700 replies to this topic

#1 RavenGryffendor

RavenGryffendor

Divination Professor

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:26 AM

I was just responding to another thread and got the sudden idea about the Patronus Charm mentioned in the books. I'm just curious what you guys think your patronus would be and why?

Maybe what's your happiest memory to fuel it. I don't know...

]Posted Image

#2 patronus

patronus

New student

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:30 AM

Hehehe... the thread topic caught my eye. ;)

Wow, thats a hard one. Hmmm... I'd really have to think hard about that one. Something I'm not inclined to do right at this moment, but definetly something I will think about...

That is interesting...

#3 MysticAvery

MysticAvery

New student

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:36 AM

I like this question, its very logical and neat!

My Patronus would probably take the form of a cat, for the simple reason, that I have a very close knit with cats, I have five of them and they only answer to me! They won't go near anyone but me, I've tamed some mean wild kitties from outside... but my memory would probably be of my friends and I having a good time... I don't have any deep emotional ones like Harry would have... so yeah, that would be it...

hehe, sounds lame, yes, I know... :D

#4 bluecow219

bluecow219

New student

• Members Elite
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:40 AM

I think mine would be some sort of bird... I've always wished I could fly and have more freedom...

I'd need to look up some mythology (sp?) for the exact bird, but yeah, it'd be cool.
Harry/Ginny happened. Ron/Hermione is going to happen. Live with it.

#5 RavenGryffendor

RavenGryffendor

Divination Professor

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:44 AM

Actually, it's not lame at all. I just realize in posting my question I forgot to answer it myself.

I believe my patronus would take the form of a dolphin. Might be a little cheesey, but they have such an intense meaning to me. They represent innocence, play, and freedom. Values that I tend to hold dear. Besides, they're smart and ingeniously creative creatures. A rare beauty in my book...perhaps not a good enough reason...

My memory behind the Patronus would probably be thinking of any moment spent with my 2 best friends. We get into so much trouble together, but love every minute of it. So as I said, definitely not lame at all...

]Posted Image

#6 timeturner

timeturner

Head Mistress/ Prof of Siriusly Black Magic

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

I would like mine to be something brave and fierce and ever faithful. In reality, mine would probably be something that talks too much and annoys everyone within hearing distance like a laughing hyena.

Edited by timeturner, 04 January 2005 - 04:58 AM.

Posted Image

#7 wulfeyez

wulfeyez

Caretaker

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

I'd have to say Mocking Bird or Elephant. Mocking Bird because I seem to have some sort of affinity with them. Elephants, because I just think they're fascinating, majestic, intelligent, and have a great sense of family and community. That, and Id love to see what a dementor would do if one sat on them. :)

#8 silence...

silence...

New student

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:24 AM

I think I'd be a moth. Theyre quiet and nobody seems to notice them, but if they get in your way they can be quite annoying. Ive always just imagined my patronus as a moth.

Dont laugh <_<

Edited by silence..., 04 January 2005 - 05:24 AM.

She dreams a champagne dream...
Strawberry surprise, pink linen and white paper,
Lavender and cream...
Fields of butterflies, reality escapes her...

hands off the biggerstaff

#9 Noblevyne

Noblevyne

Care Of Magical Creatures Professor

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:25 AM

MIne would probably be a duck, or something equally unimpressive.
Posted Image

JOIN THE DARK LORD!

#10 pencilcasegirl

pencilcasegirl

New student

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:31 PM

I'm not really sure what mine would be...a Wolf...I like wolves and I just think my patronus would be a wolf...
*removed by staff*

#11 jynx67

jynx67

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:21 PM

I'm curious, since I've only read the five novels... has it been said anywhere exactly what a patronus is supposed to signify? Is it supposed to be an animal that represents something?

#12 pencilcasegirl

pencilcasegirl

New student

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:11 PM

I think it's supposed to be connected with somehow...maybe it's like a guardian...like some clans used to have markings etched into their face to signify what clan they belonged to and who their guardian was...Although that would sort of make your animagus form the same as your patronus because the whole guardian thing...interesting question :)
*removed by staff*

#13 Canislupus

Canislupus

New student

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:26 PM

Also my favorite question, I always find myself contemplating what my patronus would be after or during my reading about something related to it. It would be...a cat I think. I always like to be neat and organized, and I tend to stress following the rules. Also, I love to sleep. :lol:

#14 Hermione Weasley

Hermione Weasley

New student

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

Mine would probably be a bunny...because I love bunnies :p. I have one from Build-A-Bear by the name of Dory (she was named after that fish in Finding Nemo-I love her :D).

#15 whiterose109

whiterose109

New student

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:33 PM

My patronus?

Uh...I don't know. A raven? I mean, I'm really a through-and-through Ravenclaw, and they are a smart bird. I think that would probably be my patronus. And as for my happiest memory...nothing really sticks out in my mind at the moment...
~*Veronica aka Ronni*~
Jesse (L&N Malfoy) & I officially claim Stuart Townsend aka Lestat.
BEHOLD! The sexiness!

"We were shootin' at a mountain of dirt. Well nothing was broken, nothing was hurt. But I probably really should have been at work. But if my freetime's gone, would you promise me this? That you please bury me with it?! PLEASE BURY ME WITH IT!"
~Quote from the song "Bury Me With It" by Modest Mouse. I feel it describes my life quite well.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Last avatar made by Siren.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users