26 replies to this topic

#1 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

So, I was always intrigued by the "Meet the Author" thing that was always on my page on HPFF. . And didn't bother to find out what in merlin's name it was until now. And I guess you could say I'm excited. Positively spiffingly thrilled, actually. That feeling reminds me of the last time I watched a Harry Potter movie...which was about an hour ago tongue.gif

Anyways, back to the wonderful thing that we, in today's brilliant language, call introductions. Hi- I'm Greta- I'm the author of "By Accident" and "Pirates". If you have any questions to ask me, such as how I like my ice-cream, or why in the world i have pieces of t-shirt in my hair...... my non-existant, yet inspiring love-life is also an open subject, as is anything about my 2 stories. Well, what are you waiting for? The Swedish Fish to take over the world? Cause that's not scheduled for another 2 years or so....lol. Anyways....

Ask away tongue.gif

~me

wonderful banner by violet @ tda

pirates-newsig.png

CHAPTER 37 of "PIRATES (15+)" is UP! 

(01-07-2014)

^ click "Pirates" to be directed to my HPFF :D ^

#2 random.thoughts

random.thoughts

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

Well, I'm a huge Dramione fan, and seeing Pirates (and being a fellow Slytherin) I had to check it out! Afterwards, I was not sorry that I did.

Well, I have a couple of questions for you:
1. How did you come up with the plot line for Pirates?
2. The most brilliant parts are the ones with Draco and Hermione, and the sword fighting, are these your favorite things to write as well? If not, what is your favorite part?
3. When are you going to update! xD

Thanks, but be warned I might come ask some more later!

Posted Image

Go Slytherin.
Bridget Wickham on PW.

#3 Rowena's Pride

Rowena's Pride

New student

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

I wanted to know, after the 10th chqapter, what side will Hermione be on? I have my own page on the site, so try to find me if you want to answer! Thanks!
RAVENCLAW

Where the loyal, the brave, the intelligent, and the cunning stay. Where the most courageous, awe-inspiring, invigorating, quick-witted minds share their thoughts.

LONG LIVE RAVENCLAW!!!!

#4 silver_and_gold

silver_and_gold

New student

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

hello! it looks as though i'm following you around everywhere, hehe. anyway, i have a few questions for you.

1. What is your favourite pairing?
2. Who is your favourite character in Pirates? Why?
3. Who is your favourite character in By Accident? Why?
4. Where did you get the inspiration for both stories?

i hope you have the time to answer my questions. until then!

Mrs Zabini :: Link 15+

Posted Image

[Wonderful signature by my awesome signerhotti24!]

Never in fantasy or reality had she imagined that some day,

she would go by the name of Mrs Zabini.

#5 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Ok. So, here we go .

to random.thoughts:

Well, I have a couple of questions for you:
1. How did you come up with the plot line for Pirates?
2. The most brilliant parts are the ones with Draco and Hermione, and the sword fighting, are these your favorite things to write as well? If not, what is your favorite part?
3. When are you going to update! xD

1. Once upon a time, a lonely author was sitting on her rooftop...lol. I actually don't remember, I just wanted to write something original, and different. I kept in mind that people might not like something so abstract, but really! Who knew? As for plot lines...Sometimes I plan chapters out, and sometimes I just sit at the computer and make it up as I go along .
2. YES! Swordfighting, especially choreographing them is fabulous, although, I'm pretty sure that the things in the next couple chapters (that haven't been posted yet) are going to have some of my 'authors moments ' in them. I'm really excited about them .
3. Soon. Since it's a 6 day wait...and and fans love my pirate story the most... I think I'll update Pirates first. I need another 2-3 days to finish. So I guess from today, it will be 8-9 days (unless the queue goes down.) smile.gif

Thanks for asking smile.gif If there is anything else that strikes that noggin of yours...let me know !

To Rowena's Pride

I wanted to know, after the 10th chqapter, what side will Hermione be on? I have my own page on the site, so try to find me if you want to answer! Thanks

Alas, I cannot answer this question until the next chapter is posted smile.gif Maybe the next 2 chapters. I wish I could, but then, where would the fun in that be?

To Silver_and_Gold

1. What is your favourite pairing?
2. Who is your favourite character in Pirates? Why?
3. Who is your favourite character in By Accident? Why?
4. Where did you get the inspiration for both stories?

Ah! My biggest fan and almost borderline stalker....lol. How are you?

