• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Penname: lia_2390
Story Title: When the Storm Breaks
Link:
here!
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Mild Language, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme

Genres/Sub-Genres: Drama, AU
Ships: Lucius/Narciss
Word Count: currently 2030 words
Completed: No
Summary/Story Synopsis: Three years after the death of his father, a young man struggles to find his true place in a changing world. Amidst swirling temptations, and the dangerous allure of adventure, he wonders if he can make it out in one piece.

Why You Would Recommend It: This story only has the first chapter up, but already it is captivating and interesting. Lia really shows Lucius in a new light, and her portrayal is both beautiful and heart-wrenching. I guarantee this story is just going to keep getting better and better.

Gorgeous sig. (15+ link) by visenya. @TDA (Beeezie here!):

Posted Image

Emily

HPFF , MTA

#77 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Penname: TheGoldenKneazle
Story Title: Of Words and Weeping (15+)
Rating: 15+
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure, Angst

Word Count: One-shot (5,031 words)
Completed: Yes
Summary: "Only he had enough power to lift her so high she felt she could fly, and let her fall so low she felt smashed to pieces.

How many times has Ron hurt Hermione? More times than she could ever count."
Why I Recommend This Story: I'm a total sucker for a good Ron/Hermione story, and this is one of the best I've ever seen on the archives. And why? Because I think Lottie knows her characters so well, telling their story comes naturally to her. She's put a lot of time and effort into this story, and I know that because it shows. It's a fantastic read!

Penname: TheGoldenKneazle
Story Title: Of Stupidity and Shining (15+)
Rating: 15+
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature
Genre: Fluff, Romance, Angst
Word Count: One-shot (5,609 words)
Summary: "Ron just can't stop seeing how Hermione glows."
Why I Recommend This Story: This is the sequel to the story above, and it's equally as good -- I am totally, totally hooked on these one-shots. :wub: Lottie manages to get into her characters' heads perfectly, and can summarize seven years' worth of a love story better than anyone I've ever read. The characters, the writing, everything -- it's flawless. A must-read!

Edited by TenthWeasleyWriter, 07 June 2012 - 05:29 PM.

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#78 ToujoursPadfoot

ToujoursPadfoot

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

Penname TenthWeasley
Story Title Break Out
Link here (M)
Rating mature
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Genres/Sub-Genres Horror/Dark, Action/Adventure, AU
Ships Ron/Hermione, Arthur/Molly, Bill/Fleur, Harry/Ginny
Word Count 6,732 words so far (3 chapters)
Completed no
Summary/Story Synopsis "Hell is empty, and all the devils are here." - William Shakespeare
An AU Ron/Hermione story.
Why You Would Recommend It It's absolutely amazing. It begins in King's Cross in Deathly Hallows - except that Harry chooses to go 'on' instead of live, and things swiftly get dark after that. Left behind in a world where Voldemort has triumphed and Death Eaters have regained control, there is so much action and suspense - and that's only with three chapters so far! I can't even imagine what's in store. You'll want to root for all of the characters, and you'll be blind-sided by all the twists and turns. I cannot recommend this enough!!

My HPFF (12+)

z8b3EP3.png

Amazing set by TenthWeasley @ TDA

#79 TenthWeasleyWriter

TenthWeasleyWriter

Sixth Year

• Prefect
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Penname: The Misfit
Story Title: Sheer Abandon
Link: Sheer Abandon (M)
Rating: M
Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: Drama, Mystery, Angst
Ships: Other Pairing, OC/OC
Word Count: 8,363 words (4 chapters)
Completed?: No
Story Summary: It has been two weeks, three days, seventeen hours and forty-two minutes since the class of 1945 graduated Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. For Tom Marvolo Riddle and his closest friend Fiona Phoenix, taking their first steps into adulthood is something that neither of them will forget.
Why You Would Recommend It: I searched for a while for the best place to put this recommendation, and this seemed to be the best fit. I read this story on a whim after seeing it in recently added, and it's sucked me in from the first chapter. The Misfit writes extremely quality characters (both original and canon), and the plot of this story's moving along at an excellent pace, while still leaving me rather insatiable for more! Her writing itself is excellent, too -- hardly a letter out of place. It's very much worth the read; I promise that you won't regret it!

yaHCK0O_zps34710904.png 

beautiful set by !badwolf @ TDA

hpff author's page (12+ thru m)

#80 Guest_fauxthefox_Guest

Guest_fauxthefox_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Penname: teh tarik
Story Title: You Can Write the Book
Link: here (M)
Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Genres: Drama, General, Angst. If awesome were a genre, it would also be applicable.
Word Count: 3299
Completed: Yes (it's a oneshot)
Synopsis: This entire story is narrated by Dennis Creevy - it's basically a series of beautiful, beautiful memories of his brother, starting with the moment he got his camera and ending years after his death.
Why You Would Recommend: If you think fanfiction can't make you cry, I challenge you to read this story without being reduced to a pathetic sobbing wretch like I was. This is easily the best story I've ever read on hpff. The author came to my review page with a request, and I had no idea what to say, because the story is just absurdly beautiful. The grammar and spelling may not be flawless, but these are the most human characters I've ever read here. Heartbreaking, touching, captivating, inspiring.

