100 replies to this topic

#1 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

Hi there! Welcome to my Meet The Author Page!

Here is the place to ask me any questions that have been bugging you, about my writing or anything else! I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Also, feel free to look through my previous answers in case your question has already been asked.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my MTA page!

padfoot4ever

Edited by Alopex, 25 September 2011 - 02:41 AM.

.padfoot4ever.

Delicate [M] || Still Delicate [M]

#2 FredandIzzy4ever

FredandIzzy4ever

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hello! I shall ask some questions

What's your favorite HP book?

What's your favorite character?

What's your favorite story you have written?

What's your favorite story you have read?

#3 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(FredandIzzy4ever @ Feb 21 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello! I shall ask some questions

What's your favorite HP book?

What's your favorite character?

What's your favorite story you have written?

What's your favorite story you have read?

My favourite HP book is a toss up between Prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince. It's probably cos POA introduces Sirius and HBP has the whole Harry/Ginny thing! And HBP is funnier han the others I found. smile.gif

My SECOND favourite character (as you may have guessed from my name!) is Sirius. I actually really didn't like him at first but he grew on me and now he's definitely (one of) my favourites! I love Ron too he's so funny and Fred and George. Oh and Lupin. But my favourite character is Snape. He's just so sarcastic, you can't NOT love him!

I've only written a few, but my favourite so far is "Delicate". It's a Rose/Scorpius story, a mixture of humour and drama with a bit o' romance thrown in!

The best story on HPFF I've read is "Living Life" by singing. It's a Lily/James fic, it's so addictive. It's in the best of HPFF, you should read it if you haven't! Any stories I've favourited I love too, but Living Life is probably the best one. I love Lily/James stories!

Thanks for your questions! I'm kind of new at this so I hope this is okay! smile.gif cool.gif

.padfoot4ever.

#4 Jessincka

Jessincka

New student

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

Hiya! =)
I just started reading your fic, Delicate, yesterday and I'm madly in love it now!
Honestly, it's fantastic.. your sense of humor shines in it and I can't stop reading it! I'm itching for a new chapter but I heard that it's in validation, so I shall wait (im)patiently =P

Anyway, I had a couple of questions if you don't mind! =)
First, do you have any other fics planned now, or are you focusing on the two?
Secondly, who is your BETA? I'm a bit of a grammer-freak and I'd be tickled a funny shade of purple if you didn't have one tongue.gif
Thirdly, where does your insipration come from for your plot-lines? Obviously HP has a big part in it, but I've found it difficult to come up with new, exciting, readable material for my fics as of late..

Anywhoo, just a quick post to say how fantastical your fic is and completely suck up to you cool.gif
I'll give you endless amounts of chocolate-chip cookies if you keep us all entertained with your writing =D

#5 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Jessincka @ Mar 7 2008, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya! =)
I just started reading your fic, Delicate, yesterday and I'm madly in love it now!
Honestly, it's fantastic.. your sense of humor shines in it and I can't stop reading it! I'm itching for a new chapter but I heard that it's in validation, so I shall wait (im)patiently =P

Anyway, I had a couple of questions if you don't mind! =)
First, do you have any other fics planned now, or are you focusing on the two?
Secondly, who is your BETA? I'm a bit of a grammer-freak and I'd be tickled a funny shade of purple if you didn't have one tongue.gif
Thirdly, where does your insipration come from for your plot-lines? Obviously HP has a big part in it, but I've found it difficult to come up with new, exciting, readable material for my fics as of late..

Anywhoo, just a quick post to say how fantastical your fic is and completely suck up to you cool.gif
I'll give you endless amounts of chocolate-chip cookies if you keep us all entertained with your writing =D

Hi!
Thanks so much for your compliments, you're too kind! To answer your first question, I have so many fics on the go at the minute, but I don't think any are good enough to post! I just get random ideas and jot them down on my computer, but I'm not really planning on starting another story for a while cos I have my Leaving Cert exams coming up...I should probably start studying for them!! I'm really concentrating on Delicate at the minute because it got such a good response...I was so surprised!!
I actually don't have a Beta! I didnt even know what they were until a few days ago! smile.gif
Finally, I think my inspiration comes from so many different places...I read alot (I'm a bit of a bookworm geek.gif ), but I'm quite sarcastic in real life, like Rose! I love authors like Sophie Kinsella, she's really funny and has such a dry sense of humour!