As for your questions...

1. My favorite pairing... Well, would it be terribly cliche to say Dramione? lol. I'm all for the enemies hating eachother and trying to kill eachother then falling in love tongue.gif I know, I know... Not reality, but oh well. I'm like one of the people who want the love of their life to come and throw pebbles at their window...and by the time I get the window open, the next pebble hits me in the face.
2. Well, I wish I could say Hermione, and I'm def. in lust with Draco...But my favorite character has to be Thaddius. He was completely unexpected, and I just love the type of character that he is. He's so carefree, and not to mention a charm to write about.
3. Actually, I don't know how to answer this question. I've (for several months now) been contemplating quitting the story, because I just don't enjoy writing it anymore. But if I had to say, it would be my own original character. I've fashioned her after myself a little bit, but sometimes she seems more complex than that. James is also a favorite. I tried to portray him as a dud, but really....he's smart. Just wait and see!
4. Inspiriation...Well, for 'By Accident..' At that time, when I began to write the story, I was a Sirius/OC fanatic! I dreamed about Sirius...Really. lol. Anyway, It just spiraled of from there smile.gif So It really is just another piece of random fanfiction. As for Pirates...I just anted to write something original. Something that I could create, and would have almost no boundaries. Sure, I started out at my computer, freestyling it, but now I'm trying to write things out for the story, so that I get everything in there. Pirates is by far my favorite story to write, and my little sister is hooked ;P So i guess I can't complain.

Thanks so much for asking, I really love answering tongue.gif

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

#6 latinpeace

latinpeace

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:30 AM

Hello bye.gif I just wanted to say that I love both of your stories and that I am thrilled that you are continuing on with By Accident. Out of all of the characters that you write, I have to say that your OC, Ayra, is my favorite. She certainly knows how to keep the Marauders in line (well, most of the time smile.gif ). I really like Blaise in Pirates, though. His character is mysterious and totally different, yet perfectly how Blaise should be. I honestly can't see him any other way than how he is portrayed in your story. I am definately looking forward to the next chapters of both stories, but in the meantime, I might as well ask a few questions.

1) What is your favorite characteristic of Ayra?
2) What did you base the character of Blaise off of (since there wasn't lots of him in canon)?
3) If you were in the land of Fliadopia, which side would you be on and what role would you play?

That's it for now. Thanks for your time! Happy writing! thumbsup.gif
~latinpeace/Pax
*goes off to brainstorm more questions while anxiously awaiting an update or reply*

Edited by latinpeace, 08 August 2008 - 04:30 AM.

#7 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

to latinpeace:

Why hello there! I'm so honored that you like both of the stories. It's really hard to please everyone tongue.gif But if I could throw Johnny Depp into the mix.... ha. NEVER! He's too cool to be in my stories. Anyways, to your questions:

1) What is your favorite characteristic of Ayra?
2) What did you base the character of Blaise off of (since there wasn't lots of him in canon)?
3) If you were in the land of Fliadopia, which side would you be on and what role would you play?

1. Hmmm. Great question! I really like the fact that she's unpredictable. It leaves so many venues open for the story. I've fashioned her after myself (not that I'm being full of it or anything tongue.gif ) quite a bit. Some of those (minus the magic) experiences are actually right out of my life book! As you can tell, I have an interesting life. Too bad Sirius hasn't walked my way yet. *sighs* But yeah. Her unpredictability. It goes a long way.

2. Blaise... I took a pen, drew a stick man, and whala! haha smile.gif Actually, if you just read my story, he's had a makeover, from the pre-revised chapters. As to who I fashioned him after... Well, I usually tend to do research about the canon characters, but I had failed to do so on Blaise. Several months after posting the story, I realized I was completely wrong about him. First off, he's not white, he's ebony. He's very picky about his women. He's one of Draco's very good aquaintences. So I had to re-write his whole character, which, needless to say, wasn't very fun. I think, in all reality, that I fashioned him after Draco, but a more watered-down type. His relationship with Hermione in the story melts the ice a little bit on the subject of Slytherin/Gryffindor 'love'. As will the Minerva/Tom pairing. It's one of the themes that is constantly running through my story. Susan/Blaise... hah! That will be alot of fun! Hufflepuff vs Slytherin... Hmmm. Anyways, that's how I fashioned Blaise. I also have a friend with his characteristics, so I use a little bit of that too. It was really hard to make him a character that seemed cannon, because, like you said, there wasn't alot about him in the books. But I did try tongue.gif

