• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

P.Da$hy, with a PhD in Slytherin Sass

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:14 AM

Here's my MTA page, feel free to ask me whatever you like!

I have Four multi chaptered fics, three of which are completed and one that is taking me forever to write. I write a lot of Snape stories and my favorite ship is Snape/Lily.

My newest story is Resuscitate Me, a Rose/Scorpius one shot.

Here is a link to my stories page Link! 12+

I don't get to write very much anymore as I am busy validating quite a bit, but your interest in my stories helps me get motivated

Edited by LovlyRita, 30 September 2010 - 03:51 PM.

UVu2dYF.png
GORGEOUS set by the AMAZING thatguy. at TDA!!!!  
*Read My Stories (12+)* *HPPC*
Selene is my favorite Slytherin. All hail Selene the Quiet One!

#2 random.thoughts

random.thoughts

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Hey Ash!

Ok, so I would love to ask you some questions on all of your fics, but seeing in how I have only read one of them, I'll stick to that.

What was your inspiration for writing Cinders? Did you plan it all out ahead of time? And that ending, your last paragraph seems to almost make it seem like you could create another fic out of it! Do you plan too, or was that just to make it more interesting?

And some overall questions. Out of all your fics, which one are you most/least proud of? Do you find it hard to continue writing some of of the novella type fics ever, or have they come easy to you? Are there any authors on the site you really enjoy reading, or admire?

Thanks Ash! You are the coolest head of house ever!
Chloe

Posted Image

Go Slytherin.
Bridget Wickham on PW.

#3 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

Awww yay! Thanks for coming to my thread, I don't feel so lonely anymore!

Question 1: My inspiration for writing Cinders...you know, I can't really remember writing Cinders...lol! My favorite story at the time was a Draco/Hermione action story, and I guess I wanted to write one of my own. Sadly, it isn't up anymore but it was great. Believe it or not, I didn't plan it out at all. I don't plan my stories, they just happen. So to say I was going to try and make it Percy/Hermione, I don't even remember coming up with that. Cinders is really one of my favorite stories..and one of my least read stories.

I also wanted to say that I had originally intended to make the story a Dramione, but I couldn't figure out a good way to do it and I didn't want to make Hermione a cheat. It's also when I first started writing, so you see my overuse of the name "Mione" (which I detest...lol)

Honestly, I don't think I ever planned to make a sequel, I just wanted the ending to be creepy. Maybe if enough people had shown interest in it, but it's very dated now. I like things to stay canon, and now it's AU so...I don't know. I am not sure how i could build a good story around a non canon character, you know what I mean? And that friend is my downfall...I can never find inspiration outside of fan fiction.

Out of all my fics...I'm proud of the ones that are artsy and least conventional. "Away From Me" is my only attempt at Dramione, and I love that story. It takes place when they are in their sixties. I love the story of "Imprudence": the illicit affair between Lily and Severus and a steamy beach romance, and maybe one of my favorites is "The End" a story about "The killer" who killed all the death eaters after the war to avenge the deaths of Harry and Hermione...the killer is never named (but you can probably figure it out!)

I'm embarrassed by my two one-shots called "Muggle Jammies" and "Muggle Jammies 2: Birth of a Hero" because...well...I should never....EVER...write marauder era fiction. I don't understand it. But they're cute and people love the first one. The second one...not so great tongue.gif

I'm horrible at updating novels. I've just updated my second one, "Letters To My Father" after about a 9 month hiatus. My first one, "The Best Disguise For Shame" took me nearly two years to complete (but it's my baby...my very first fanfic!)

As for authors, I absolutely ADORE Timeturner. I actually haven't sat down to read stories in a very long time...it's like I've always got something else going on. Let me check out my favorite author list...oh geez...it's so archaic...lol

Well, Steve34 used to write some great stuff back in the day. DaniDM has a great Snape/OC trilogy that's ridiculously well written. I've been reading Prongslet by Japanime for like 2 years...she's not so great at updating! Accio_brain has only one story called "Innocence Found" but it's great! I read a lot of Snape, I love Snape/OC, Snape/Lily...Snape/anybody, really. I also love macaroni and cheese, a well written Dramione, and anything post hogwarts for either the trio or the Marauders.

I hope that I've answered your questions well!! smile.gif

UVu2dYF.png

#4 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Bump! Don't delete me!!

UVu2dYF.png

#5 alexa_babes

alexa_babes

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hi Rita! *Waves*
I've just finished reading your fic, Forgiveness, and had to admit how much I loved it. I've always had a soft spot for Severus/Lily and this one exploited that so well so the result was me coming here to proclaim that.
Just a couple of questions to answer from me:
1- Have you always loved Severus/Lily or was there something that made you turn to them?

