37 replies to this topic

#1 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hi. Call me Mel.

I'm a novice fanfic author but I've been writing on and off for 30 or so years so have some amateur experience. I have one main story on the archives called How to tame a Marauder (Mature) though if my muse co-operates you may see some more stories from me in the future. And yes, my story is Sirius/OC. I hope that hasn't turned you off yet.

Ask me anything - I don't bite and like most people have absolutely no problem talking about myself ad infinitum. Just don't ask anything personal because I'm pretty cagey about my real life and I don't want you to be offended if I refuse to answer it. (That, and it's against site rules. :thumbsup:)

Thanks for dropping by!

Edited by stargazer, 23 October 2010 - 04:44 PM.
edited by request

YotSsigHobbit.png

NEW STORY Year of the snake (M)

How to tame a Marauder (M) | blog | MTA | Gryffie collabs (15+)

awesome sig by Hobbit' at TDA

#2 cedriclover

cedriclover

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

hey there. here are a few random questions for you.

what is your favorite ship?

where do you find yourself getting inspiration from?

what is your favorite story on the archives?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
images credit to canta_loupe @ tda!
my stories (12+) need a beta? PM me
know as confusedlover on HPFF

#3 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(cedriclover @ Apr 25 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey there. here are a few random questions for you.

what is your favorite ship?

where do you find yourself getting inspiration from?

what is your favorite story on the archives?

Hi cedriclover smile.gif

Favourite ship is probably James/Lily, though I do like Ron/Hermione. Not all that keen on Lupin/Tonks, though, something just doesn't seem right there to me.

Inspiration - hard question. I think the whole world JKR invented inspires me. Though for my fic, like I said I think it was mainly that I saw a hole in canon and I thought I might make an attempt at filling it.

Favourite story in the archives - ooh, tricky one. Like just about everyone else I like "Match", though I also have rather a soft spot for "sweet". Not sure that I'd call either of those my favourites but they're what comes to mind now.

thanks for reading!

YotSsigHobbit.png

#4 jetergirl

jetergirl

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hey melian!!!

Just wanted to drop in and ask a few questions, as well as congratulate you on your story so far... as of right now, I've only read up through chapter nine but am looking forward to continuing at my soonest opportunity. I totally understand what you mean about writing a canon Marauders story that is different from all the others - that's why I'm enjoying your story so much, mainly because it's so different and yet it still fits into the universe very well. So if you were worried about your interpretations and such, I wouldn't worry, at least from my point of view, because it's pretty good to my thinking. Anyways, enough pointless rambling, onto my questions:

1. Do you have a favorite character in your story? If you do, which one is it?
2. How do you inspire yourself to write? I mean, when you aren't in the mood to write, what do you do?
3. What is your favorite genre to read? To write?

Well, I guess that's all for now - I'm excited to keep reading your story, though, so keep up the awesome work!

~jetergirl (Cedrics Blueyed Girl @ HPFF)

sig by the wonderful Ande @ TDA

Posted Image

HPFF.need reviews?.MTA

I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" And Jesus replied, "I love you this much." He stretched out His arms on the cross and died for us. If you believe in God, put this in your signature, too...

#5 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi Jetergirl

I have just read and responded to all your reviews, you are officially one of my favourite people! smile.gif And thanks so much for dropping by this page, I do like to feel loved so you're doing a great job at that.

Okay, your questions ...

1. Do you have a favorite character in your story? If you do, which one is it?
2. How do you inspire yourself to write? I mean, when you aren't in the mood to write, what do you do?
3. What is your favorite genre to read? To write?

Hmmm ... fave character in my story. Well I'm quite fond of Laura, obviously, and Martha just makes me crack up sometimes (which can be strange, I realise, since I created her), but you really can't go past Bea. She only has a minor role but there aren't many characters like her in any fiction so I'm rather proud of her, even if she is loosely based on a real person so I can't claim full credit.

