for this chapter off of one another for the last couple of days now. I could never have made it through this part without her, that's for sure! She is a genius when it comes to Voldemort's characterization!! As soon as I have it finished, I need to send it to her to be edited and, once the necessary changes are made, it will be ready for submission!!! Then all it has to do is get Validated… Posted Image

So, hopefully, the wait will not be too much longer! One way or another, I will let you know when the next chapter is up, I promise! In the meantime, there is a preview for the next chapter up right now!! If you want to read it, there is a link for it right at the top of my "About Me" section on my profile page right now!! If you do read it, feel free to let me know what you think! Thank you SO much for posting here!! You are the very 1st person to write on my MTA page, you know! So, YAY!!! Posted Image (does a happy dance!)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away!!!
I'll TTYL, and thinks again for everything!!

~Deana~

I have some questions for you!

1. Where did you get inspiration to write your story?
2. Are any of your characters based on real people?
3. What made you decide to write a story partially about gypsies?
Who is your favorite HP character? Movie?

Yay! Questions!!! public/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif
Hey Constants, fist of all let me say that I love you SO MUCH right now, lol! public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif (And I totally mean that in an un-creepy, non-stalker-like way, teehee!!)

#1. Ok... you're probably going to think this is so funny, but I actually got the inspiration for this entire story from THIS PICTURE (12+)! I was searching for images to use as my wallpaper one day, a rather long time ago, when I came across that picture. When I saw it, it really got me going on how Draco must not have a very strong relationship with his father. Then I started asking myself why that could be, and thus; the plot bunny that would one day become All is NOT Fair in Love & War was born, lol!! public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

#2. Saleena is totally made up and every single idea for her comes straight out of my imagination, lol! But Roxi on the other hand, parts of her personality were inspired by my cousin Desirae… Well, she's not technically my cousin anymore I guess, cuz my parents got a divorce and we were only related though marriage… But still, that girl is very dear to me, lol! But as for Roxi's appearance and background information, and all her flaws, and her infinite knowledge of poisons and antidotes, I made all of that stuff up! Only her sarcasticness was inspired by my Dezzie, lol! public/style_emoticons/default/yes.gif

#3. The Gypsies are actually a type of being that I created on my own. I had this idea for a different type of human creatures who were all female and could also use magic, but didn't need wands. I couldn't think of anything else to call them, so I just named them gypsies. I'm not exactly where the idea came from. I was just trying to think of what Voldemort could possibly be up to, and I thought about him recruiting the Giants, werewolves, Inferi and Dementors, then I thought, those are all great, but what if I made up my own magical being for him to be seeking after next... Thus the Gypsy clan was formed! public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif
I hope that answers your question sufficiently...

#4. My favorite character in Harry Potter is obviously Draco Malfoy, lol! But if you set him aside, I guess I would have to go with… Luna Lovegood, for sure! All my friends who are HP fans often say that I am Luna, lol! When I first read about her character in the OotP book and all the crazy, off-the-wall things she was saying, I can remember thinking: "Oh my gosh, I would so say something like that," LOL! That and I can relate with Luna about being picked on because I was always made fun of when I was in school too, heheh… But that all stopped in my Junior year when I quit letting what other people say bother me so much and just went about my days being myself, lol! public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

As for my favorite movie… I would definitely have to say Half-Blood Prince, by FAR!!! I went and seen it 5 times what it was in theatres, once was at the midnight showing which I dressed up for and played HP Clue at (lol!) and I even seen it in iMAX once too! It was Awesome! OMG, I love that movie! (Mostly because we get to see more of Draco in it, lol!) But before HPB came out this summer, I would say that Goblet of Fire was my fav, despite Gambon's horrible portrayal of Dumbledore in that movie. GoF was my absolute favorite book until DH came out!! I just loved how much MORE of the Magical Wizarding World that was opened up in that book between the Quidditch World Cup, and the tri-wizard tournament, and seeing all the new faces from other Magical Schools, it was such a great read! And the twist with Barty Crouch Jr. at the end just never gets old! I'm still shocked about that, lol!public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif It was like, dang, I never saw that one coming!!