Thanks so much for the chocolate-chip cookies (my favourite, how did you know??) but I think you deserve them too for reading my story, reviewing it and taking the time to check out my MTA page! *Gives lots of cookies in return*

Keep on truckin'! (whatever that means)

Heatherxx

P.S - chapter 8 is now in validation! cool.gif

.padfoot4ever.

#6 Mistress

Mistress

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

Hi! I want you to know that I really enjoyed reading your writing! It's marv. I have a few questions relating to both your writing and your personality.

1. How did you find out that someone had stolen your work?

2. What was your first reaction?

3. How do you get inspiration?

4. Are you ever just STRUCK with inspiration in the weirdest place? Where is the weirdest place you've gotten inspiration?

#7 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Mistress @ Apr 2 2008, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! I want you to know that I really enjoyed reading your writing! It's marv. I have a few questions relating to both your writing and your personality.

1. How did you find out that someone had stolen your work?

2. What was your first reaction?

3. How do you get inspiration?

4. Are you ever just STRUCK with inspiration in the weirdest place? Where is the weirdest place you've gotten inspiration?

Hi!

I'm glad you enjoy my stories, that makes me smile! smile.gif

1. I found out someone stole my story when I googled "Delicate, Harry Potter Fan Fiction" and something from fanfiction.net showed up. See, the site wasnt working because of the April Fool's joke and I'd heard if you googled your story it'd come up. And mine did, only someone else was taking the credit for it!

2. At first I was shocked - then I got a bit confused and was like "DID I post it here???" Then I got so angry and posted a review on the story and reported it on the site. Then loads more people started reporting it, so that made me happy. I just cant stand people who copy - I mean, what was the point??

3. I get inspiration mostly from the books I read and from my friends and family. For example in 'Delicate', James reminds me an awful lot of my older brother (he's an idiot, but we all love him anyway!), even though I didnt intentionally mean to write him like my brother. I'm quite a sarcastic person by nature (actually, that's an understatement!) and I think that's because I grew up watching 'Friends'! I dont really know where the inspiration for 'Delicate' came from - it could have been subconciously from the movie 'Knocked Up'. I know loads of people compare it to Juno, but I actually had loads of chapters of it written before Juno came out!

4. Usually I'm struck with inspiration when I'm in bed or in the shower - I dont really know why! In class I tend to think up plotlines instead of listening to my teachers. The weirdest place I've ever gotten inspiration from was in Edinburgh - me and my friend were there a few weeks ago and we were meeting up with her friend who lives there and he reminded me of Scorpius - so now, Scorpius is Scottish! And all reviews I get on my stories inspire me to write more - obviously!

Thank you for your questions!! (",)

.padfoot4ever.

#8 earthfarie

earthfarie

New student

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

I absolutely love 'Delicate'!!! It's wonderful. Anyways, I was reading and I noticed your note about a Scorpius chapter banner. So, I got bored and decided to make one!

Link (12+)

STAFF NOTE: earthfarie, please do not post pictures, post links instead and ALWAYS rate them. It would be better if you contacted people by PM with your 'art' or joining The Dark Arts (12+) and volunteer yourself as an artist there. --PropMaster

My Author's Page [12+ through m]
Proudly One of the Girls [15+] Hugo/OC
Doll [m] Draco/Astoria
"Mirrors lie. You are much better looking than that in 3-D."
-- Merrill Markoe

#9 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Oh wow! That's fantastic thanks so much! I'm definitely going to use it (and credit you, obviously!)

Thanks a million times again! (",)

.padfoot4ever.

#10 Leo072491

Leo072491

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

Hi. I just wanted to say I love your story and I think you're doing a fantastic job. I was curious though;

Are you planning any other stories?

What is your favorite genre?

What is your favorite ship?

What is your favorite era?

Posted Image
"That's so romantic!" Bridget squealed, clapping her hands together excitedly.
"That's so disgusting," Sirius groaned, making gagging noises with his tongue. "James, since when did you become a pansy?"
~Close to Heaven~
CHAPTER 2 JUST VALIDATED!!!
Please read and review :D

Author Page (15+)

Set by Obviously394 at TDA

#11 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hi! Thank you for reading my story - I'm so glad you like it!