And of course I love Sirius (within reason, of course, he's a fictional character) which is why I wrote this thing in the first place. But I've tried to keep him as true to JKR's Sirius as I can so I don't think I can really claim him.

Writing inspiration - Well, this story just came to me one morning as I was getting ready for work. Basically the idea for it and three or four key scenes (one of which you have already read), which I just had to get on paper as soon as I could. I used to do a lot of creative writing as a teenager but that was many many years ago and I'd fallen out of it, the same as I've fallen out of a lot of things I used to have time to do, so I just tried to get back into it. And I've written some other things, mostly short stories, on another site (not fan fic) under another name so it wasn't too hard to get back into the groove. I get some scenarios in my head, usually at night when I'm trying to go to sleep, and if I remember them the next morning I write.

If I'm not in the mood to write I do other things, like cleaning my house or playing with my kids, which too often fall by the wayside (especially the cleaning - terrible of me!) when I do feel inspired. And I have very limited time to write anyway, which is why I'm typing this up at a time when I should be well in bed - you have to pinch a few minutes when you can.

I've just re-read this and it feels very convoluted so sorry about that, but I think I've answered your question.

Okay, favourite genre. I like fantasy, but to a point - love HP and Lord of the Rings (the whole Tolkein universe) but a lot of the other stuff out there leaves me cold. I like children's books like Narnia and the like - I think the whole other universe thing really appeals to me as a venue for escapism. I like chick-lit, the popular romance fiction that's also funny, but I tend to read Jane Austen more often. And I like classics and also the odd murder mystery. And non-fiction, autobiographies and histories and the like. So i read just about anything!

As to writing, well I've struggled to write anything that's not romance. I need to broaden myself a bit there but so far those are what have come to my head and so that's what I've written. However, if something else comes to me then I'll certainly give it a go, I just need the idea to inspire me.

Thanks again for dropping by and I hope I've answered your questions adequately!

cheers smile.gif

YotSsigHobbit.png

#6 nire

nire

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

I'd just like to say in response to your review that in no way is your story going to put me off by going through to the end of the seventh year. In fact, I smiled just thinking about it. I love it when authors do that. And congrats for sticking with it and developing it like that! I really applaud it!

Hmm.. now, for a few questions.

1. What's your appeal for Sirius? He is a very sought after male and I'm wondering what about him makes him so appealing to you?
2. If you had to save one [i'll allow you two actually] canon character[s] from death by JKR, who would it be and why?
3. And just to stay all morbid, who's death gets your the most depressed? [If so at all? haha. It might be just me]
4. Which HP character do you think you would most get along with and which would drive you up the wall?
5. Does Peter Pettigrew make you seethe with anger like me?
6. What would your wand be made out of? Or what would you like it to be made out of?
7. What twist in the HP books did you totally not see coming?
8. What ship makes you shudder to think about?
9. On a scale of 1-10, how hot do you rate Sirius Black? Posted Image
10. Did it take you a while to think up the OC names in your story/how did you decide on them?

I think that will be all for now. I don't want to totally overwhelm you!

erin.

Posted Image

Against All Odds [M] |Sig by Mistress [12+] @ TDA

I go by erin

#7 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

I'd just like to say in response to your review that in no way is your story going to put me off by going through to the end of the seventh year. In fact, I smiled just thinking about it. I love it when authors do that. And congrats for sticking with it and developing it like that! I really applaud it!

Hmm.. now, for a few questions.

1. What's your appeal for Sirius? He is a very sought after male and I'm wondering what about him makes him so appealing to you?
2. If you had to save one [i'll allow you two actually] canon character[s] from death by JKR, who would it be and why?
3. And just to stay all morbid, who's death gets your the most depressed? [If so at all? haha. It might be just me]
4. Which HP character do you think you would most get along with and which would drive you up the wall?
5. Does Peter Pettigrew make you seethe with anger like me?
6. What would your wand be made out of? Or what would you like it to be made out of?
7. What twist in the HP books did you totally not see coming?
8. What ship makes you shudder to think about?
9. On a scale of 1-10, how hot do you rate Sirius Black? Posted Image
10. Did it take you a while to think up the OC names in your story/how did you decide on them?

