#1 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hello, I'm lllb. :)

I have 30+ stories up on the archives. Almost all are one shots, with a smattering of semi-abandoned WIPs. ;) Here (12+) is the link to my author page. My best work tends to be closer to the top.

If you have any questions, this is the place ask.

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 04 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

260wzs2.png 1r9ime.png fazx8y.png

hpff / mta / icons by musicbox at TDA

#2 cedriclover

cedriclover

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:29 AM

hey there!

here are a few random questions for you...!

what is your favorite ship?

who is your favorite character?

who is your favorite author on the archive?

what is your favorite story of yours that you have written?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
images credit to canta_loupe @ tda!
my stories (12+) need a beta? PM me
know as confusedlover on HPFF

#3 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

what is your favorite ship?

who is your favorite character?

who is your favorite author on the archive?

what is your favorite story of yours that you have written?

I don't have an exact favorite ship, but I'm very fond of Luna/Rolf. I also like reading about ships that are known, and canon, but rarely discussed, like Merope/Tom and Eileen/Tobias, to name a few.

My favorite characters are Luna and Bellatrix (hence the penname).
I love Luna because of how she sees the world in such an honest way. I love how she never judges people, and always stands up for her beliefs.
I'm not exactly sure why I like Bella... I think her evilness is very enjoyable. She's also always intrigued me, because most of her is such a mystery.

Hmmm... I'm going to have to say gryffindorseeker for my favorite author. She's hysterical, and I love her stories, which are extremely well-written. She also replies to all my reviews right away, which
I like.

I don't have a real favorite story that I've written (and you must understand I have over twenty stories going at a time, they're just not all validated and finished).
I'd say that I really like my Ginny story, Ginny's First Days: A Snapshot in the Life of the Weasley Family. As for the ones not validated, my Luna/Rolf short story and my Rowena/Salazar one shot are among my faves. I think that all three reflect my best writing, and also challenge me.

Thanks for being the first to post on my Meet the Author! yahoo.gif

#4 harrylilyjames

harrylilyjames

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Wow we have the same name! Well mine is Sarah Louise, but still, we share the same first name!! =) and now onto the questions...

Where do you get your inspiration from?

How long have you been writing for?

Do you write original work? If so, would you ever consider getting it published?

Is there any fanfics on HPFF that have made you cry?

Which Harry Potter is your fav, and why?

What genres do you like reading/writing?

Cheers smile.gif

lovely sig by Evanlyn and Av by me
Posted Image
My Stories [12+ - M] // My MTA Page // Want a Review?
gallery is HERE[12+]

#5 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

Where do you get your inspiration from?

I get my inspiration from a variety of places. Often I'm re-reading the HP books or reading a really nicely written fanfic and I say "I could write a story with that character too!" or something like that. I'm also in the middle of writing one about a group of friends, which is practically based on my own experiences.

How long have you been writing for?

HP fanfics: not too long, I started less than a year ago. I began writing little short story/one-shots a few years ago.

Do you write original work? If so, would you ever consider getting it published?

Like I said, I've written some little things, but as of now I'm really only writing HP fanfiction. However, if I did write a nicely sized original fic, I would definitely consider getting it published. It would be my dream come true!!!

Is there any fanfics on HPFF that have made you cry?

Hmm, I don't believe so, but I haven't been a member for a large amount of time so I haven't read a lot. I've laughed out loud numerous times, though.

Which Harry Potter is your fav, and why?

Book 5 was really always my favorite, you really get a great look at Harry and finally get to see how he's going to have to face off with Voldemort. I also loved his first romance.

What genres do you like reading/writing?

I love reading comedy, it really brightens up my day. Unfortunately, I can't write it at all, and usually write little, fluffy stuff. I'm trying to move on from all that, though, I'm beginning to move on to romance.

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

#6 Alopex

Alopex

Doctor of Forumology

• 2,725 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:30 AM

Hello there. I'm not a member of the archive, and since you don't allow anonymous reviews, I am here to leave my review for Essential.

One thing that really stuck out to me is that you claim Bellatrix is three years old in this chapter. Now, I'll admit I don't have a lot of experience with 3-year-olds, but she seemed extremely mature and well-spoken for three. I don't care how "royal" her family is or how brilliant she may be, it seems very unlikely to me that a child that age would be thinking, "These gloves aren't essential today." For the most part, her dialogue seemed more in keeping with her young age, but the difference between that and what she would appear to be thinking was a little jarring.