#81 BellaCamille

BellaCamille

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

Penname: JChrissy

Story Title: Before They Fall
Link: here! (M)

Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: Drama, Humor, Romanace
Ships: James/Lily, Sirius/OC, Other Pairing
Word Count: 202,586
Completed: No
Summary/Story Synopsis: Join me on a heart warming and soul splitting journey. Fall in love with Lily and James as they learn to find each other in a world of chaos. Watch as our infamous Marauders prepare to leave their legacy at Hogwarts and step from the gates of safety into the middle of the first wizarding war.
Why You Would Recommend It: I'm only on the first few chapters, but I think that the tone and voice of this story is really strong and unique, as well as well-formed. It is also consistent in its quality in each chapter, which I think is pretty important. I think it is of high caliber writing in general.

Edited by BellaCamille, 19 May 2013 - 05:07 AM.

homecopy_zps7a3d5915.png

oh look! an actual link (M)

<<inspector.(Kelso)^^

#82 ravinamalfoyblack

ravinamalfoyblack

New student

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Penname: milominderbinder

Story Title: Soaring
Linkhttp://www.harrypott...php?psid=327034 (M)

Rating: 10/10

Warnings: Mild language, Strong violence, Substance use or abuse, Sensitive Topic/issue/theme 
Genres/Sub-Genres; Romance, Angst
Ships: Other pairings
Word Count: 2294
Completed: compelted
Summary/Story Synopsis: And I know where you are, Mary. You're not gone, not dead, not buried. You’re just soaring in the skies, chasing after the sun and the moon, sparkling just like you did in life. You always were a star, Mary.  The way I see it, you've just gone home

Why You Would Recommend It: Because it is the first story that i came a cross that left me completely speechless. Honestly this girl not only came up with a creative and original plot line, but her writing style is perfect in my opinion. Seriously this story GET ON IT. 

Edited by hermione006, 02 October 2013 - 02:47 PM.
Unrated Link

RavinaAnjalee (ravinamalfoyblack)

b28b26f9-590e-4c01-9cbe-b0847f151989_zps

#83 patronus_charm

patronus_charm

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

This is the fastest I've gotten through a story with reviewing as well!

Penname Cassius Alcinder
Story Title Behind the Curtain
Link 15+
Rating 15+
Warnings Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse
Genres/Sub-Genres Drama, Mystery, Action/Adventure
Ships Other Pairing 
Word Count 35,152
Completed Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis The year is 1952, and Europe is a tense and dangerous place.  In a shadowy world of spies, betrayal, and shifting alliances, powerful wizards from East and West battle for domination, while a rising dark lord may outwit them all.
Why You Would Recommend It I've still got four more chapters to go but this story really is something I've never come across before on HPFF. The intricacy of the plot is highly admirable and the vivid descriptions of the MI5 headquarters, Moscow and all the other sites are just fantastic. The characterisation really blew me away and I think it was due to the way the author wove in both canon and OC with ease. This story is a fantastic read with clear writing which coveys everything brilliantly!

y7w46TK.png

author page [12+]| mta [12+] | gallery [15+] | the second person pov challenge [12+]

currently writing: chapter 17 of acanthus

#84 milominderbinder

milominderbinder

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Penname: teh tarik
Story Title: Sanguini, The Vampire
Link: here (M)
Rating: M
Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Contains Slash (Same-Sex Pairing), Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: General, Horror/Dark
Ships: Other Pairing (Sanguini/Eldred Worple and kind of Sanguini/Dennis Creevey)
Word Count: 8322
Summary/Story Synopsis: I was once given a name by Eldred Worple, my former lover. Sanguini, he called me. That is not my real name.
Why You Would Recommend: Honestly, this is just one of the best written oneshots I have ever encountered.  It is technically perfect spelling and grammar wise, but more than that, the plot was incredible and original and imaginative, putting a new spin on such a minor character, and the writing style was compelling, almost poetic in places but not too flowery.  It was just one of the most quality stores I have ever read and I highly encourage everyone to check it out!