I think that will be all for now. I don't want to totally overwhelm you!

erin.

Ah, Erin, you really are a girl after my own heart! Thanks for this - I'll see if I can respond without rambling too much!

1. Sirius. Well ... hard to say, really. I just find him an extremely sexy character - something to do with the reckless abandon with which he approaches life, I think. And the flying motorcycle - how cool is that?? And then his life really went down the crapper so I thought I'd try to give him a bit of happiness first. Of course, JKR doesn't give us an outlet for that so I created Laura.

2. Saving from death .... I admit that when I was reading Order of the Phoenix for the first time I was sitting there on the ratty couch in our rented flat - and my husband will attest to this - saying, "I don't care who she kills off so long as it's not Sirius." Having said that, however, I'd say James and Lily. It takes the whole story away of course but imagine how great Harry's life would have been surrounded by them, Sirius and Remus! (I'm not including Peter because if James and Lily survived, I'm assuming Voldemort would have killed him for not being of more use.)

3. Sirius. Closely followed by Dobby. Those were the two I cried most about. I still skip those chapters when I re-read the books. (Yep, sad, I know, but hey! I'm not trying to impress anyone here ...)

4. You know, I'm of an age where there are bugger all characters who were born at about the same time I was - I've got the elder two Weasleys and Tonks who would have been in my age group. That's not to say I don't think I'd get along with them - all three of them are a scream - but I feel strapped for options. Of all characters ... I really don't know. I think Ron would be a great best mate, I adore the Marauders (because of course you haven't guessed that - lol) but I'm not sure they'd adore me. Can I take a raincheck on that question? Because I really don't know.

As for driving me up the wall, well Snape has to be right up there, and so does Slughorn but for different reasons. And Trelawney, obviously. It's hard to say though because a lot of the characters aren't really developed enough for me to form a solid conclusion, and we're seeing them through Harry's eyes which is of course a subjective POV, so who annoys Harry is who annoys us. Another raincheck, please!

5. Yes. Definitely.

Though if you want to get into his shoes, I really recommend reading the first chapter of At the Funeral by odyssey (on this site, of course), which is a series of one-shots about James and Lily's funerals .. the first one is Peter's POV. It doesn't make me like him any more but it does help me understand him.

6. Willow, I think. I'd love a unicorn hair core but it would probably be something like dragon heartstrings, just to annoy me because the very thought of those gives me the creeps. Posted Image

7. Definitely the Shrieking Shack scene in book 3. I adore that scene and read it over and over. The Snape loves Lily thing I had guessed, and I'd read some forums where people had speculated about them being childhood friends so that didn't surprise me. The Deathly Hallows thing we didn't have enough buildup for. Probably the only thing that comes even close to the Shrieking Shack scene is Snape killing Dumbledore - I didnt' see that one coming either.

8. There are a few, mostly character-I-think-of-as-an-adult with character-I-think-of-as-a-child. Snape/Luna, for example. And because I'm a canon freak, Regulus/Tonks give me the absolute creeps because he died when she was about 4 years old. Ugh!

9. 10. No question. Posted Image

10. Hmm - most of them had a few name changes. Laura was originally Hannah, but that really didn't work for me as well. I fiddled around with a few names before I settled on that one. I wanted something classic and ageless and also something that couldn't easily be shortened - I don't know why that is, but it felt important to me at the time. Martha started out life as Sarah, but then just about every fanfic I read for a while had a Sarah in it so she went through a few names as well before I decided on Martha. And Charlotte was originally Donna, but the Italian background didn't work for me there so that got changed. I chose Charlotte as a name because it didn't end with y or a, and just about all the other names I had did so I wanted a change. Beatrice only ever had one name, which I picked from the list of current royals. Mary of course is canon.