*Paused* I just realised you worte Imprudence as well! I love that one but did not realise. biggrin.gif You are so going on my favourite authors list.

Back on track:
2- Do you view Severus/Lily as a forbidden relationship or do you think it could have worked out?

That's all for now, sorry about the disjointed points made there but great fics.

Alexa_The_First on HPFF

Edited by alexa_babes, 27 May 2009 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A L E X A

Thanks to Twisted Ivy @ LJ for the amazing set!

Morendo 12+ My Author Page

#6 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

hi! you're the first person to visit my page since 2008! *hands out cookies*

1- Have you always loved Severus/Lily or was there something that made you turn to them?

I think there was something about the two of them that always intrigued me. I feel like that, above everyone else, Lily always had a certain level of understanding for him. She was the only person who really was able to read into his soul, to know who Severus Snape truly was. I can't actually remember the moment when I thought *egads! Severus/Lily pwns all other ships!* but I did write Imprudence before DH came out (posted it afterward I believe), so I like to think that I was a SS/Lily shipper before it was cool to be one lol tongue.gif Plus, I hate James Potter, so anything I can do to ruin his life is fine by me. Nevermind he's a fictional character. hehe

2- Do you view Severus/Lily as a forbidden relationship or do you think it could have worked out?

*sighs* Above all else, I cling desperately to canon. *see- HPFF podcast staff chat 8* And so, when I write the two of them, I try to make their relationship fit into the cracks the JK has gloriously left open. The thing is, I honestly believe that Severus was too tortured to love Lily when it counted, and when he realized the truth, it was too late to do anything about it. He was so caught up with his Slytherins and his dark arts, he let the best thing that would ever happen to him slip right through his fingers. So when I write Severus, I keep this tragedy of his life in the back of my mind. Could it have worked out? I think it could have, if Lily had lived. That is to say, if the "perfect" relationship Lily and James had faltered in anyway. I view the events of imprudence as my own personal canon, hehe. But as it stands, because of the fact that Lily married James, she made her choice, and so Severus/Lily is doomed to be viewed as forbidden.

I'm so happy you liked my stories! I promise more are on the way eventually, I'm awful at updating things! I'm getting ready to update one of my stories for the first time in nearly a year.

UVu2dYF.png

#7 stargazer

stargazer

The Sneaky One

• 1,197 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

I have some questions for my head of house :p

-Do you have any upcoming stories planned?
-How do you feel about LTMF (mah favorite story evah) finally ending?
-I should finish reading that shouldn't I?
-What inspired you to write Centrifuge?

you may call me krys. aka: the sneaky snake

DyxHnAh.png TI01gxw.png 6aDuzXq.png

{tda}~{hpff}~{mta} < 12+

icons by littleoddities@lj

#8 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

DANGIt I had this almost all the way written and then I deleted it! booo!

-Do you have any upcoming stories planned?

You know, I always have good ideas for stories or one shots, and they ususally enter my mind and then fly out. I don't have any concrete plans; I should probably finish what I started working on! But usually when I get an idea that's good enough to write, it hits me like a freight train. I had a great idea the other day where I could integrate what I'm learning in school with a story, but I decided to stick it somewhere in Centrifuge. So in conclusion, currently, no no plans.

-How do you feel about LTMF (mah favorite story evah) finally ending?

It was bittersweet. On one hand, I was super excited to finally let the readers see what happened. At one point in time, this story was pretty popular, but out of sight , out of mind, you know? On the other hand, It was really difficult to part with Haiden and my Snape and everyone that I'd taken so many hours to craft. I'm proud of the finished product, and I'm happy that the stress of finishing it was gone (since it took me nearly 2 and a half years to write), but sometimes I miss Haiden a bit!

-I should finish reading that shouldn't I?

Now we both know the answer to that, don't we? YESSSS!!!
(krys edit:yusssss i know D: i will read it soon!
and leave you the biggest review you've ever had
in your entire fanfiction writing life xD)

-What inspired you to write Centrifuge?

You know, I don't remember. I know that I hadn't had a whole lot of exposure to next gen, except through the queue, and I heard that there were a ton of cliches involved with Scorose fics. I thought...I wonder if I would duplicate any of the cliches without ever having read a fic like that? And so I embarked on a mission that steadily became less about scorose and more about the relationships that mold and sculpt our choices as we get older, and how family plays a large part in our lives, even if we don't want them to. You see it with The elder Weasleys, with Ron and Hermione, and with Rose and Scorpius. I've had a great time writing that family dynamic. It's different from anything I've ever written. As to what actually inspired me to write it, I can't really say. I remember around memorial day, in May, sitting on the front porch of my parents house drafting what would eventually become the first chapter, kind of free form writing. I sent it to Eridanus on the off chance that I might have something, and it turned out I did.