3. Is this a trick question? I actually had to think about this one. Being royalty means hot princes....and being a Pirate means adventure.... Would it hurt to want to be a little bit of both? Well, guess what? I'd go for Pirate. Pirate can masquarade as anything, being pirate means you're sly, not to mention, a good actor. How do you think they learn the tricks of their trade? (At least in my story). Hermione, will be having alot of fun come chapter (maybe, this is an estimate) 15. When you see what she becomes... That's what I'd like to be smile.gif Always with adventure, but I'm afraid I can't hint anymore tongue.gif You might figure it all out! But you are welcome to take a guess!

Well, I guess that's the best that I can do, but really, any more questions, feel free to ask!

~Greta
SoS

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

#8 latinpeace

latinpeace

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

Hello again bye.gif I'm back with more!
QUOTE(singerhotti24 @ Aug 8 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His relationship with Hermione in the story melts the ice a little bit on the subject of Slytherin/Gryffindor 'love'. As will the Minerva/Tom pairing. It's one of the themes that is constantly running through my story. Susan/Blaise... hah! That will be alot of fun! Hufflepuff vs Slytherin... Hmmm.

I just wanted to say that I like all of the interactions between the Hogwarts houses in Pirates. The new "sorting" into pirates and nobles helps to break some of the stereotypes of the different houses (ex. Susan has proved that Hufflepuffs are not all pushovers) and it helps with Slytherin/Gryffindor ships by placing students into groups that they normally wouldn't be with (like Susan, Hermione, and Blaise all in the same crew). As for the Minerva/Tom pairing . . . I think that it is interesting due to the fact that I had never in my wildest dreams even thought of those two together, but it is guaranteed to add a few twists and complicate things a bit. smile.gif
QUOTE(singerhotti24 @ Aug 8 2008, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hermione, will be having alot of fun come chapter (maybe, this is an estimate) 15. When you see what she becomes... That's what I'd like to be. Always with adventure, but I'm afraid I can't hint anymore. You might figure it all out! But you are welcome to take a guess!

So Hermione gets a role to die for (haha tongue.gif that was my very pathetic attempt at humor). What could she be? She has to be able to travel around easily to hunt down the treasure . . . yet she needs to have access to Harry's signet . . . hmmm . . . and Harry needs a queen . . . maybe she could be the leader of native people on an island or the princess of a foreign land: then she could visit Harry, take his signet, and then have enough influence to travel where she wants. It's kind of cliche, but it is my best guess (for now biggrin.gif ). Then again, she could be a sorceress because of her possession of the Dark Transfiguration book that McGonagall wrote. I guess I'll just have to wait for chapter 15 (that's a long time . . . I don't know if I can bear it cry.gif but I guess I must smile.gif ).

Question Time:
1) The main characters of both of your stories have similar personalities: they are both very self-confident, witty, competitive and are out to prove that they can overcome any challenge that they face. Why do you prefer writing this type of character?
2) Which scenes do you prefer writing: the Hermione/Draco swordfighting competitions (I assume that there will be more to come smile.gif ) or the prank competitions and underhandedness of Sirius and Ayra? 3) How do you come up for the treasure clues for Pirates?

I thought you would enjoy this:

whoops.gif

Clearly theory isn't everything . . . which makes me glad that Hermione learned swordplay from Fred and George.

Thanks for your time! Happy writing! thumbsup.gif
~Pax/latinpeace
*continues to brainstorm possibilities for Hermione's new role*

#9 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

What could she be? She has to be able to travel around easily to hunt down the treasure . . . yet she needs to have access to Harry's signet . . . hmmm . . . and Harry needs a queen . . . maybe she could be the leader of native people on an island or the princess of a foreign land: then she could visit Harry, take his signet, and then have enough influence to travel where she wants.

Ah. Great hypothesis tongue.gif I must say, you were on the right track... and then you lost it. Sorry tongue.gif but for all i'll say, it, she won't be queen, or a princess, or a sorceress... and she needs harry's signet... keep thinking tongue.gif You're close (not like it'd tell you anyways. tongue.gif) Lots of love! Now, for your darling questions:

1) The main characters of both of your stories have similar personalities: they are both very self-confident, witty, competitive and are out to prove that they can overcome any challenge that they face. Why do you prefer writing this type of character?