As for the minor OCs, well I made a list of old-fashioned, floral or Latin/historical names and just chose them at random, unless I found a meaning or something that really fit. Charon Avery, for example - Avery is canon but we don't have a first name for him, so like I said I chose the boatman on the river Styx. Irving Mulciber got his name from Holocaust denier David Irving. And Scylla Pritchard is named after a female monster from Greek mythology who menaced passing sailors. I loved that name. Posted Image

Okay, that's it! And don't worry, you didn't overwhelm me at all. I'm just feeling particularly loved right now, which can never be a bad thing! Posted Image

thanks for dropping by, I do appreciate it.

YotSsigHobbit.png

#8 nire

nire

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

Back again! Posted Image

1. What would you smell if you came across Amortentia?
2. How does it feel to have a DOBBY!?!!?!?
3. Why did you decide to use that particular quote in your summary?
4. Where does your inspiration for writing come from?
5. Had you already written a lot before you signed up here and posted? And are you ahead in your writing at the moment?
6. Does your family know about your ff? If so, what do they say about it? [Mine think I'm a little weird haha!]
7. Who do you reckon would play an awesome 17yr old Sirius Black?
8. Do you get annoyed when you see Dan so short and with blue eyes in the films? I get riled up occasionally. I wish they made him wear green contacts!
9. Do you have any other plans for stories after you finish this one?
10. What are some of your favourite stories on the site?

Another truck load of questions! Posted Image
erin.

Oh I thought of one last one. It's more of an extension of question 7.

7.5. Who would play your main cast if it was made into a film?

Edited by nire, 17 September 2009 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

Against All Odds [M] |Sig by Mistress [12+] @ TDA

I go by erin

#9 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

Back again! Posted Image

1. What would you smell if you came across Amortentia?
2. How does it feel to have a DOBBY!?!!?!?
3. Why did you decide to use that particular quote in your summary?
4. Where does your inspiration for writing come from?
5. Had you already written a lot before you signed up here and posted? And are you ahead in your writing at the moment?
6. Does your family know about your ff? If so, what do they say about it? [Mine think I'm a little weird haha!]
7. Who do you reckon would play an awesome 17yr old Sirius Black?
8. Do you get annoyed when you see Dan so short and with blue eyes in the films? I get riled up occasionally. I wish they made him wear green contacts!
9. Do you have any other plans for stories after you finish this one?
10. What are some of your favourite stories on the site?

Another truck load of questions! Posted Image
erin.

Oh I thought of one last one. It's more of an extension of question 7.

Hi again Erin! Thanks for coming back and asking more questions! I'm so chuffed. And I thought I'd do this now while I have some time ...

Okay, your questions.

1. Hmm - these will be mostly food things I think. Peppermint. Roast chicken. And (don't think I'm weird because of this) the smell of garlic frying up. I just adore that smell.

2. AMAZING!!!! To see my name (okay, my pseudonym) up there with the likes of timeturner and girldetective85 is ... well ... Posted Image Not to mention totally humbling as well - there are so many stories out there that are so great and to think that mine, which is my first fanfic story, is so highly thought of - words just don't really describe it. Posted Image Though, as I said in a review response, I have been dancing around the house all morning!

3. You know, that wasn't my original summary! I changed it after ch 8 got up. But I'm rubbish at summaries generally (which you may have noticed from my chapter summaries - ugh!) so I thought a quote was a good way around that, and that's such a great scene. Besides, it's something that might induce me to read the story if I was browsing.

4. Good question. I've been writing for years. My first story that I recall was written when I was about 5 so that's more than 30 years ago now. But I've only been writing seriously for two or three years now. I think I needed a creative outlet after I had my children and I just kinda went back into it because it's something you can do while you're looking after them (to a point). And then I was reading some fanfic and got the idea for HTM and I just started writing that one. I will say that it's the most developed story I've written so I'm pretty proud of it.