* Hope I've answered all you wonderful questions well enough! public/style_emoticons/default/sweat.gif If you have anymore, just let me know!!! And thank you again SO much for the Dobby Nom!! *hugs* public/style_emoticons/default/woot.gif You're awesome and I really can't wait to read your review of the chapter 14 and hear what you think about the new chapter once it's up!!! (Which I will be sure to let you know when that is!!) And I will be sure to respond to your review(s) just as soon as I can!!

Ttyl Constants!! public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif
~Deana~

Edited by Joanne K, 03 December 2009 - 08:27 AM.
merged double post and rated link

Posted Image

#5 ohcrapidroppedmybrain

ohcrapidroppedmybrain

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:35 AM

thanks for answering my questions! I was like Posted Image all through it because of your responses. Have you ever considered comedy in your writing (another question!)? I feel loved in that un-creepy, non-stalkerish sort of way Posted Image . I'll let you know when I have more questions.

Edited by ohcrapidroppedmybrain, 02 September 2009 - 04:53 AM.

#6 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:54 AM

...I am actually just adding the final touches to chapter 15 right now! I think I am going to call it: insert title here. I am VERY excited about this chapter as it is extremely intense...

OK SOOO.... I had a MAJOR Blonde moment right there, lol! The name if the chapter is NOT: insert title here, lol! I just totally forgot to copy/paste the actual title over that when I got done typing my response... Yeah, so um, Oops!!! Posted Image

Anyways, what chapter 15 is REALLY going to be called is:
Striking a Deal With the Devil

I know, it's creepy, right?? It took me 4EVER to come up with that title, lol! Posted Image
Hope you guys all like it!!

~And Constants...
Hmm…
Have I ever considered comedy in my writing?
Well, I think I am going to have to answer that one with a big fat YES!!! Posted Image

I mean, have you heard some of the things that come out of Roxi’s mouth, lol! I pretty much rely on her for the majority of comedic relief throughout the whole story, lol!

I guess you could also say that Roxi partially takes after me too, as well as Dez, in the sense that she is totally crazy, hehehe! I have said a lot of the same things that she has said at times... Take the crack she made about Voldemort looking like Michael Jackson for example; she totally stole that one from me, Lol!! Posted Image
:and where is the little devil face when you need it?:
*hugs* Posted Image

~Deana~

Edited by RoxiMalfoy, 02 September 2009 - 05:14 AM.

Posted Image

#7 ohcrapidroppedmybrain

ohcrapidroppedmybrain

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

I can see where you did the edits lol, but I thought you did that on purpose Posted Image . I absolutely adore Roxi's character (because she's so funny) so that's why I asked if you were doing any other stories in the future, like comedies Posted Image

#8 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:57 AM

Oh, you meant in the future... ok, ok I get it now, lol! Posted Image
Well, um... as for now, I have no future plans for future stories, if that makes sence, hehe!

Well,
I am writing that one-shot for the missing moments challenge that I told you about, but that one is not very funny I guess...…
If an idea comes to me though in the future, I will most likely write about it cuz I am addicted to Fan-Fiction now, lol!!! I think it might be cool to do a short story about Roxi's life in America, maybe right before she came to London. I'll bet that would be funny, especially if it were written in 1st person from her POV, lol! That girl seriously has one active imagination, hehehe! Posted Image

But as for now, All is NOT Fair in Love &War is my main focus for the moment. I don't know if I could write and keep up with two stories at the same time cuz I can barely keep as it up right now, lol! I never in a million years believed that my story would be getting this much attention all of a sudden! I mean, right now I am 28 unanswered reviews behind, lol! Its getting hard to keep up, especially with my stupid dumb work schedule changing every single week! My supervisor is a downright pain sometimes, lol! Posted Image

If I ever do decide to write anything more though, you will be the first to know Constants, you know that! Posted Image

Edited by RoxiMalfoy, 02 September 2009 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Celtic_Dreamer7