Now I'm sitting on chapter 5, it's been partially written for 2 months. I suck at updating!!!!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by my dusty old MTA thread! I really appreciate it...I think maybe people forgot I existed in an author capacity!!! :)

Edited by stargazer, 07 October 2009 - 04:28 AM.

UVu2dYF.png

#9 stargazer

stargazer

The Sneaky One

• 1,197 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

Well hello there. Long time no see :p I'm back after like...a year with some questions. So....

1. Do you have any stories planned/is there anything you are thinking about writing?
2. Is there a certain character that you would like to write about that you haven't yet?
3. Have you ever or have you ever thought about incorporating life experiences into your stories?
4. Has there ever been a plot that you really wanted to write but couldn't?

Hookay I think that's all for now. I'll check in again next year :p

Edited by stargazer, 29 September 2010 - 11:14 PM.

{tda}~{hpff}~{mta} < 12+

#10 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Holy Crap. This old thing isn't just dusty, it's RUSTY!

1. Do you have any stories planned/is there anything you are thinking about writing?
Well, kind of, i guess. I'm really into Rose/Scorpius right now, which I think is funny because I've never actually willingly read Rose/Scorpius for anything other than the story seekers. But I like them. They are fun to write. I'm just trying to update Centrifuge more than once a year! But My most recent thought is a multi chaptered songfic that describes Lily and Severus's relationship in the universe I've created for them. I've got like 5 songs that PERFECTLY represent moments of their life and that's something I'm interested in. I've also got one in which Snape visits Lily's grave about 50% done.

2. Is there a certain character that you would like to write about that you haven't yet?
Ummm.....hmm. That's a difficult question. I think I'd really like to write something centered around the death eaters, something featuring Bellatrix maybe? I've never done that. And as much as I hate anything taking place in the maruaders era, I really like Remus's character and I feel like I might want to try a one shot or something featuring him. Something else I like to do, more increasingly, is aging the trio up to their mid 50's. i don't know why...

3. Have you ever or have you ever thought about incorporating life experiences into your stories?
Actually, the more life that I experience, the more often this is beginning to happen. Especially the health aspect of things. None of my characters are EVER healthy! Someone is always dying of something, or has broken bones or something haha. I've also noticed that my descriptions are increasingly focusing on the body, and what's going on. Instead of saying "his shoulder hurt" I'll say something like "The long thick band of tissue wrapping around his shoulder throbbed painfully" like it's more anatomical. (that's the rotator cuff, by the way). And Rose is usually a healer in the things that I'm writing, so that's usually life experiences drawn in. And actually...

You haven't been to my author page in a while, have you? :p He's Gone, a very short Ginny one shot, was written 2 minutes after my husband stepped out the door to leave me for 4 months for training. So...that entire story IS my life experience that just happened to mirror Ginny's. :)

4. Has there ever been a plot that you really wanted to write but couldn't?
Draco/Hermione. I tried my hand at it one time, tried very hard! And I kind of do have one, a one shot called "away from me." I'm such a canon centered kind of person, everything I write has to fit into canon. You might be screaming HEY!! Snape/Lily?? Hellllooooooo??? There's no where anywhere in canon that says they didn't have elicit affairs...hahahahaha :) Also, LTMF is AU, but it's also very canon in parts, if you think about it. But Dramione...I just can't in any good faith try and write that as canon. But i LOVE to read it :)

Miss Krys, it was a pleasure to hear from you, I hope you are doing well!!

P.S. WHERE THE HECK IS MY FINAL REVIEW ON LTMF???????????????? LOL

Edited by LovlyRita, 30 September 2010 - 04:27 PM.

UVu2dYF.png

#11 stargazer

stargazer

The Sneaky One

• 1,197 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

Ho ho ho look who's here with more questions.

Do you plan to updated Centrifuge?
Ever thought about writing a sequel to LTMF?
What advice would you give someone who wants to write a next-generation story?

{tda}~{hpff}~{mta} < 12+

#12 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

So I saw these a long time ago and then forgot to respond.

1) I've got half of the next chapter done. I suck at updating that story.

2) kinda sorta but I don't think I will. I think that story is alllllllll done :p

3) Try to be as original as possible. But I suck at writing next gen so I wouldn't know :p I've never written it in the strictest, sense, like at Hogwarts. I've only written them older. So...I may not be the best person to ask!

UVu2dYF.png

#13 stargazer

stargazer

The Sneaky One

• 1,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Oh snap I'm back. 

Has anything changed for you over the years like writing style or characters you enjoy writing about?