5. Almost all of it! It's had some revisions since then but I'd written at least 9/10 of the story before I posted. And then I went around to the different sites and signed up at most of them and had a good look around and decided on this one. And then, I started to post chapter 1 when I realised that the story didn't have a title! How bad is that? The chapters did, but the overall story didn't. So I went with the first one I thought of which is totally lame but seems to have stuck now. The story is a WIP though as I go through and change things to make it flow more smoothly, and just the other day I moved a bunch of chapter breaks so that it fit better. The only things I'm stuck on now are the graduation speeches - those are such a drag to write!!

6. Yes and no. I've written long stories before- not as long as this but still novella/novel length - but while people know about those they don't know what my author name is. I've got some short stories in fan fic up on another site under another name. And my family and friends know about those. Most of them aren't all that interested in reading them but I have told them. The longer stories, however, are more involved and more personal and I don't want people I know going through and looking for themselves in them, so while they know I write novels they haven't read them.

And they don't know this current novel is a fan fic. I haven't told them that one. Which means I can't share my excitement about the Dobby either ... damn! Posted Image

As to what they say, I think it's all in the way you tell them. I've been putting original fiction on line for yonks and you do get some feedback, but let's face it, when people want to read original fiction they go to the bookshop or the library, so they can read something they know is good enough to be published. They don't look on line. So you don't get much in the way of feedback as to how you're doing. With fanfic, on the other hand, people can ONLY look on line so looking at it realistically you have a greater potential audience. And therefore, more feedback. I've got over 250 reviews for my story and now a Dobby so that gives me a good picture of what my writing is like. So, what you say to people when you tell them you write fanfic is that it's a really good forum for getting peer review and finding out how good your writing is, and how you can improve. A lot of the people on this site are published authors so they know what they're talking about. It's almost guaranteed feedback and that's awesome. (And besides, if you have a great story idea but set it in a world someone else has created, well as long as you give them the necessary credit, why would that make your story any less good?)

7. Ooh, difficult question. I like the young Gary Oldman (as seen in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead) as a young Sirius but of course that's not possible without time travel. I think however that I'm not a good person to ask because I don't really look at young actors like that any more - I'm old enough to be their mother which puts a bit of a dampener on things. I might have to do some trawling through IMDB and get back to you on that one.

8. Yes and no. They didn't know how tall he would become when they cast him so it's hard to criticise them on that. As for the eyes, apparently they did try giving him green contacts originally but they irritated his eyes. I would have preferred they adjusted them digitally on the final releases though.

9. Fanfic, no. Original fiction, yes. I have another novel idea that's in its infancy that I'll flesh out a bit when I have some time. However, as far as fanfic goes, I have written a number of scenes from HTM from other people's perspectives (mostly Sirius but not all of them), mostly to get my characterisation right, and if I get in the right mood I might consider posting them as a series of one-shots once the story is all up. They'd need some tidying up but it could be done.

10. Another difficult question! Posted Image I don't read a lot of them, though I have been doing reviews lately so I've come across some good ones. I still love Odyssey's At the Funeral, which I think is brilliant, and I liked Not Fade Away by Noblevyne, but she never finished it. There are some good fun Marauder stories that are good to read (eg What it is to Burn by Snitchsnatcher or Pretty Girl by Radcliffe_PotterFan319) but don't quite get there as far as canon goes so they leave me a little unsatisfied. Trouble is that I'm super fussy about what I read so I can be hard to please.

7.5 Oh, casting questions are a nightmare! I really need to check up on young British actors to see who I would like as my main characters. I really think I'm going to have to get back to you on that one because I'm just not in that mindset to look at young actors like that. Though I will say that when I first saw the promo shots for Twilight I thought that Kristen Stewart (or whatever her name is) would have made a good Laura. I'm not sure about that still, maybe because I've seen them so many times now, but that was my reaction then.