Are you planning any other stories?
At the minute I'm quite busy with exams and stuff, but I have a Teddy/Victoire story on the go and a Sirius/OC AND a James/Lily, but I have no idea if they'll work out. Hopefully over the summer I'll have more times to contribute to fanfiction - I'm getting so addicted to writing!

What is your favorite genre?
Can't beat a bit of romance, can you? I like a mixture of drama, humour and romance. But I'll read almost anything!

What is your favorite ship?
I have loads of fave ships, mainly James/Lily, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione and Sirius/OC. I love the canon ships mostly. And obviously I love Rose/Scorpius! (",)

What is your favorite era?
I love the Marauder Era - I just love James and Sirius, and most Marauders stories I've read are just fantastic. I also love Next Generation, but nothing beats the Marauders!

Thank you for your questions!

.padfoot4ever.

#12 live_and_love

live_and_love

New student

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi! I am addicted to your story (Delicate)! It is soo brilliant! I have a few questions...

1. How far along is Rose in her pregnancy? (in chapter 13)

2. When does Rose find out if the baby is a girl or a boy?

3. I noticed that in a lot of stories, Albus is put in Slytherin. Is this a known fact (by J.K. Rowling) or something people just made up?

Thats all for right now. i really love your story. You are an amazing writer!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!

#13 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(live_and_love @ Apr 24 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi! I am addicted to your story (Delicate)! It is soo brilliant! I have a few questions...

1. How far along is Rose in her pregnancy? (in chapter 13)

2. When does Rose find out if the baby is a girl or a boy?

3. I noticed that in a lot of stories, Albus is put in Slytherin. Is this a known fact (by J.K. Rowling) or something people just made up?

Thats all for right now. i really love your story. You are an amazing writer!! Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Hey!

Okay,

1. At the minute (chapter 13), it's Valentine's Day and James's birthday is October 14th (in my head!) so that would make her around 4 months now.

2. Rose will find out the sex of her baby when he/she is born! (",) Sorry I'll have to keep you waiting!

3. JK hasn't said where Albus was sorted, but I like to think he was put into Slytherin because of what Harry said to him on his first day at Hogwarts. I dont think he was quite as scared of Slytherin after that. Plus his middle name is Severus, also a Slytherin. And his initials ASP are a type of snake! (The asp snake)...so it all fits! But no, JK Rowling never confirmed it.

Thanks so much for your questions, I'm glad you like the story! (",)

.padfoot4ever.

#14 the know it all

the know it all

New student

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

I just wanted to comment and say I absolutley love your story 'Delicate'. It is seriously like my drug, I can't stop reading it! It is soo good, I will be lost without it when I'm done reading. I just started reading it last night and I am about half way in, sadly school work is going to give me less time to read but I am seriously hooked. I love it so much, it will probably be one of the only stories that I actually want to finish, or have time to finish and keep on enjoying it. The plot line is amazing and I love the perspective you have on Rose. I would never have thought her to be like the way you write her, and the way you write her makes it so much more fun to read! Keep up the good work and I will keep reading (probably no matter what!).

Great job!

#15 heathereen

heathereen

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(the know it all @ Apr 30 2008, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to comment and say I absolutley love your story 'Delicate'. It is seriously like my drug, I can't stop reading it! It is soo good, I will be lost without it when I'm done reading. I just started reading it last night and I am about half way in, sadly school work is going to give me less time to read but I am seriously hooked. I love it so much, it will probably be one of the only stories that I actually want to finish, or have time to finish and keep on enjoying it. The plot line is amazing and I love the perspective you have on Rose. I would never have thought her to be like the way you write her, and the way you write her makes it so much more fun to read! Keep up the good work and I will keep reading (probably no matter what!).

Great job!

Wow, thanks so much! You have no idea how much it means to get a message like that =) I know how it feels to be completely hooked to a story, I just can't believe I actually managed to get someone hooked! I feel proud! (In a non I-get-pleasure-out-of-others-addictions way). I hope you do keep reading, and I'm so glad you like Rose!
Thank you again!
Heather (",)

.padfoot4ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users