Celtic_Dreamer7

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

OK, took me a minute, but I found the preview. Posted Image That's all?? LOL. Just kidding. From the beginning of the preview to the end it was again well written. Can't wait for the rest of it. Now for questions so I won't get into trouble :

1. Do you have a set amount of chapters planned for this story?

2. Will there be a sequel?

3. What/who (if anyone) was your inspiration for your OC, Roxi?

~Celtic~

#10 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

OK, took me a minute, but I found the preview. Posted Image That's all?? LOL. Just kidding. From the beginning of the preview to the end it was again well written. Can't wait for the rest of it. Now for questions so I won't get into trouble :

1. Do you have a set amount of chapters planned for this story?
2. Will there be a sequel?
3. What/who (if anyone) was your inspiration for your OC, Roxi?

~Celtic~

Teehee! Yep, that's all for now… I am glad you liked all of it, but the rest of the chapter way better!! When I submitted it, the line wait was only at 23 hours so hopefully it will be up sometime tomorrow or the day after! You won't have to wait too much longer to read the rest, lol! Posted Image

Now, onto your questions!!!!

#1. I actually do not have a set amount right now, but I am estimating it to be somewhere around 50 chapters or so!! Maybe a few more, could be a little less, it really is hard to say at this point! Posted Image

#2. As far as a sequel goes, no, there isn't anything like that planned at the moment… However, since SO many people really seem to like Saleena, and the whole idea of the gypsies, I am considering writing a fic from her POV that maybe runs parallel to All is NOT Fair in Love & War. If I do do that, then it will most likely start out with her as a kid, (back when she was best friends with Sirius, before his Hogwarts days) and then it will tell how she got her job and met the Malfoys and all of that. But that is not a guaranteed plan at the moment, lol! It is just something I am thinking about for now... Posted Image

#3. The inspiration for Roxi stems from quite a few different things really, lol! The majority of her personality traits come from my cousin, Desirae. (Dez was also the one who initially came up with the idea for her last name). The fact that Roxi also only has a father comes from my cousin too, only her mother didn't die. She just up and left when Dez was born. Posted Image) Roxi is also an only child, and as a result is a daddy's girl, (just like Dez!) And the fact that Roxi has a very rich father, (which hasn't been brought up in the story yet, but will soon) and yet remains humble and down-to-earth, rather than becoming a spoiled little brat; was inspired by Desire too! My uncle Kevin had tons of money, but you would never know that he and Dez were rich if you met them. Its all about the way they carry themselves, they don't go around bragging and boasting that they have money. They wear normal clothes, live in fairly normal-sized house, and yes, they even still shop at wal-mart, lol!! And that's the way I wanted Roxi to be!

Much of Roxi also comes from me too, to be truthful! Like her sarcasticness, her awesome fashion sense, and the fact that she is completely crazy about Draco Malfoy, hehehe! She gets her spontaneity and her craziness from me too I guess, lol! Posted Image
Oh, and I chose Pink as her favorite color because pink is my favorite color as well! (and I always wanted to die my hair pink, but never really had the guts to actually do it. Although, I did have a couple of hot pink highlights in my hair once, but they faded pretty quickly…)

Her temper is derived a bit from my mom, as is her advice-giving skills, and her ability to be such a great listener. The passion with which Roxi always stands up for what she believes in with was also inspired by my mother as well.

All other things about her, such as her being an American Metamorphmagus who moves to London to work as an Auror, her infinite knowledge of poisons and their antidotes, her fear of heights, and her love of chocolate came from my imagination! They weren't really inspired by anything, just stuff I made up about her!