Thanks again for the great questions! They have been quite thought-provoking (though in a good way) Posted Image

YotSsigHobbit.png

#10 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

Hi again! Well I have FINALLY managed to work out a basic cast list for my fic. Though I'm always open for suggestions! :p

All links in this post are 12+ (except for the link to my fic, in my sig, which as always is Mature).

Okeydoke, here goes ...

Laura: I like the idea of Carey Mulligan playing Laura, especially if she's done up like she was as Sally Sparrow in Dr Who (Blink).
Sirius: Choice of 2 here: Ben Barnes (another site here) or Jim Sturgess (another site here)

Mary: Anna Popplewell
Lily: Karen Gillan
Martha: Sophie Adams
Charlotte: Larissa Wilson

James: Tom Sturridge (he would need glasses, of course).
*As an aside, I actually think that Hugh Jackman would make an AWESOME older James ... if he ever got to be that old, that is. :(
Remus: Andrew Garfield
Peter: Russell Tovey

I don't know how these people go with heights and all but they seemed to fit my mental images reasonably well.

SO sorry this took so long! :)

(And now, wait for everyone to say, "No, that's not how I imagined them at all!!")

Edited by stargazer, 19 October 2009 - 04:08 AM.
please remember not to double post. you can use the edit/delete topic have things edited into your last post :)

YotSsigHobbit.png

#11 chillychick95

chillychick95

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:22 PM

Funnily enough, that's pretty much how I pictured them all. Laura was almost scarily accuarate.

Now to the questions!
1- What do you think makes your story appeal to readers?
2-If you could date any HP Character which would it be?
3-If you could live in any fantasty realm (Lotr etc) which would it be?
4-If you could be any of the characters in your story which would you be?
5-Are you planning another story after HtTaM?

Posted Image
Imgcreditto.ducky@tda
Your reviewer gushing and praising? Want real reviews?12+ || Don't click.

#12 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:57 AM

Hi there! thanks for the questions! Posted Image

First of all, before I start, I'd just like to apologise to stargazer - I definitely didn't mean to double-post before, and in fact I didn't even realise I'd done so until I saw you'd edited my post. So my deepest and profoundest apologies for that!

Okay ...

Funnily enough, that's pretty much how I pictured them all. Laura was almost scarily accuarate.

Wow, that's amazing. My minimalist descriptions must have actually worked! I'm astonished. Posted Image

1- What do you think makes your story appeal to readers?

Great question! Because I never thought it would end up having the appeal that it apparently has. The whole thing makes me so happy. But if I have to say something, maybe it's just the fact that I couldn't find a story that fit within canon that I was happy with, so I wrote it instead. It's the story I wanted to read. So maybe other people out there wanted to read it too.

2-If you could date any HP Character which would it be?

Ah, well, I'd have to say Sirius, wouldn't I? Though I'm not sure that I'd be his type - I'm not nearly enough like Laura hahaha. More realistically, though, I'm in the age bracket for the elder 2 Weasleys and Tonks so I really should find someone from that era. Maybe, if I go for a younger man, Oliver Wood? Posted Image

3-If you could live in any fantasty realm (Lotr etc) which would it be?

Ooh, can I change my gender? Because I definitely wouldn't want to be a woman in LotR. I've grown rather fond of things like antibiotics and, well, tampons. From that (admittedly practical) perspective I'd probably opt for the HP universe because at least some of the mod cons have made it through, and those that haven't have magical equivalents. However, if I could be a man, then part of me really wants to be Aragorn. Sad, I know, but it's there.

4-If you could be any of the characters in your story which would you be?

I kind of like Martha, but considering I have a thing for Sirius (yes, I know, a crush on a fictional character - very sad) I'd have to choose Laura. Posted Image

5-Are you planning another story after HtTaM?

I'm sorry to say that the next novel I'm planning is an original fiction one, so I'll be loading that one up elsewhere online (and probably under yet another name - I like to keep my work separated in little compartments). I've written a number of one-shots from the HTM story, mostly from Sirius' perspective, which are scenes that were either off-page, deleted or just from another POV to make sure I get the characterisation right, that I will probably load up as a series of one-shots once HTM is all on the site, but I haven't been hit with any inspiration for another HP universe story yet. I won't say it won't happen, but it's not happened yet.

