links are 12+ - the amazing Giola

#3 harrysangels

harrysangels

New student

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hi BitterEpiphany, from your number #1 fan hehe biggrin.gif

When writing a story do you plan it out from begining to end and then write accordingly, or do you think of an idea and just let it evolve????

#4 mione P45342

mione P45342

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

What's your'e favorite HP Pairing/s?
How do you get inspired?
How long did it take to become a proffessor?
Which character/s do you like the most?

Thank You Proffessor!(*giggles* unsure.gif rolleyes.gif )

Posted Image

Credits to icyslumber

L.U.N.A

C.L.A.W.S

Go Ravenclaw!!

#5 Guest_Bitter Epiphany_Guest

Guest_Bitter Epiphany_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(Drecklin @ Jun 9 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What made you like Harry Potter?

I read the first harry potter book when i was baby sitting for one of my brother's classmates. at the time, i read a lot of non-fiction (okay, all non-fiction) so it was the first fiction i'd really dabbled in in a long time...it was...refreshing tongue.gif

QUOTE(harrysangels @ Jun 21 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When writing a story do you plan it out from begining to end and then write accordingly, or do you think of an idea and just let it evolve????

Both smile.gif

I start with a general concept. Chronicles was very much about Alexis' growth as a person, and I knew where I wanted her to end up - but I didn't have each portion of the plot designed beforehand. It was kind of the same with Extempore - though, when i write OF i try to plan somewhat more...plot lines are problematic for me. I'm much better at character development. tongue.gif

QUOTE(mione P45342 @ Nov 29 2008, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's your'e favorite HP Pairing/s?
How do you get inspired?
How long did it take to become a proffessor?
Which character/s do you like the most?

Thank You Proffessor!(*giggles* unsure.gif rolleyes.gif )

As a pairing - I like Lupin and Tonks (duh tongue.gif) Uhm, beyond that, there aren't a lot i'm particularly fascinated with. I was one of those people that was reading Lupin's introduction of Tonks and knowing that was a ship waiting to happen.
As for inspiration - god, that is so hard to come by for me. I have a really difficult time getting inspired to write. I write in big blocks - i'll write 10's of thousands of words in the span of a couple of weeks and then not write again for months. I think it's a combination of the right mood and the right set of life circumstances. smile.gif
Becoming a staffer at HPFF was easy wink.gif The first time I was ever in touch with the staff it was over a typo in the TOS a few days after I joined. Cariel and Jay thought I was the worst brown noser they'd ever seen tongue.gif Then I became a TA a few weeks later - Shade was the one who bumped me. In her PM (because that's how we were notified back then) she said it was my proper use of the word heretofor in an authors note that tipped the scales. I had only been coming here a couple of months when I became a Validator - then a Forum Admin, then the Forum Admin, and then an Archive Admin. I was chief admin at FC for a while and of course there's The Dark Arts.... HPFF really is a home away from home for me... smile.gif
Oh gosh! What characters do I like the most... Hermione amuses me. She reminds me a lot of myself in many ways...I was the UBER student...i started college young, etc... I like Charlie. There's a lot of "good man" in him. And Lupin - I always liked how dark lupin was, while still being positive and being willing to love the people in his life. Tonks is another favorite (people always think I wrote Extempore because I love Lupin, but the truth is it started over my love for Tonks.) I think I always wished I could be more like Tonks. She's been through a lot, and there's a darkness to her but she's bouyant - she's happy...she's unwilling to quit. I like that Tonks isn't afraid of being vulnerable. Dumbledore was another favorite character of mine - so wise....

#6 timeturner

timeturner

Head Mistress/ Prof of Siriusly Black Magic

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:42 AM

It's great to see you back writing again and I (of course!) love the ship you've chosen to write. How long are your planning blink to be and will we get to see more S/L action or will it be more in past memories?

