#2 LunaMoon

LunaMoon

New student

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(hermione006 @ Jan 26 2008, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Requested by jet.

Interesting,a decent couple though Oliver's to old for Hermionie and Hermionie and Ron wub.gif rock!

<3Scorpius
Rose<3
New fiction, Red Scorpion, out soon

RAVENCLAW FOR THE HOUSE CUP!!
W.W.W.W.W

O Mater Luna, Regina nocis, adiuvo me nunc.

#3 VampireKisses

VampireKisses

Sixth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

I have to agree it is indeed a mystifying pairing. I don't think they could work out in canon - he seems like the type of guy who would be sleep, drink, eat, and marry quidditch for Hermione's bookish tastes. But if someone wrote it in fanon I wouldn't mind reading it at all.

l HPFF l Poetry l Meet Me! l Reviews l Book Borrowers Challenge l
Posted Image
Beautiful set by black bird @ TDA
Wicked Children has finally been updated! Both review slots taken!

#4 Guest_Bella_Guest

Guest_Bella_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

First of all, I don't get everyone's obsession with Oliver Wood. Now, moving on before I get mauled by the stampeding fangirls...

I highly doubt these two would work out. Yes, opposites attract, but these two are just so extreme. I don't think Hermione would have much tolerance for Oliver's obsession with Quidditch - even with Ron and Harry, she fails to see what's so good about Quidditch and why it's so addicting. I think she would give Wood a near heart attack if she told him that tongue.gif. Also, I think he would be bored by her bookwormish (I say -ish because she's not a complete bookworm, but people see her that way sometimes) personality. He seems like the sort of person who seeks adventure in his life, much like Charlie Weasley, who, significantly, remained a bachelor his whole life. That's a future I envision for Oliver, actually; the sort who drifts from girl to girl, never willing to settle down.

#5 jemma341

jemma341

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Bella @ Jan 26 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I highly doubt these two would work out. Yes, opposites attract, but these two are just so extreme. I don't think Hermione would have much tolerance for Oliver's obsession with Quidditch - even with Ron and Harry, she fails to see what's so good about Quidditch and why it's so addicting. I think she would give Wood a near heart attack if she told him that tongue.gif. Also, I think he would be bored by her bookwormish (I say -ish because she's not a complete bookworm, but people see her that way sometimes) personality. He seems like the sort of person who seeks adventure in his life, much like Charlie Weasley, who, significantly, remained a bachelor his whole life. That's a future I envision for Oliver, actually; the sort who drifts from girl to girl, never willing to settle down.

I have to agree. I don't see Wood ever settling down. He's too much of a Quidditch maniac to be interested in a girl who doesn't understand his sport. Though, if I see an Oliver/Hermione fic, I wouldn't object to reading it smile.gif

Edited by jemma341, 29 January 2008 - 04:18 PM.

Meet Me || Author's Page || by Violet and princesspotter! || Forum Rules || FAQ's
Posted Image

#6 Guest_LittleBookworm_Guest

Guest_LittleBookworm_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Canon = no way. Fanfiction = Possible but I doubt I would read it and/or like it simply because, like others before me have already mentioned, they don't mix well. I guess they could try and maybe work out their differences, but even so, it wouldn't last very long. And I agree with all the others that have said that they can't see Oliver settling down. He just loves his Quiddich too much.

#7 jet

jet

First Year

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:57 AM

I just had to request it...haha laugh.gif

This ship is so odd and unlikely. In canon it would probably be impossible. Oliver has is head soaked in Quidditch and Hermione doesn't quite understand all the hype around the sport. However, in fanfiction I think it might be pulled off. I've read some stories that pull Oliver into having to stop playing Quidditch because of the war so he joins the Order. I think if you twist around the story and not have Harry defeat Voldemort so quickly then it might be more plausible as people sort of shy away from the spotlight. Then, you could somehow draw up a plot on how Oliver has been laced into the workings of the Order (mixing in Quidditch benefits obviously) and thats where Hermione and him hit it off. So I think it's possible in fanon; I'd love to read that ship. sweat.gif

--

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

-- ron --
so cute, so orange, so hungry

reviews? (12+) hpff (15+)

#8 LoonyWitch

LoonyWitch

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

I don't see this at all. Jet is right. Oliver is too Quidditch orientated for Hermione...but not for Ginny :-)

Benji Gray + 1 on PW

#9 cedriclover

cedriclover

Seventh Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

I wouldn't mind reading it sometime...(hint,hint!) =)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
images credit to canta_loupe @ tda!
my stories (12+) need a beta? PM me
know as confusedlover on HPFF

#10 without_soul

without_soul

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

well, it can work. But I don' think Hermione would feel well actually of this relationship, cause he is in love with quiddich and hermione would want him to spend his time with her, and he wouldn't because of his quiddich career, so it would be a mess..and ya ya

#11 Browneyes101

Browneyes101

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:10 AM

I think they would work good as a canon and fanfiction. Books and quiddich seems like it goes together with me; these two are also so determind in what they do that they seem like they're perfect for each other in that sense.

Browneyes

Authors Page ll TFO

Posted Image
[Thanks to the beautiful abc_cat @ TDA]

#12 Dramione_Fan

Dramione_Fan

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

I've read some Post-Hogwarts stories about them, but the way some people write makes it seem so random. Like just, out of the blue, Oliver comes up to Hermione in a bar and asks her out confused.gif

I think in order for me to really be able to get into this ship. There would have to be a good explaination for it. Like maybe when Oliver gets older he out grows the Quidditch obssesion and works at the Ministry. Then him and Hermione end up working together.

"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future!" - Fly Like An Eagle, Steve Miller

#13 Kumkum

Kumkum

New student

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

I actually think that their relationship will work brilliantly. It's the people with different personalities and tastes that work well together (Ron and Hermione for example) not people with the same personalities and different tastes.
Imagine a male Hermione that his favourite lesson is Potions not Arithmancy. How could they possibly work together? That's why Hermione was never attracted to a Ravenclaw.

Bottom line, Oliver Wood/Hermione Granger should be interesting at the least.

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: Why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness ~ Jack Handey

#14 addicted12

addicted12

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:38 AM

Book and broomstick. Ha. I can see it happening. The only snag is that fact that Hermione is a lot younger than wood is. Oh wait,...is it only three years? Well, I guess that is a lot. Hermione would go for a quidditch geek. She fell for Ron, after all....

Posted Image

Need a banner? Locate and read me at http://www.harrypott...?showuid=106183

#15 ReynatheRavenclaw

ReynatheRavenclaw

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

This is very interesting pair. Extremely opposite of one another, and both are goal-oriented in two different things. It could work in a story, but these two would have a lot to work on instead of "miraculously" falling for other. They're both stubborn and have pride in what the love to do. I would definitely read one if it's not out there yet in the fanfic world. smile.gif

[CCDM] 15+ [DH] M [DDPP] M

Posted Image
brilliant siggy by ind@ TDA!
[
[ [ J. R. S.] ] ]

Adopted Mother
of: darkladyofslytherin, Judi_Malfoy, almost.easy , Ariana Gryffindor , and KaraBlack

Coming soon to HPFF: Seeker and Keeper, Spots & Stripes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users