And OMG, I finally found the most perfect picture to use as her when she has that pink hairstyle at the beginning!!!!!
I have been searching for pics of girls with hot pink hair since like, forever!!! I made a chapter image out of it and it should show up soon in |Chapter 6| The Spy. But if you wanna see her right now, Here is a link to the Larger Version (12+) of that pic!!
The only thing I don't really like in this picture are her eyes because they're like hidden in darkness. (But you can't really it so much in the smaller chapter version though…) Other than that, it is perfect!!!
And the girl with Draco in my sig is meant to be Roxi too!!! You see, after her and Draco get together, she modifies it to a shoulder-length, Malfoy-Blonde color, but still keeps a touch of pink in it by adding highlights. Roxi just about always has pink in her hair, in one way or another! The only time she doesn't is when she gets extremely depressed, in which case her hair is long and black. (And you had better watch out for her when you see her looking like this, because it generally means that she does NOT want to be messed with, lol!)
And the inspiration for all of this was just made up as well... It all kinda goes along with the Metamorphmagus idea!

~ OH WOW! Posted Image That was one very long explanation, lol! Hope I covered everything well!! Let me know if you have any more questions!!!

Thanks Celtic!!
~Deana~

Edited by Joanne K, 03 December 2009 - 08:28 AM.
rated link

Posted Image

#11 ohcrapidroppedmybrain

ohcrapidroppedmybrain

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:09 AM

Hello neighbour (just kidding. I was watching Family Guy and a Mr. Rodger's parody was on) Anyways *cuts through awkward silence*

I just read the preview for the next chapter!!!!

And let me say I expect them to kiss before Voldemort shows up, lol. It will be a moment of weakness thing, but very juicy!

No? That's okay. Maybe I'm going ahead of myself. I WANT SNOGGING BEFORE YOUR STORY IS COMPLETED DEANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a few questions for you!

1. How hard is it to get in your character's heads whilst writing?
2. What has been your greatest challenge thus far?
3. Your writing skill is improving greatly, and it makes me proud. Any advice you want to give beginner writers?

#12 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:28 AM

Hello neighbour (just kidding. I was watching Family Guy and a Mr. Rodger's parody was on) Anyways *cuts through awkward silence*
I just read the preview for the next chapter!!!!
And let me say I expect them to kiss before Voldemort shows up, lol. It will be a moment of weakness thing, but very juicy!
No? That's okay. Maybe I'm going ahead of myself. I WANT SNOGGING BEFORE YOUR STORY IS COMPLETED DEANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got a few questions for you!
1. How hard is it to get in your character's heads whilst writing?
2. What has been your greatest challenge thus far?
3. Your writing skill is improving greatly, and it makes me proud. Any advice you want to give beginner writers?

Well, I'm glad you read the preview, and I hope you like what you've read so far!! That piece actually takes place in the middle of the chapter, unlike the last one, which was at the very beginning… Just trying something new I guess! And as for the more Roxi/Draco action, my response to that would be to read the next chapter once it is up!! And in regards to the snogging, well, I wasn't kidding when I said that everyone might be plesantly suprized with the ending of the next chapter, (hint-hint)!!! EEK!! I am SO psyched for it to go up and for people to read it, that it isn't even funny, lol! (And yet, I'm laughing… weird, haha!) Posted Image

So anyways... moving on to your questions now, heheh! Posted Image First off, I'm sorry it took me a little while to answer all of these, but all 3 of them really made me dig down and think! (Which I love, so thank you for that, lol!) They were all very inspiring, and I wanted to take some time to really think them all over, and answer them properly! That being said, here are my answers to your amazing questions Constants!! Posted Image

#1. How hard is it to get in your character's heads whilst writing?
Well, it depends on the character I'm writing really. Draco's character, for example, has pretty much always come to me naturally. Another I've never really had any troubles with is Death Eater Percy, lol! I love writing him as a villain, but I am loving people's reactions to his evilness even more, hehehe!! However, there are certain characters that present MUCH much more of a challenge, like Snape and Bellatrix for instance. The chapter I am working on right now has a conversation between Roxi and Bellatrix that I am finding to be very much of a challenge to write. Its really hard, getting inside of her head. And Snape is challenging because, well, we were all so wrong about him for such a long time, cuz in the last book, we find that there is this whole other side to him! Since my story takes place before the events of DH, it can be hard to write about Snape and get into his head to know how he may feel about certain things, and process other bits of information. He's a very wise character, and he thinks before he acts, so that is sometimes hard for me to interpret.