Well, I honestly don't like writing about pushovers, if that's what your talking about tongue.gif I just like to fashion themselves after (not concietedly) myself, and others that i've read about. I've never been for the 'happy pretty flowerey ending' type of thing. I'm all for the angst, action, drama type stuff, and occasionally the steamy romance tongue.gif The letter 'M', I think I'll call one of my chapters. HAHA. Just kidding. I probably won't write anything over 15+. But really, I like writing this type of character, because I really have no parameters when writing them. I only have to follow canon, and other than that, it's all me. It's more fun that way. I immensly dislike writing mushy characters, unless it's just a facade, and they really are whitty, and so on.

2) Which scenes do you prefer writing: the Hermione/Draco swordfighting competitions (I assume that there will be more to come ) or the prank competitions and underhandedness of Sirius and Ayra? 3) How do you come up for the treasure clues for Pirates?

Well, seeing as I really don't wish to continue 'By Accident' but am doing so, becuase I myself, hate abandoned stories and never start what I can't finish, I would have to most definitely say the swordplay. I really get into it tongue.gif I hope I make my readers feel as if they're really there, can actually hear the swords slashing, boots thumping.... ect, and so forth.

3. Treasure clues. Do you really want to know ? I make them up, rhyming in my head (I was a pirate in a play, so it comes natural tongue.gif) and then make the story line follow them as indiscreetly as I can. That answer your question? smile.gif

Any more?

~Greta

[/color]

[color="#006400"]PS. I LOVED the emoticon! It's darling. Where did you get it?

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

#10 latinpeace

latinpeace

New student

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(singerhotti24 @ Aug 11 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I honestly don't like writing about pushovers, if that's what your talking about tongue.gif I just like to fashion themselves after (not concietedly) myself, and others that i've read about. I've never been for the 'happy pretty flowerey ending' type of thing. I'm all for the angst, action, drama type stuff, and occasionally the steamy romance tongue.gif

I love all of the action, too. Stories where characters are pushovers get monotonous and stories where the character is reckless and everything turns out perfectly are unrealistic. I had just realized that Ayra and Hermione were similar and had to say something about it when I wrote that question (I think it was about three in the morning laugh.gif ).

The letter 'M', I think I'll call one of my chapters. HAHA. Just kidding.

biggrin.gif I love the part about the letter 'M' and how Draco makes his mark on Hermione. It just seems like something very in character for Draco to do. I wonder why she kept that scar . . .

I really get into it tongue.gif I hope I make my readers feel as if they're really there, can actually hear the swords slashing, boots thumping.... ect, and so forth.

Trust me when I say that we are definitely there. I feel like Hermione is my alternate universe self and that the swordfighting scenes are really intense to read: I can basically understand what Hermione is thinking and feeling at each point. I even think that I laughed when Hermione died laughing after outsmarting Malfoy and I most definately gasped when Draco stabbed Hermione. I would be surprised if anyone that reads your stories could not get completely immersed in it thumbsup.gif

3. Treasure clues. Do you really want to know ? I make them up, rhyming in my head (I was a pirate in a play, so it comes natural tongue.gif ) and then make the story line follow them as indiscreetly as I can. That answer your question? smile.gif

Yes, it does answer my question. I was just wondering because I find it really difficult to make poetry that follows a meter or rhymes, and yours flows well.

PS. I LOVED the emoticon! It's darling. Where did you get it?

Just click on 'Show All' on top of the emoticon box on the left of the reply box. Then a new window will pop up with all kinds of amazing emoticons.

*gets out new list of questions*

1) Besides HP, what are your favorite books to read?
2) What is your favorite song at the moment?
3) What team are you cheering for at the Olympics?
4) What is your real life occupation (in other words, how do your spend time when you aren't writing fanfiction?)
5) Favorite movies?
6) What is your favorite part of writing fanfiction?

Okay, I'm done. You know by now that I will return. Mwahahahahaha!!! (evil laugh laugh.gif )
Thanks,
Pax

#11 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

1) Besides HP, what are your favorite books to read?
2) What is your favorite song at the moment?
3) What team are you cheering for at the Olympics?
4) What is your real life occupation (in other words, how do your spend time when you aren't writing fanfiction?)
5) Favorite movies?
6) What is your favorite part of writing fanfiction?