Have you tried your hand at anything new?

Where do you find the time to write?

How would you encourage someone who hasn't written in a super long time to get back into writing? (aka me obviously lol)

Are you still in love with the pairing of Severus/Lily?

And I know I still owe  you that review and it's coming I promise okay. It's going to be the longest review I have ever left you. You can count on that.

Edited by stargazer, 16 April 2013 - 07:18 PM.

{tda}~{hpff}~{mta} < 12+

#14 LovlyRita

LovlyRita

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Oh my GAWD. Freaking out a little bit right now. It's like old times, I'm hyperventilating!! hahahaha :) I love that in the almost 5 years that this thread has been active, I've had three people ask me questions, but you come back like every single time. Awww <3

Has anything changed for you over the years like writing style or characters you enjoy writing about?

Um, from the beginning I think definitely. It took me a really long time to warm up to next gen, but now I love writing about it. I think now that I've been on the site for so long, my favorite things to write and read are things that feature the core characters as middle aged - elderly. So like, things that HAVE next gen characters in them but really focus on like Harry and Ginny or Ron and Hermione as they deal with getting older and kind of deal with the whole Voldemort thing becoming more legend as the new generation comes in. I love stuff like that.

And I think my writing style has DEFINITELY improved .Those older stories definitely make me cringe. I really think I've matured, not just in the subject matter that I write but my style overall. I really try to include more detailed description and I think my over all approach to writing is different. But I think my original voice is still there. I have to say though, I have a super tough time reading LTMF now. It's just...I don' tknow it's not my style anymore at all, those first couple of chapters I just am like...eeeuuuggghh. hahaha. But we all get that way eventually don't we. 

Oh, the other thing I'm a sucker for now is well done medical issues. I am always writing small things like that, or occasionally talk about the body in such a way where anyone that is reading it is probably going...yep, she's a PT. hahaha :)

Have you tried your hand at anything new?

Well, I'd say that writing about zombies is definitely new and not something that I ever thought I would be doing, but with Brain Activity I've really enjoyed it. And the other thing that I did that I'm still proud of is writing Shattered Glass and is a Bellatrix centered piece. I had always wanted to write her but was scared to, and so I finally sat down one day and just wrote that story, and I'm proud of how crazy she turned out. But other than that, I think I've pretty much kept to myself.

Where do you find the time to write?

Well....currently I don't have a job. *hides* so I have plenty of time to write I just...don't sometimes. I also validate and run HPPC and podcast and do all kinds of crazy kid things so I basically make HPFF and HPPC my job. It kind of takes me away from the monotony of other things and drags me out of real life. So now it isn't too hard. When I was working, I would just allot time to write because I wanted to get chapters out for my followers. Now I have no excuse, I'm just lazy :p

How would you encourage someone who hasn't written in a super long time to get back into writing? (aka me obviously lol)

I'd say, read some stories, see what people are writing about. Or re-read portions of the HP books, or your favorite HP book. That always renews my sense of "ohhh that's right, this is the world that I love to play in!" Sit down and see if you have any ideas. Or read some of your old stuff and remember the passion you used to have for it. That's what I do sometimes. 

Are you still in love with the pairing of Severus/Lily?

Always!! :) I don't always write about it anymore, but it's still my OTP, no matter what anyone says. it's hard for me to write because it always ends in tragedy for me, since I'm such a canon writer most of the time, but I do like to read it quite a lot! 

And seriously, you don't have to review it :) You're off the hook if you want to be. To be perfectly honest with you *I* don't even remember how it ends. So, you know, there's that :)

THANKS KRYS <3 For single handedly keeping my MTA alive since 2009! 

UVu2dYF.png

#15 starryskies55

starryskies55

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hey Ash! Questions for you!

1. You mostly write canon stuff, and things that fit with canon. Why do you do this? For example, even in Brain Activity, there is nothing (that I can tell) that strays from what we actually know.

2. How do you manage to write action so well? Do you watch films, read action? Is it something you find easy or something you need to rewrite a lot to get right, seeing as there is a lot of work in balancing emotions with dialogue and description, as well as making it keep to the right pace and flow smoothly?

3. How hard was it getting under all the different character's skins in Brain Activity, and developing them? Was Hermione easy to write, or hard to get the balance between all the parts of her personality and keep her in canon?

4. What would you never write? Like, for technical reasons- POV or historical problems, or ships you don't like, or just something you think you'd find difficult?

Love you Ashley! <3

[icons by Hobbit' at tda]

uO28uzu_zpsdf66d1b8.png enkZ7t7_zpsc96ebc1a.png JXGS7Tr_zpsee295cee.png

- stories - meet me -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users