Photo

HarryPotter is my LIFEIn the hizz-house!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

Alright, so this is Meet the Author Version 3.0. I felt that the last page was a bit outdated (again), seeing as a lot has changed and new stories have been updated.

As always, I love answering questions about the imaginary little work in my head. (:

Polychromatic

Mischief. Mayhem. Marauding - this is what happens at Hogwarts. The Marauders team up with their nutter friend, Anna Xanthis, in an effort to destroy Hogwarts.

Or maybe they'll just get some chocolate... Yeah, chocolate sounds good.

Sirius would also like to inform everyone that he is not a girl. (Despite what his mates may tell you.)

This is my seventy-something chapter pride and joy. This grew from a little escape from real life to a second world. It is the first story written in my 'A Few Crayons Short' series. This one's my baby (:

Versicolor

The Blacks are back! The takeover has begun- one detention at a time.

Aldan has spent too much time with Uncle Remus- womanizing tendencies are contagious. William detests his entire family and seems to have missed out on the 'fun' gene. And Lupin just wants to get through Hogwarts without Aldan ruining all of her chances of procreating.

Sequel to 'Polychromatic'

This follows the next generation of trouble makers at Hogwarts. I'm excited for everyone to see what the Blacks are up to and what sort of trouble the kids are up to.

Acrimony

In a showdown between Bria Grant and Anastasia Xanthis, it's a one-sided fight...

Anastasia manages everything that Bria wants with no effort at all. Bria wants to claw Anastasia's eyes out; Anastasia barely acknowledges Bria. As Bria struggles with the trials and tribulations of adolesence, can she come to terms with the person who has put her in the shadow since First year?

A spin-off of Polychromatic, and a side story in the series 'A Few Crayons Short.'

Technicolor

The mysterious second sequel to Polychromatic. I can't say much here but it will be the third story in 'A Few Crayons Short' series. Nobody knows about this story apart from me and my beta. But look out for it eventually...

Only Dumbledore

Dumbledore's crazy ideas always lead to trouble...

-When he decided it would be nice to hold a Quidditch match over the lake in the Marauder's First year.
-Or, of course, just a few months ago, when he thought it would be a pleasant surprise to serve nothing but Bertie Bott's Beans in the Great Hall.

But making the older students care for a baby for a month to promote abstinence- ludicrous!

A fun short story that kind of fizzled out towards the end. But I had fun writing it!

17 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do at Hogwarts

Rule #1: I will not poke Hufflepuffs with spoons nor will I insist that their house colors indicate they are "covered in bees."

Over the years, Hogwarts has had it's share of troublemakers. The Marauders, the Weasley twins, and even the Golden Trio themselves walked the halls of the castle.

In this series of one-shots, watch our lovable troublemakers doing what they do best; breaking the rules.

Rule #17: I'm not allowed to make lightsaber sounds with my wand.

I based this off a challenge- '150 Things Not to Do At Hogwarts', with my own spin on it!

Best Friends

Callie Lemmings is a proud person; mess with her dignity and you're going to wish you didn't. What happens, when the one person who dares insult her pride, is Sirius Black, one of her best friends?

This was a one-shot I wrote a while ago... One-shots aren't exactly what I do best, but I think this was a passable attempt.

The Unborn Secret
One of my older ones... One I've revised many times, but still isn't quite up to the level I'm writing at now. Actually, I think I wrote this over three years ago...

What truly happened on the night that Lily and James Potter died? Did another die that night, unknown to the rest of the world?

It's a Part of You Now

Just as Ron and Hermione begin to act on their hidden feelings, tradegy occurrs and Hermione is kidnapped by Severus Snape, set on vengence. Left in a dungeon with no one to fend for her but Draco Malfoy, things get a little twisted. Will Draco's change of heart be enough to woo Hermione away from the love she's been holding since her childhood?

Ugh. I almost didn't want to put this one up. I revised it (thankfully) but it still makes me cringe when I read it. One of the first stories I ever wrote, and the first multi-chapter fic that I finished.

No Wands Allowed

When Ron and Hermione's constant rows get to be too much, Harry takes charge. Ron and Hermione are to battle it out. No wands, only themselves. Whoever wins the insult battle, will have total power. The only question, who will it be?