One character that is seems I cannot write, is Voldemort! It is nearly impossible for me to get inside his head most days. The newest chapter I have up now, A Deal With the Devil, would be nothing if it were not for my Beta! Katie is an absolute genius with the characterization of Lord Voldemort!! I have bounced ideas off of her a lot here recently and she has really helped me to understand Voldemort more! I owe her a lot when it comes to him, lol!

#2. What has been your greatest challenge thus far?
I am assuming that you're talking about in my writing, and not in life, right?? If so, then I would say that my greatest challenge in writing All is NOT Fair in Love & War would have to be making the decision to stick with it. There was a time, back in March of this year, when I quit writing it for almost 3 months. I was having internet problems, and life/family problems, and I kinda sortta lost my muse there for a bit. I wasn't getting any feedback on it hardly at all, and it just didn't seem to be turning out quite how I had planned it to… so I put the whole thing on hiatus for a bit. And initially, I had no intention on returning back to it.

But when I did finally decide to come back, my support not only doubled, but it tripled!! Even and I cannot believe the response and all the feedback I am getting on it now! The whole experience has just left me wondering why I even thought about giving up on writing for HPFF in the first place, and made me feel like such an idiot for leaving, lol! I have been writing since the 2nd grade, its something I enjoy doing, and weather I like it or not, it had become a part of who I am! So me thinking that I would just stop writing was an absurd thought to begin with!

Since I decided to start writing again, back in May, it has been a challenge to get ahead, and to have my updates ready to go in time for when the chapter before it gets validated. I always try to do at least one chapter a week, but that goal has gradually become more difficult as my job, and my everyday life in general, has become more and more demanding! However, unlike before, I have a bit of a following now, which really pushes me to keep at it! I have people now, people like you Constants, who do read, and who do take the time to leave me awesome and helpful reviews. And it is for those people that I feel driven to continue on and update faster! I myself hate waiting for months at a time to read the next chapter of a story I am reading. If updates take too long, I eventually lose interest. So, I do NOT want any of my readers to lose interest because I was lazy and didn't update fast enough, lol! So I guess that's what my biggest challenge is; to keep writing and keep updating as fast as possible...

#3. Your writing skill is improving greatly, and it makes me proud. Any advice you want to give beginner writers?
First of all, I want to say thank you SO much for saying that girlie!!! Posted Image I sure would like to hope that I am improving some with each and every chapter I write....

As for the advice... Well, like I said in my response to your last question; the most important thing I have learned through all of this is to never give up!!! When you first publish a story, it can be VERY hard to gain a following, but you should not let that discourage you like I did! You should write from the heart, and write because it is something that you love, and not just something you do to please people! I know I certainly don't writ to please people… I know this might sound harsh, but I write to please me! For example; I am almost 100% positive that a lot of people are going to be completely ticked with my last chapter of All is NOT Fain in Love & War, because I already DO have the ending of the story all planned out! I alone know what is going to happen, and it isn't necessarily what you might call a Happy Ending, hehe!! However, I do plan to write a much more Happy Epilogue to make up for it, so don't worry!!

The Number 1 thing that has helped me to improve overall is my Reviewers!!! People who take the time to say "hey this aint right" or "he's not in character, you need to work on him more" or "you spelled this and that wrong" etc, etc… I would not be writing half as well as I am right now of it had not been for more than half of the reviews I've gotten! So some more advice I can give to beginners, would be that when someone leaves you a review and points out something you might have missed, listen to what they are saying, and take that into consideration as you continue to write!! Do not get offended when someone leaves you a review, and the only thing they point out is the fact that you used the wrong version of the word course, or that you spelled Neville's name wrong, lol! You thank them for pointing that out, and then make sure to correct the mistake, and see to it that it never happens again!