Although her mother seemed a little unbalanced (she became unusually upset at the idea of a king and peasant marrying), on the whole, I do believe you did a great job of showing how Bellatrix came to be who she was. The indoctrination from an early age, witnessing her mother and other family members doing rude things to non-Purebloods and saying nasty things . . . of course it happened. I also liked the way you described how her personality was so strong even as a young child. I was struck by your description of her childish beauty, since I always imagined her as a pretty child myself. On the whole, I think you have a good grasp of her character, and this story is off to a promising start.

avatar by avalanche | signature by ramenclaw

b9c0zq.jpg

Author Page (12+)

#7 JohnnyPickAlot

JohnnyPickAlot

First Year

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

Heya. Here's a few questions for you smile.gif

So it's obvious that you like Bellatrix's character. [Me too *squee*] What do you find most intriguing about her?

How do you relieve yourself of writers block?

When did you start writing stories of any kind?

Have you ever had the 'perfect' idea for a story, but when you got to the computer/notepad, you forgot it?

mta [12+] | hpff [m] | gallery [12+]

Posted Image

"tread softly because you tread on my dreams..."

#8 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks Alopex! I didn't realize I'd set it to disallow anonymous reviews... I'll go double check that. Thanks also for the insight on her age... that's the kind of stuff I don't find as easily, so I'll go back and look at that too. I'm glad I mostly got her character right... writing evil Death Eaters at an early age poses a few challenges you usually don't see! Thanks for working hard to get this reveiw in!!! biggrin.gif

So it's obvious that you like Bellatrix's character. [Me too *squee*] What do you find most intriguing about her? Well, she's one of the only female Death Eaters, firstly. I feel like the men are all really dark and tough, but Bella is just a totally different kind of evil. She always seems half crazy in the books, and it's fun writing that. To be honest, it's kind of hard to put into words. I love writing her, because most really dark characters I try to write end up OOC, but it feels like you can view Bella from many points. I'm also really interested by her love for Voldemort. She's sort of like a less transformed (all that darkness, and then Horcruxes) version of him. It also doesn't hurt that I like the way Helena Bonham Carter portrayed her in the movies. tongue.gif

How do you relieve yourself of writers block? Well, that's one of my worse habits... I leave it for awhile, but sometimes I forget about the story completely. (Shh! sweat.gif ) I also try to go and write a part of the story later on, when it's more exciting, and sometimes that gets me back in the mood to keep it going.

When did you start writing stories of any kind? There's no specific date... I always enjoyed writing in school. I think I started writing short stories when I was ten-ish? I actually wrote HP fanfiction for a while before I discovered HPFF, starting when I was around 12.

Have you ever had the 'perfect' idea for a story, but when you got to the computer/notepad, you forgot it? I've never forgotten a story, but it seems that many of my "brilliant" ideas are impossible to write, and I end up leaving the idea unwritten. I'll get the idea, rush to the computer, write a couple paragraphs, and say "Why did I want to write this again?" tongue.gif

Thanks for the questions. smile.gif

#9 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Bump for cleanup smile.gif

#10 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Hey!

I love a lot of your stories (Brotherhood, When in Paris, Laugh Your Heart Out...) and I'm here to ask you some questions!

1. You write a mixture of one-shots and novellas/short stories. Which one do you prefer to write?

2. Favourite era to write?

3. Favourite ship?

4. Which HP character would you bring back from the dead?

5. Neville could have been the Chosen One. In your opinion, do you reckon he could have gotten all the horcruxes and vanquished the Dark Lord forever?

:)

#11 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the questions, HarrietHopkirk! Your spontaneous reviews always make my day, and I was so pleased to see you posted in the thread.

1. You write a mixture of one-shots and novellas/short stories. Which one do you prefer to write?

I prefer one shots, but that's also because I'm better at writing them. I have a lot more trouble plotting out longer stories, but I still enjoy them because they allow characters to get so much more in-depth. I'm trying to slowly inch my way up to writing longer stories, by writing (and, more importantly, completing) short stories. But when I get tired of them I always run back to easy, comfortable one shots.