The Modern Romance Challenge Winners: 1st place: The Enchanted Ground by Lululuna {M}  2nd place: Our Little Secret by The Empress {M} 3rd place: falling away with you by patronus charm {M}

teganandsara_zps63430ba3.png

my TDA gallery {12+} | my hpff page {12+} | Asha Barnett on PW

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

#85 UnluckyStar57

UnluckyStar57

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Penname:  LavenderBlue
Story Title:  Kill Your Darlings

Link:  Indeed! (M)
Rating:  Mature
Warnings:  Strong Language, Strong Violence, Scenes of a Sexual Nature, Substance Use or Abuse, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme

Genres/Sub-Genres:  Drama, Romance
Ships:  Ted Tonks/Andromeda Black, Andromeda Black/Rabastan Lestrange, Lucius/Narcissa
Word Count:  31231 (and counting!)
Completed:  Nope
Summary/Story Synopsis:  Andromeda Black has a perfectly crafted future:  marriage to a respected pureblood, a comfortable socialite life, and top marks at school.  But the Slytherin ambition that has brought Andromeda this far is about to take a turn for a most unexpected goal.  When a mudblooded Hufflepuff turns Andromeda's world upside down, she must ultimately choose between the life she knows and the man she loves.

Why You Would Recommend It:  I would recommend this story for a variety of reasons.  First of all, it's about Ted Tonks and Andromeda Black.  Before I read this story, I never really thought about their relationship and how it might have come about.  The story is an account of how the pair became friends and eventually, lovers, but it is so much more than just a conventional romance.  Andromeda is different from her sisters in that she wants to complete her NEWT year before getting married, but her boyfriend, Rabastan Lestrange, considers her a pet.  She has been brought up believing that people like Ted are below her, commoners and knaves, but as she gets to know him, she begins to see Muggleborns in a different light.  So it's as much about her growth as a person as it is about her love story.  The author, LavenderBlue, is extremely new to HPFF, but she has obviously had tons of experience in the field of writing.  Her characters are all well-developed, the dialogue is witty and fast-paced, and in ten chapters, I found no grammatical errors at all.  It is one of my new favorite stories on the archives, and I think that everyone should check it out! :)

~UnluckyStar57

Author Page (15+)

#86 MissesWeasley123

MissesWeasley123

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Penname: nott theodore
Story Title: The Nightingale's Lament
Link: {click me, Mature}
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Strong Language,  Scenes of a Mild Sexual Nature,Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: Drama, Romance, Angst
Ships: Other Pairing, Harry/Ginny
Word Count: 7149
Completed: Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis: After the Battle of Hogwarts, Vicky Frobisher's life is played to the nightingale's lament.
Why You Would Recommend It: This is one of the best one shots I have ever had the honour to read. nott theodore is a brilliant author. She will play with your emotions, and by the end, you will have either cried or will feel as if there is a huge hole in your heart. There is no way you won't love this story. It is absolutely stunning, and one of a kind. A brilliant piece of work.

Penname: milominderbinder
Story Title: winter, cry.
Link: {click me, Mature}
Warnings: Mild Language, Mild Violence,Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme
Genres/Sub-Genres: General, Angst
Ships: None
Word Count: 6826
Completed: Yes
Summary/Story Synopsis: Irma Pince’s life is a story told in winters.
Why You Would Recommend It: This is sheer perfection. milominderbinder has talent like no other. The way she has written Irma's story is like no other. A whole new light is shed on her life, and this one is a story I will never forget. From the very beginning, one can relate to Irma. There are so many little things that make this piece what it truly is. This is a great read, one that you won't regret clicking on. 

ieJcLLA.png  wPsOfwQ.png  hrxnCfh.png

icons by bloodstream7@lj

I write stuff sometimes. {15+ to M}      

For you, a thousand times over.[12+]

#87 Lululuna

Lululuna

Fourth Year

• Prefect
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

Penname: GingeredTea
Story Title: Devlin Potter: Riddle and Rescue
Link: Mature
Warnings: Strong Language, Strong Violence, Sensitive Topic/Issue/Theme, Contains Spoilers
Genres/Sub-Genres: Drama, Angst, AU
Ships: Harry/OC
Word Count: 148,628
Completed: No
Summary/Story Synopsis: Both Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter live on, and the second wizarding war continues to rage. But when the Dark Lord kidnaps Harry's son, he discovers a boy who looks far less a Potter than a Riddle, raising questions about the parentage of the supposed Muggleborn girl Harry married. Four years later, Harry is reunited with the son he thought was dead and must face the fact that his boy is no longer the Devlin Potter he was born to be.

Why You Would Recommend It: This story is fascinating, haunting, and beautifully written. Each word carries a weight, and each idea has a meaning. The characters are layered and complex, the plot is extremely creative and detailed, and the writing is of a professional quality. :) It's a very brilliant story, and highly recommended.

Camp NaNo: 57,588/60,000. Coming Soon: Sevenfold, a murder mystery.

sevenfoldsig_zps6fec6171.png

Author Page [M]||Amazing set by catharsis at TDA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users