Another thing I would strongly advise is that, if you are new to HPFF, join the forums!!! The people on here are all so nice, and so helpful! Anytime you have a question about something, all you have to do is just ask! We are all obsessive Harry Potter fans here, so someone out there is bound to know the answer to whatever you seek! And if you need help titling or summarizing something, there are people here that love to help out with things like that, (I being one of them, lol!) In all honesty, I believe that joining the forums is what helped my story get all of the attention that it has gotten here recently! Because I really didn't start to see a dramatic change in my read count until after I joined the forum, set up my profile/about me page, got my own signature made, and created a 'Meet the Author'. Not only that, but there are several places where you can shamelessly advertise your story on here, lol! And some of the workshops WR Archive can be VERY helpful when you're stuck! There are just SO many places you can go to and SO many people you can talk to whenever you need help! There are so many that I myself have not discovered all of them yet, lol! I am still finding new topics that turn out to be extraordinarily helpful, and great fun, every single day, lol!!

Honestly, becoming active on the forums, (and dot just joining) has helped me out tremendously as a writer! And I say being active as opposed to just joining because I actually signed up for here in March (as you can see on my profile) but I did not become active and start making any posts until like early June or something like that, lol! Its one thing to be a member on the forums, it a whole other to actually be on it often, and contribute to what is going here! There is something very fulfilling about doing my part and helping out whenever someone has questions, or needs things like Title suggestions! It like being a part of a community and everyone has to do their part. No one is more or less important, to an extent, everyone is valued, and we all share a common bond: Our LOVE for the Harry Potter series!! In a way, the people I have met and become friends with here on the HPFF Forums have become almost like family, and if you are a new author here, and you have not become active yet in the Forums, then I am sorry to say, but you have NO Idea of what you are missing out on!!!

And one LAST thing I would highly recommend to any beginner out there who might be reading this, especially if you are writing your 1st ever piece of fan-fiction, is to find a Beta Reader!!! Me personally, I know I tend to be very prideful at times, and therefore would like to just assume that I do everything right, and that I don't mess up, or spell things wrong, or miss-characterize anyone, but those assumptions could NOT be any farther from the truth, LOL!!! In the beginning, I was like: "I don't need help. I know what I'm doing. I don't need to find a Beta." But I am telling you right now, if you are having those kind of thoughts; YOU ARE WRONG!!! After months of dealing with my own stubbornness, I finally filled out the form to find a Beta Reader of my own… and let me tell ya, now that I have found her, I have NO IDEA how I have been writing this long without her!! She is great, and tremendously helpful, and resourceful, and she is just as passionate about my story as I am!! That being said, it is just SO nice to have someone there, someone who knows what's happening in advance, who you can just bounce ideas off of! If I am struggling with something, I know that I can always just ask my Beta: "Hey, do you think Snape would say something like that?" -OR- "Hey, how do you think Lord Voldemort would respond to something like this?" and she always answers me and we work through the things I'm not so good at together! Its also very nice to have someone there to double-check for all those pesky spelling and grammatical errors as well! As much as I would like to think that I am perfect, and that things like that don't happen to me, I am in NO WAY anywhere near being perfect, lol! One of my biggest regrets is that I did not find a Beta sooner, because now I have 14 pervious chapters to go through and redo to fix everything on top of everything else I am currently working on at the moment, lol! So if you're just starting out, you should definitely start looking for a Beta Reader sooner that your 14th chapter, haha!

* Now, because that answer was SO LONG, I feel the need to just recap, and summarize everything I've said, in closing. You asked me what advice would I want to give to beginner writers, and my answer is this:
1. Never give up and always stick with it, no matter what happens!
2. Write from the Heart, because it is something that you want to do!
3. Always listen to your reviewers, and do not be afraid to ask for help!
4. Join the Forums, and Become an Active Member here on HPFF
5. and do NOT hesitate to find you a good Beta Reader, they really are very helpful!

Anyhow, THANKS for asking such amazing, inspiring, and thought-provoking questions Constants!!! If you have any more, well then, just keep 'em coming, lol!! Posted Image Cuz I really did love answering all of these!! *hugs* Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Korean00American

Korean00American

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hey Roxi! I can't wait to begin reviewing "All is NOT Fair in Love and War," and I wanted to ask you a few silly off-topic questions!