#7 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

Madame Pomfrey

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

lol, you're only asking these questions so you know how attached to get to it :p

Honeslty, the length of brink is up in the air right now. I originally intended it to be short...but then 72 hours comprised four chapters... So i'm getting the vibe that it's going to be longer, but I'm not really sure :) And as for whether or not their relationship will remain only in flashbacks, no. I started it that way because it was the most effective and obvious way to set the tone for their relationship - to signal that it was something that wasn't an entirely new thing for them. Saves a lot of awkward first kisses :p I think you'll probably see more flashbacks as they move forward, but there will also be their new relationship to contend wtih.

@HPFF [12+] | @HPFF Blog [12+] | @Twitter [M] | @Home [M] | @dA [15+] | @Personal Blog [M] | @Studio [15+] | @NaNo [M]

I am on vacation - honest to goodness, real life vacation. I will handle requests upon my return.

#8 ToujoursPadfoot

ToujoursPadfoot

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hi there, BitterEpiphany. :)

I have a few questions...

1. Are you able to just sit down whenever you've carved out some time, and successfully crank out some writing; or do you always wait for inspiration to hit first?

2. Do you listen to music when you write? What are some of your all-time favorite songs?

3. Out of everything you've ever written, what are you proud of the most?

My HPFF (12+)

z8b3EP3.png

Amazing set by TenthWeasley @ TDA

#9 writergirl8

writergirl8

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

Hi there! I've been on this site for quite a while, and I have always wondered about your username. So I just wanted to ask... where did it come from? It's so nice... there's something really thought provoking about those two words put together.
Icon by Piglet @ TDA. Signature by &thenboom.
Posted Image
Peetniss. Charah. Finchel. Seddie. Phole. Jam. Romione.

#10 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

Madame Pomfrey

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi there, BitterEpiphany. :)

I have a few questions...

1. Are you able to just sit down whenever you've carved out some time, and successfully crank out some writing; or do you always wait for inspiration to hit first?

It's only on extremely rare occasion that I can sit down and crank things out. The vast majority of the time, it seems to take me ages to get anywhere at all. I've been stuck - for months - in the exact same place on not one but two novel lengths (one OF and one FF)

2. Do you listen to music when you write? What are some of your all-time favorite songs?

Almost never. When I was a teenager, I used to - but when I was a teenager, I could barely breathe without music on. Now, I tend to find that a TV show I don't particularly like or a book I've listened to 1,000 times makes a good enough distraction. I do often get inspired by music though, and often times its stuff that I would never listen to. Alexis listened to Garbage, and that was OK. Sirius enjoyed the Pistols, and that's totally groovy with me. Rebecca - the OF - there's another story. She listens to utter crap - things I hear on the radio or at the grocery store that accidentally get me somewhere.

My favorite music is a totally different story and it's all over the map. All time favorite group - Atmosphere. No questions asked, no competition
, it's always been Atmosphere and it always will be. They've been the music to all of my highs and all of my lows and I love Slug and Ant for that. There's also Metallica, Daft Punk, Grieves, The Pistols, The Stranglrs...I'm a huge fan of Lenka right now, which is a little out of character for me...and I've come to like Sleigh Bells quite a bit.

3. Out of everything you've ever written, what are you proud of the most?

Proud of? Honestly, none of it. When I finish something, I'm proud of finishing it. Extempore was a big step because it was a longer piece and I actually FINISHED it. I was totally geeked when I finished my first NaNoWriMo, but to be proud of the content, that's another story entirely.

Hi there! I've been on this site for quite a while, and I have always wondered about your username. So I just wanted to ask... where did it come from? It's so nice... there's something really thought provoking about those two words put together.

BitterEpiphany has been my handle online since I was about 13 and it means exactly what it says - a bitter revelation. I think there's a thread somewhere where I gave a longer explanation, but I'm not sure where it is. :) I'm always surprised that it's available everywhere, and when it's not, I can almost always track its usage back to an HPFF member knocking me off :p

@HPFF [12+] | @HPFF Blog [12+] | @Twitter [M] | @Home [M] | @dA [15+] | @Personal Blog [M] | @Studio [15+] | @NaNo [M]

I am on vacation - honest to goodness, real life vacation. I will handle requests upon my return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users