1. Actually, I'm reading Breaking Dawn right now (the most recent of the twilight series!!!) and will probably go back to reading it when I'm done with this reply. I also love anything by Tamora Pierce. She's awesome. Her 'Alanna' series is fabulous.
2. My favorite song.... Wow. Well, this might seem a shock, but I absolutely love to sing!!! It's my passion. That's why the rhyming also comes so well when I'm making random stuff up for 'Pirates'. What can I say? Its a gift. As to my favorite song.... I really like most things by 'Mika' 'Hayley Westenra' ' Il Divo' and some early charlotte church. Rap is ok, but it was so 2 years ago for me tongue.gif I'm leaning more towards the classical stuff, but I don't mind a little PCD everynow and then. Justin Timberlake or Jesse McCartney isn't bad either.
3. Lithuania. No doubts. I may live in America, but I'm all for Lithuania! I come from there, so... yeah. National Pride!!
4. My real life occupation? Other than sitting at the computer....and waiting for my prince to leap out of the pages? Hmm.... I'm only a junior in highschool, so I guess you could say I'm a student. I also do alot of charity work, but it's nothing that I don't mind. It keeps me busy smile.gif
5. Sadly, Pirates of the Carribean. Twilight (even though it hasn't come out yet.... and they better not mess it up.... Cause I've been writing 'I heart Edward Cullen' on my hands in sharpie tongue.gif
6. Favorite part of writing FF. Well, it's just that.. .well, I can make up anything that I want to , and I can be assured that someone, somewhere, will like it smile.gif It's fun. I love writing about things that will never happen to me. It's the only way that I can live them.

But other than that, those are my answers. I'm really anxious to get back to 'Breaking Dawn'. lol. Thanks!!!

~Greta

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

#12 ChoS_sista_gurl

ChoS_sista_gurl

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

Hey, it's ChoS_sista_gurl! You made me that gorgeous impromptu banner for my story The Artful Fabrication of Draco and Hermione.

My main question is:

What is your penname on The Dark Arts (or any other website you use for graphics)? Sorry if I could find out any other place, but I've never been on TDA before. I'd love to request a banner from you for my new story, though. =]

Other questions:

1) What do you like about Draco/Hermione?
2) Any other ships of choice?
3) What got you hooked on reading/writing fanfiction?

Thanks!

~CSG

Edited by ChoS_sista_gurl, 23 October 2008 - 04:53 AM.

The name is GABBY.
Posted Image
sig by me; icon by yellowlicious

MY AUTHOR PAGE [12+ through M]

#13 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(ChoS_sista_gurl @ Oct 22 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, it's ChoS_sista_gurl! You made me that gorgeous impromptu banner for my story The Artful Fabrication of Draco and Hermione.

My main question is:

What is your penname on The Dark Arts (or any other website you use for graphics)? Sorry if I could find out any other place, but I've never been on TDA before. I'd love to request a banner from you for my new story, though. =]

Other questions:

1) What do you like about Draco/Hermione?
2) Any other ships of choice?
3) What got you hooked on reading/writing fanfiction?

Thanks!

~CSG

Hi dear!!! smile.gif Thanks SOOOO much for visiting this page (it's been dry for a while tongue.gif )

I'm so happy you liked the banner, but I don't have anything at the TDA smile.gif You can just acredit it to singerhotti24 if you wish smile.gif But really, you don't have to. I like to be subtle about these things tongue.gif And I wouldn't mind the request! Just email it to me: crazy_lithuanian@hotmail.com (12+... obviously...lol)

Alright, now for your questions:

1. I just absolutely love the dynamics: i'm one of those sappy romantics who love it when the enemies fall in love and have an icecream and loose all their defenses: because really, the walls that they built up are the only reason that they can't probably fall in love. Second, I also like a challenge: making enemies fall in love isn't easy at all smile.gif But it's all good fun!

2. Yes! Quite a few, actually. I started out with Hermione/Harry (ugh, right? lol), then I was crazy about Sirius/OC... then a_fountain_pen converted me to Oliver Wood/OC... and now Dramione? lol. That's really about it. I don't usually entertain any other ships. Ron and Hermione makes me shudder. smile.gif lol

3. Well, ever since I was a little kid, I loved reading. Two years ago, I got into HPFF because... well, Harry Potter was basically done. I read for a while, and then made up my own ideas. My first was 'By Accident'... Pirates came up as a random sporadic idea... and well, it's developing now. Recently, I started working on an original creation, and am about 132 pages in! So it's all good fun!