The Choose or Lose Challenge: Which One, and Why?
1. Pancakes or waffles?
2. Sesame Street or Barney?
3. Draco or Lucius?
4. Coffee or Tea?
5. Sneakers or flip-flops?
6. Talking or texting?
7. Harry or Ron?
8. Winter or Summer?
9. Jeans or sweat pants?
10. Fanfic: Strictly cannon or AU?

Hope you have fun choosing! *^^*

Posted Image

#14 RoxiMalfoy

RoxiMalfoy

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hey Roxi! I can't wait to begin reviewing "All is NOT Fair in Love and War," and I wanted to ask you a few silly off-topic questions!

The Choose or Lose Challenge: Which One, and Why?
1. Pancakes or waffles?
3. Draco or Lucius?
4. Coffee or Tea?
6. Talking or texting?
7. Harry or Ron?
8. Winter or Summer?
9. Jeans or sweat pants?

Hope you have fun choosing! *^^*

Hey there!! I have no idea why, but for some random reason, I wasn't notified when you posted these questions... Otherwise, I would have answered them a LOT sooner than right now, lol! Sorry I haven't checked this sooner than now, but there is no time like the present I guess. So I'll start answering them al right now, haha! Posted Image

1. Pancakes or waffles?
Honestly, I've never really been a fan of either before. I'm more of a French Toast kinda gal, to tell you the truth, lol!

Sesame street because they just have so many more classic characters than Barney ever did. (Elmo, Big Bird, the Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch, to name a few!!)

3. Draco or Lucius?
DRACO, DRACO, DRACO!!!! Because, yeah...It's not like I'm obsessed with him or anything like that, lol! I mean, you've read part of my story before... Posted Image

4. Coffee or Tea?
Tea. Hot Tea especially. I usually can't stand the taste of coffee. Whenever I do occasionally drink it though, I'm usually one of those people who prefer a little bit of coffee with my creamer, lol!

CONVERSE!! (Does that count??) And I prefer Hi-Tops rather than Low, in case you were wondering. I currently have 7 different pairs lf them altogether, lol!

6. Talking or texting?
Talking... In case you haven't noticed, I am totally a talker, lol! I H8 Txting, heheh!!

7. Harry or Ron?
Hmm... I'm gonna have to say Harry. He's just so much more interesting than Ron, in my opinion.

8. Winter or Summer?
SUMMER! OMG, I loathe the snow... There is currently about a foot of it sitting in my front yard right now and I am sick and tired of it. I had to shovel my driveway twice the other day in order to prevent my car from getting stuck, because I had to work that night.

9. Jeans or sweat pants?
Skinny jeans all the way baby, cuz they're comfortable and I actually look good in them, lol!

Um, I like the characters to stay true to cannon, but I usually don't mind it if the plot is a little AU. I mean, after all, All is NOT Fair in Love in War is slightly AU... It would be kind of hypocritical of me to say that I hated anything that wasn't true to cannon, ya know?

Wow, that really was a lot of fun, lol! Random, but FUN nonetheless!!! I love being asked lots of questions like that, haha! Posted Image And I absolutely LOVED all your reviews for All is NOT fair in Love & War by the way. I can't wait until you have the time to read/review more of it!! Thank you so much for asking all the great questions hun! I hope you enjoy all of my answers!! Posted Image

Edited by RoxiMalfoy, 10 February 2010 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image

#15 LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

LiveLaughLoveHarryPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

What's you main inspiration?

Do you listen to music when you write? A
specific song, band, or genre?

What's your favorite food, type of food (Chinese, Mexican...), restaurant?

What you give for a Dobby award?

If you won said Dobby award, what do you think it would be for?

What's your favorite book? Movie? TV show? Website?

What's your favorite fic that you wrote?

That you didn't write??

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All icons taken from ushitora_icons on LiveJournal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users