Probably one of my only original stories that I'm proud of. I still get a kick out of this when I read it now.

Edited by stargazer, 01 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Posted Image
banner by follow the butterflies(TDA) - rated mature

Sequel: Versicolor (rated M)

#2 Guest_kaityb_Guest

Guest_kaityb_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hi there smile.gif

I was just wondering do you plan for your sequels to Polychromatic to be as long as it?
72 Chapters is awfully long hahaha, it must be alot of hard work smile.gif

#3 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

No, certainly not. biggrin.gif

If I had to guess, I would think that the first sequel (Versicolor) will be about half the length.

The second sequel (Technicolor) will probably fall in between the two, but closer to a smaller number.
Posted Image

#4 Varlot

Varlot

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:33 AM

Hi. I was wondering...

What happened to Oliver's mother?
Does he spend half is time with her or something like that?

I was just wondering because you haven't mentioned her in a while, and the only time we've seen Darren's place, Oliver was there. And I thought you had said that Oliver was with Darren's mother while he was in school, so where was she?

Thanks so much!

Banner by lune cat!
Posted Image

#5 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Oliver's mother is virtually non-existent. She attended Darren's school and had a relationship with him that did not end well. She raised Oliver for the first few years, and then permanently passed him off to Darren, wanting nothing more to do with him or Darren, and wanting to go back to school after having dropped out.

However, when Oliver was 13, Darren got in touch with Oliver's mother and Oliver got to meet her. And that's about all. He's pretty much been raised by Darren and Connie.
Posted Image

#6 RonNiffler

RonNiffler

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:07 AM

Huge fan here!!! Your story Polychromatic was amazing! I laughed so hard I nearly cried!
So I have a few questions! :)
1. Which story that you wrote do you like the best?
2. Whats your fav gen. to write?
3. If hagrid asked yout to pet sit would you?
Can't wait to see your answers :

Posted Image

Siggy and Avatar by: veneficus @ tda

Check Out My Stories! (M) , Meet the Author 12+

#7 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

Huge fan here!!! Your story Polychromatic was amazing! I laughed so hard I nearly cried!
So I have a few questions! smile.gif
1. Which story that you wrote do you like the best?
3. If hagrid asked yout to pet sit would you?
Can't wait to see your answers :

Hi!! It's always nice to hear from fans! I love it! Especially when I'm in a generally crappy post-surgery mood. smile.gif

1. White story that you wrote do you like the best?

Definitely Polychromatic. I starting writing this a couple years ago, after I had taken an indefinite hiatus from fanficiton writing. The story just kept building and building until I decided that I really had to post it. Out of all the stories I've written, this has definitely been the most fun to write. From incorporating people and inside jokes from my own life to just the general humorous characteristic of the story this has definitely been my favorite.

By gen to you mean genre or generation? If it's generation, it's probably the Marauders era. I just love those lovable idiots, but a close second is the Next Gen. I don't really like wrting the Hogwarts era, or any of the eras in between like Founders or Post-Hogwarts. Marauders and Next Gen. give just enough background so that you don't have to pull ideas out of your you-know-where, but you still have enough room to go anywhere you want with the story.

If you're talking genre, it's humor by far. I mean, if you do drama, you're pretty confined. But in the humor genre, you can do stupid humor, goofy humor, raunchy humor, and dark humor for when you feel like branching out a bit. Not to mention, it's just most definitely the funnest genre to write. smile.gif

3. If hagrid asked you to pet sit would you?

Ummm. lol I like this question. I'd probably have to double-check with him which pet this would be. I mean, if it was a unicorn or a crup, I'd love to. But if he wanted me to watch over a Blast-ended skrewt or something, I don't know if I could quite bring myself to do that. smile.gif

snitch_zps5a24ccb3.png

Posted Image

#8 BellaCamille

BellaCamille

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

Okay so I'm almost halfway through your Polychromatic, it's quite funny and Anna and Sirius just make me laugh, as well as James (of course). I love your portrayal of Remus and Peter, as well. I love that you toatlly made your own ideas of how the characters should be, as well as adding a non-canon aka, hilarious Anna Xanthis. (Where'd you come up with that last name anyway?) :] Okay so now I have a few questions for you:

1. Where did you get inspiration for your characters? From friends or family? Other stories/ books/ movies?
2. How do you come up with plots for your stories? They are all very interesting and fun to read, but at the same time seem just spur of the moment, I love it!
3. Is Acrimony the last installment in your 'A Few Crayons Short' series? Are you going to finish Versicolor?
4. This is a slightly lame question yes, but I have been wanting to know: who is the girl in your chapter images of Anastasia? I promise I don't want to copy your images or steal your characters or anything, I'm just wondering because she is super-cute. :]

Okay, that's all for now. Keep writing!

P.S. How old are you, your writing is very good and I was just wondering. (I hope this question didn't creep you out).

homecopy_zps7a3d5915.png

oh look! an actual link (M)

<<inspector.(Kelso)^^

#9 elli2312

elli2312

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

hello,

Ive just got some question. I will present the harry potter fandom in my english seminar and therefore Id like to find something out about the motivation of fanfic authors who write about Harry Potter. Maybe you could help me / answer some questions.

Why are you writing about the Harry Potter series /charachters of the HP series? Why not about sth. else?
What is so interesting abou the HP world?
What kind of fanfic are you writing? (like romance, slash)and why?

I would be glad if you answered me. I hope your answers will help me to present the HP fandom well.

thank you,

#10 lupin.girl.forever

lupin.girl.forever

New student

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

I read Polychromatic and LOVED IT. I think I actually read the whole thing at least twice (: And I forced my friend to read it and she LOVED IT! So? Where'd it go? I went to go reread it (yet again tee hee I love that story) and it said it wasn't there anymore and I nearly cried!

I love your stuff and can't wait for more.

~K.K~

#11 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Okay so I'm almost halfway through your Polychromatic, it's quite funny and Anna and Sirius just make me laugh, as well as James (of course). I love your portrayal of Remus and Peter, as well. I love that you toatlly made your own ideas of how the characters should be, as well as adding a non-canon aka, hilarious Anna Xanthis. (Where'd you come up with that last name anyway?) :] Okay so now I have a few questions for you:

1. Where did you get inspiration for your characters? From friends or family? Other stories/ books/ movies?
2. How do you come up with plots for your stories? They are all very interesting and fun to read, but at the same time seem just spur of the moment, I love it!
3. Is Acrimony the last installment in your 'A Few Crayons Short' series? Are you going to finish Versicolor?
4. This is a slightly lame question yes, but I have been wanting to know: who is the girl in your chapter images of Anastasia? I promise I don't want to copy your images or steal your characters or anything, I'm just wondering because she is super-cute. :]

Okay, that's all for now. Keep writing!

P.S. How old are you, your writing is very good and I was just wondering. (I hope this question didn't creep you out).

Thanks for the questions! I know you've asked them over half a year ago, but I'm going to answer anyway! Sorry it took so long!

1. The inspiration for my characters. . . Some of them are based off of people I know. Mostly they're "bigger and badder" reincarnations of people a know. Darren for example is a boy I knew from High School, but I kind of just blew him up and out of control to make him more interesting. :)
2. The plots sort of wrote themselves. If my chapters have ever seemed - for lack of a better word - choppy, it's because some of them were written months in advance when I had the perfect idea and had to get it down. And just like the characters, some of the chapters have a small basis in my real life.
3. Yes, Acrimony is the last installment. The series was supposed to include Versicolor and another story called Technicolor, but I lost my will to write when I started to write Versicolor. I was originally going to include a story called "The Lost Chapters" which were basically all of the chapters I'd written way ahead of time, posted just so you readers could get a taste of what it should have been, but a tragic USB accident prevented that from happening.
4. The girl in the chapter images in the front(wo)man from a band called Paramore, though those pictures are quite a few years old.

Well, I'm almost 19 now, but I when I started writing this story I was about 16, I believe. Thank you!

Hmm I suppose if you had to write this a while ago it won't help you now. I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner, but hopefully I can still help out?

hello,

Ive just got some question. I will present the harry potter fandom in my english seminar and therefore Id like to find something out about the motivation of fanfic authors who write about Harry Potter. Maybe you could help me / answer some questions.