2. Favourite era to write?

I like Pre-Hogwarts and Next Gen the most because they leave so much to the imagination. We know so little about those in-between characters from the Pre-Hogwarts era (Kingsley, Umbridge, Bellatrix...) and virtually nothing about the Next Gen kids, I like to let my plot bunnies loose on them. But I enjoy writing minor characters from any era.

3. Favourite ship?

I don't exactly have a favorite ship... I don't exclusively read romances, so I don't follow any big ships. Anything well written is fine for me, and I've enjoyed canon and AU ships as well. Minor characters are even better.

4. Which HP character would you bring back from the dead?

Bellatrix. Hands down. Yes, she's evil and twisted, but I'd still bring her back just for the enjoyment of her character. She's my favorite by far, as you can see from my penname (Luna's sunk a bit on my list since I joined the site) and I just enjoy reading and writing Bella so much.I have so many plot bunnies for her, it's all I can do not to post them all straightaway.

5. Neville could have been the Chosen One. In your opinion, do you reckon he could have gotten all the Horcruxes and vanquished the Dark Lord forever?

You know, maybe. Neville ended up being quite brave, and really grew up in the later books, most prominently DH. I think he would gotten off to a later start than Harry, and taken some more time in getting the job done, but I do have faith in the kid. I think that he would've needed a stronger support system, though. Harry had Ron and Hermione,but Neville was more of a floater. Perhaps if he enlisted Luna's help, and maybe even Harry himself... Anything's possible, right?

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 07 May 2010 - 11:31 PM.

#12 aiedailweasley

aiedailweasley

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hi there!
I've been reading through your stories on the archive and you obviously have quite a collection :) Since they're all different eras/genres, I was wondering what you thought would be the
definition of the perfect piece of fan fiction.

what, to you, makes a story complete, and makes you just happy to read it? what do you look for in a story to define it as "good"? Are you a fan of subtle humor/dramatic goofballiness? If you could tell someone, in other words, what would be your favorite story and just how they could write it, what would you say?

I know these are strange questions but I just wanted your opinion since you've written such a variety of works!

Posted Image

merlin is running towards my newly posted scorose: invictus.{m}

my stories are rated {twelve-plus to m} | icon: phoenixalthor @ tda

#13 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Wow, I completely missed your post, aiedail! Sorry about that. I suppose I'll have to make this a watched topic in the future... :whistling:

Hmm, the perfect piece of fan fiction, huh? Well, one thing I look for at hpff is flow. When you pick up a published book, it always flows nicely and is easy to read. The action, the dialogue, everything is very smooth. There may be boring parts or dramatic parts, but you rarely find choppy writing in a physical book. On hpff, however, there are no rejection letters or "please edit" emails or anything. So it's a big deal to find a story that flows perfectly, that's hard to break away from because there's no point in the book that makes you look away. Flow probably falls in the "happy to read" part of your question. ;)

A solidly good story takes a little more than flow. It has to have an impressive, memorable cast of characters. Anyone can throw a Hogwarts student on the page, give them a few flaws and a witty friend, and call it quits. But the character drives the story, for me, and I do expect something above and beyond if I'm going to fall in love with it. In the introduction to an Orson Scott Card book, he points out that writing a huge family is a big chunk of work. They can't just blend into the background; each family member needs a single defining trait that the reader remembers them by. In this particular book, there was a violent kid, a motherly one, the eldest, hero-like one, one with metal eyes, and one who blurted out crazy things after long silences. And if you shuffle back to Harry Potter for a second, you'll find the Weasleys are the exact same way: the girl, the best friend, the tricksters, the arrogant one, the dragon one, the Gringotts one.

I feel like I'm regurgitating what everyone else says, though. :sweat: So if I were to tell someone how to write a story, I would say these three things: Make me think of something I've never imagined before. Make me fall in love with all your characters, good and bad and in between. And give me something to think about long after I've turned that last page.

Thanks for dropping by! And sorry for missing this... The Valentine's gifts just keep coming. :D

#14 HarrietHopkirk

HarrietHopkirk

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

I love Sporting Orange. I love Fitz, is he based off anyone? How did you get inspiration for it? Do you need a special setting to be able to write - music? At night? Silence?

#15 agenth

agenth

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi!
I was wondering if you abandoned "Brotherhood"?

I really like the dynamics of the Slytherin team and sharon, as an OC.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Go Gryffies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users