Thanks so much for asking your questions. If you think of any other jolly pregunta, let me know! smile.gif

~Greta

aka, singerhotti24

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

#14 curiosity is not a sin

curiosity is not a sin

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hi!!

Just thought I'd drop by with some question on your absolutely AMAZING story Pirates which I'm completely hooked on!

1. What inspired you to write a story about a "game"?

2. How do you come up with such great lines lines for your characters to say?

3. What's your favourite chapter written to date?

4. What's you favourite genre both to read and to write?

5. How do you know what your readers reaction will be to the way you make your main characters behave?

I'll leave you with those for now - wil be back later laugh.gif

Thanks for such an awesome story!

*Rosetta Jette and Staff on PW*
bW06s.png
[Meet Me! (12+)] revolution @TDA made the pretty graphics <3 HPFF (12+-M)

#15 singerhotti24

singerhotti24

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

Curiousity is not a sin,

AWESOME name smile.gif I love it. It's so true, yet so catchy? None of that 'The one who works eats," things. It just has a... I don't know. It makes me want to dance a jig tongue.gif Alright, now onto your questions:

1. What inspired you to write a story about a "game"? Well, I'm not really sure. I just got tired of reading this same mediocre Dramione, Head Boy, Head Girl stuff, ect. Really, what if Hermione didn't get Head Girl, and Draco did, how's that for a plot bunny? lol. And he used his power to rub his superiority in her face and took points off for her being a Mudblood and such, and it turned into a game- how much she could get away with without him knowing it was her, and there you go: Hermione Granger turns into a Rulebreaker. The story name= RuleBreaker. I don't understand why people can't go out of the box just like that. But really, it just started out with the whole Pirates thing, and then... I just created as I wrote. One of those 'once in a million tries' type of thing smile.gif

2. How do you come up with such great lines lines for your characters to say? Good question. I wish I had a good answer! Sometimes I take quotes from my life, and then sometimes, I just look at the character, put my fingers together (so that I appear smart while i think)(not that it helps any) and play the scenario in my mind, trying to figure out what the characters themselves would say. And then I try to throw in enough humor without being cheesy. I wish I was as funny as A_Fountain_Pen with 'drop dead not cheesy make you want to pee in your pants type of humor', but unfortunately, fate didn't deal me that card tongue.gif I got stuck with the mild stuff. I also take each character and parallel them with someone that's real in my life. Believe it or not, I do have a Draco, but he doesn't love me *sad face here*. So, really, it all works out in the end.

3. What's your favourite chapter written to date? Hmm. Believe it or not, the last chapter of Pirates, Broken Impasse. I'm working on the next chapter, which is going to be loads of fun, I promise! It's where the whole story actually starts moving. I know it's hard to believe that it hasn't been going anywhere, but really, this is where it starts!

4. What's you favourite genre both to read and to write? Fantasy set in a modern world? I'm not sure if there's a shorter way to say that. Take Twilight, or the Harry Potter books: both are fantasy in a modern world. I know that neither of my fanfictions are such, but to justify my answer, i'm over 150 pages into a fantasy novel that I'm writing (my first original!!!) and have two more planned out to follow as sequels.

5. How do you know what your readers reaction will be to the way you make your main characters behave? I don't actually know the reactions of my readers. They can end up being super happy, or want to kill me, which are both extremes? lol. I write what I would want to read, if that makes any sense. After I write a chapter, I let it sit for a day or two, and then I come back to read it, putting myself into a readers position, thinking the whole time 'is this funny' or 'does this make sense' or 'do i like it? does it leave me wanting more?' That last question is usually where I go and install a cliffe tongue.gif lol. Then I let my little sister read it, and she asks questions, and I'll (sometimes) go and put in her suggestions, which almost never happens. lol. I told her that if she wants to make suggestions, she can write her own story: mainly because her suggestions change the rest of the story, and I have a definite way that I'm going with it! I already know how the game ends... Then I'm going to have to write about the second half of the year... yay. lol. Note my enthusiasm tongue.gif

I would say ' Your Welcome' for such an awesome story, but really, it's you readers that make me want to write it. So, I guess you can thank yourselves smile.gif I thank you smile.gif It's very kind that you all keep reading it. Truly, what would a book be without a reader? Just text.

Anyway, ask me more questions, I don't mind! About the story.. about my life? lol.

Thanks!

Edited by singerhotti24, 16 November 2008 - 03:11 AM.

pirates-newsig.png

(01-07-2014)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users