Why are you writing about the Harry Potter series /charachters of the HP series? Why not about sth. else?
What is so interesting abou the HP world?
What kind of fanfic are you writing? (like romance, slash)and why?

I would be glad if you answered me. I hope your answers will help me to present the HP fandom well.

thank you,

I enjoy writing about the characters in the HP world because I enjoy reading about them. This is a way for me to continue to live out the series even though it's long gone now. I also think with a theme like magic, you can do a lot more interesting things than with just our regular "Muggle" world.

There are infinite things to do with the Harry Potter world. Infinite characters and no time period constraints. One of my first HP fanfics was basically sticking a bunch of original characters into Hogwarts, and even though I didn't have the characters that everyone knows, it was still really fun to write them in that world. It always seems that a witch or wizard with a sense of adventure can get up to so much more trouble than someone without magical powers. :)

I'm writing a humor fanfic, mostly, with a bit of romance. I've always used writing as a way to combine what's going on in my life in the moment, while living out the things in life that I'm not experiencing at the time.

I read Polychromatic and LOVED IT. I think I actually read the whole thing at least twice (: And I forced my friend to read it and she LOVED IT! So? Where'd it go? I went to go reread it (yet again tee hee I love that story) and it said it wasn't there anymore and I nearly cried!

I love your stuff and can't wait for more.

~K.K~

That makes me giddy to hear! :D

I hope you read this and know I intend to get it back up! When the queue closed down and the mods did their sweep of the stories mine got taken down for a couple of non-TOS compliant problems. I've been struggling to get it back up since then, but I won't rest until it's back up. :)
Posted Image

#12 BellaCamille

BellaCamille

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hello there, it's Camille again. I was so surprised when you responded, that I i actually gasped. ( I realize how stupid that sounds now). I honestly thought that you'd moved on from HPFF, which, I was admittedly sad about but also not surprised, the real world has importance, does it not? I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions, because most of them were pretty lame. I also really hope that you continue to try and get Polychromatic back on HPFF, it is one of my all time favorite stories and I think I've read it about three times, up until it was deleted. I'm sure you'll get it back on, because you are a trusted author, right? I was also wondering if you were going to finish the 'A Few Crayons Short' collection, simply because it is such a great collection of stories, that even if you tied it up not as you planned, it would still be so wonderful.
-thanks,
camille

homecopy_zps7a3d5915.png

oh look! an actual link (M)

<<inspector.(Kelso)^^

#13 HarryPotter is my LIFE

HarryPotter is my LIFE

New student

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hello there, it's Camille again. I was so surprised when you responded, that I i actually gasped. ( I realize how stupid that sounds now). I honestly thought that you'd moved on from HPFF, which, I was admittedly sad about but also not surprised, the real world has importance, does it not? I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions, because most of them were pretty lame. I also really hope that you continue to try and get Polychromatic back on HPFF, it is one of my all time favorite stories and I think I've read it about three times, up until it was deleted. I'm sure you'll get it back on, because you are a trusted author, right? I was also wondering if you were going to finish the 'A Few Crayons Short' collection, simply because it is such a great collection of stories, that even if you tied it up not as you planned, it would still be so wonderful.
-thanks,
camille

For the most part I have moved on (as you said, real life kind of takes over my little fake world here) but it was such a big part of my life that I liked to check in every once in a while and was extremely dismayed to find that it had been taken down. It's taking longer than I would have wished - I have to read through the entire thing and make sure the entire thing is TOS compliant. I'm trying to find another medium, perhaps a blog, that I can post it to as well, in case it ever gets taken down again.

I probably won't finish the collection, but once get Polychromatic up I'm still going to try and wrap up Versicolor, which I had previously given up hope of doing.
Posted Image

#14 cassandrefed

cassandrefed

New student

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

okay so my username is hp x cass on hpff and you wanted to message me or something. can you do that here?

#15 dreamm25

dreamm25

New student

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

you deleted Polychromatic? WHY?
i've just read many fantastic recs. about your story and i would love it read it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users