Hope that answers your questions! Posted Image

YotSsigHobbit.png

#13 butterbeergal

butterbeergal

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Hi again! Well I have FINALLY managed to work out a basic cast list for my fic. Though I'm always open for suggestions! Posted Image

All links in this post are 12+ (except for the link to my fic, in my sig, which as always is Mature).

Okeydoke, here goes ...

Laura: I like the idea of Carey Mulligan playing Laura, especially if she's done up like she was as Sally Sparrow in Dr Who (Blink).
Sirius: Choice of 2 here: Ben Barnes (another site here) or Jim Sturgess (another site here)

Mary: Anna Popplewell
Lily: Karen Gillan
Martha: Sophie Adams
Charlotte: Larissa Wilson

James: Tom Sturridge (he would need glasses, of course).
*As an aside, I actually think that Hugh Jackman would make an AWESOME older James ... if he ever got to be that old, that is. Posted Image
Remus: Andrew Garfield
Peter: Russell Tovey

I don't know how these people go with heights and all but they seemed to fit my mental images reasonably well.

SO sorry this took so long! Posted Image

(And now, wait for everyone to say, "No, that's not how I imagined them at all!!")

OMG! I just had to say this: Ben Barnes is soooooooooooooooo Sirius!!! Posted Image And Tom Sturridge is so James Potter, too. Gah. They're gorgeous!!!

I'm a big fan of HTM, in case you haven't noticed by now ;) I rarely review stories diligently - it's usually just once every 3 or 4 chapters - but I just can't help it with HTM! Definitely a big Laurius supporter. :D

Posted Image

Pufftastic set by Violet Gryffindor | butterbeer gif by Soreceress Rin@PB (i think XD)

#14 melian

melian

Fifth Year

• Prefect
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

OMG! I just had to say this: Ben Barnes is soooooooooooooooo Sirius!!! Posted Image And Tom Sturridge is so James Potter, too. Gah. They're gorgeous!!!

I'm a big fan of HTM, in case you haven't noticed by now ;) I rarely review stories diligently - it's usually just once every 3 or 4 chapters - but I just can't help it with HTM! Definitely a big Laurius supporter. :D

Wow, that's two people who agree with me! That's amazing. I've been told though that Ben Barnes is now too old to play Sirius so it's back to the drawing board. And then someone made a clip based on my fic on notallowed that cast Tom Sturridge as Sirius and Emily Browning as Laura and that worked, too, so really I'm open to all ideas here.

And I'm really flattered that you're reviewing my story so much if you don't often do that, it's a great compliment so thank you! *beams* And yeah, go Laurius! (Even if I do say so myself ...)

thanks again :D

YotSsigHobbit.png

#15 pennyardelle

pennyardelle

The Eloquent Bard

• Prefect
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:59 AM

Mel, I've been reviewing your story for far too long to have never made a visit here. :)

• Who is your least favourite Marauders-Era canon character, and why? Most favourite? (Besides Sirius, of course. :p)
  • Was there a certain story that you read on the site that inspired you to start writing your own, or just the general experience of reading a bunch of different ones?
  • What was going through your mind as Dobby nominations and voting were going on (before you actually won)?
  • Are there any ideas for other fan fictions floating around in the back of your mind, begging to be written? If not (which I think may be the case), pretend you had to sit down right this instant and start writing a new one: what would it be about?
  • Once How to tame a Marauder is finished and its accompanying one-shots are posted, what will become of your HPFF life? Will you stick around, or consider your mission finished and say goodbye? (Hopefully not the latter!)
Take your time in answering! :)

Edited by pennyardelle, 19 April 2010 - 04:59 AM.

set by justonemorefic @ TDA
Posted Image

{those who have thrice defied him}
^author page (OotP, US ed., 841)^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users