#106 Katherine045

Katherine045

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

Okay here is my twisted input. :D
I absolutely love when, in stories, Astoria is written smarter and more cunning than Draco. She teases him, but they love each other so much. I don't know, I just think that after all of the stuff going on in the HP series, he needed someone who we knew nothing about (that way we can't judge him one way or another), who's younger than him (his year was pretty bad), and, in my opinion, more devious (but in a good, mischevious sort of way) than him. So she can keep him and their son (and whatever other kids people decide to write) in line, and still be awesome. I mean, you have to be awesome for marrying the trainwreck that was Draco Malfoy at the end of the series. I also like when Pansy and Blaise and Theo are all close with Draco, Pansy and Theo together. I don't know, it's just more realistic to me. And I'm a huge Blaise/Luna shipper. But that's neither here nor there, so I'm leaving now.

nitenel and Ramona are second and first place winners in my challenge respectively! yay!

#107 Astoria Viana

Astoria Viana

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

At first the whole idea of Draco marrying someone we knew so little about really bothered me, but after reading allot of ff about the couple I've come to accept and then like the pairing. Especially when the characterization of Astoria is as a bit of a drifter, happy to simply be alive. I like the idea of Draco looking for simplicity after such a traumatic experience and finding it in her.

all links 12+

Posted Image

tda . hpff

#108 GinevraMollyPotter

GinevraMollyPotter

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

I love Draco/Astoria stories.

I think they would balance each other out a little because Draco is quite impulsive however Astoria appears to be more of a softer character, however because we didn't know anything at all about Astoria in the books then the pairing can come across as a little strange. Draco was always with Pansy so I think people could have a softer spot for that pairing. However I think they could have a really good marriage if they were prepared to work at it.
LoX7dpE_zps328e79df.gif

Wonderful sig set by Wistful@TDA 

My author page (12+-M)

#109 LadyL8

LadyL8

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

I really love this ship.

It's also a very logical and reasonable reason for them to meet, since Daphne and Draco knew each other. The fact that we know almost nothing about Astoria really makes it hard to say anything about them. Even so, I'm glad Draco didn't end up with Pansy like many expected. They were both too cold and sly for that to work. I imagine Astoria as much softer and a lot like Narcissa. She could be the person that helped Draco after the war. I really believe in this ship, but I think they would have to work for it. With Draco being arrogant, cold and mean at times, I think he would need someone like Astoria to help him change :)

hufflepuffforhousecupanimation_zps9459f0

Amazing forum set by forums set by EmmaWeasley!

TBBAYMBWHAPABYHDBWNOHPWHT

Hufflepuff - HC 2014

#110 Guest_CloakAuror9_Guest

Guest_CloakAuror9_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

When I knew about Astoria and Draco for the first time I really had trouble coming to terms with it since I shipped Draco with Pansy and no one else. I think it took me a few weeks, more or less, after watching the last movie before I actually accepted this ship. It took me a couple of fanfictions to be actually convinced that Draco and Astoria did work together pretty well. In the end, I finally saw how Draco being the cold, arrogant, mean man he is would need someone like Astoria, a total opposite of Draco, to fix him up. So I guess this ship could really work for me :)

#111 WeepingWillows

WeepingWillows

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I was actually a tad bit surprised when these two got together. Maybe even a little bit disappointed? Just because I have always thought that Draco would have ended up with Pansy instead and thought that placing him with Astoria was a tad bit random.

#112 cupcake_addict

cupcake_addict

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

I have to admit that Draco and Astoria are a nice couple (even though I prefer him with Pansy). I've read a great deal of stories that portray them as a loving couple that balance each other out, but what I really like about this ship is the fact that Jo hasn't given any information about Astoria's character (well, except for the fact that she marries Draco and gives birth to Scorpius), which means that a writer can "create" their own Astoria with personality traits that they think she should possess. She can be deceiving, caring, or both! That's the beauty of fanfiction!

Edited by cupcake_addict, 29 March 2012 - 11:20 PM.

stories (mature)

#113 potterweasleygranger

potterweasleygranger

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

I was actually a tad bit surprised when these two got together. Maybe even a little bit disappointed? Just because I have always thought that Draco would have ended up with Pansy instead and thought that placing him with Astoria was a tad bit random.

I completely agree, I was shocked when Draco didn't end up with Pansy because J.K kind of made it sound like they loved each other in the books.

byhedwidgeon.png            alsobyhedwidgeon.png

#114 Georgia Weasley

Georgia Weasley

Minister for Awesome

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Pansy catered to Draco's every whim. He didn't respect her. Draco needed someone who demanded respect from him and made him feel like he was respectable. Pansy was a tie to a past he'd rather not remember. He needed a fresh start, and JKR gave him one with Astoria. I really rather like this pairing.

signature-1.jpg

Sig by MissMachineArt at Deviant Art

My Author Page (12+ to M)

#115 coppertop1

coppertop1

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Pansy catered to Draco's every whim. He didn't respect her. Draco needed someone who demanded respect from him and made him feel like he was respectable. Pansy was a tie to a past he'd rather not remember. He needed a fresh start, and JKR gave him one with Astoria. I really rather like this pairing.

I think that's a good point. I always got the impression that it was a one way deal with Pansy, he enjoyed having someone cater to him but I never felt he was as attracted to her as she was to him. I don't like Draco, but I do think he changes (somewhat) after the war. Pansy just accentuated how horrible he was. I think marrying someone else shows some progression and maturity.

#116 brithewriter

brithewriter

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm perfectly okay with this ship. In fanfiction she is the equivalent of Draco/OC which is one of my favorite anyway, she is just given a name and a little character. And she is much better than Pansy. How could she not be? Especially after the war and such, he needed something different and new.

Know what lights my fire? FIRE!

starcrossedsoldiers_zps70b984dd.png?t=14

awesomesauce sig by  Starcrossedsoldiers.@TDA

My Stories: bri_5_stars(12+-M) My MTA: Here (12+)

#117 Mystique17

Mystique17

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Even though we know hardly anything about Astoria Greengrass, I still really like this ship. I think that it shows a different side of Draco - one that is hardly seen.

3vxlG4t_zpsc55be212.png

Icon and Sig by (sol) @ TDA

My MTA Page (12+) | My Author Page (12+ - M)

#118 missclaire17

missclaire17

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

i love this ship, like a lot.
i hate that its so under appreciated.
honestly, there's no way that draco would have fell in love with someone like hermione.
theres just no way.
no matter how many great fanfics are written,
it just doesn't seem likely that draco would fall in love with someone like hermione

astoria gave draco that clean break he needed from everything that happened in the war,
yet at the same time, she wasn't too far of a deviant away from his old... "ideals".
she's still a pureblood and raised as a pureblood, but she wasn't at all involved in the war
and i can bet that astoria was one of those slytherins who secretly didn't agree with voldemort

astoria gave draco that clean break that he desperately needed and im glad jo decided to put these two together (:

profile image & banner by me! (:

Banner-Medium_zps8c82f2a2.jpg 

My Author's Page [12+ to M] & My MTA Page [12+]

#119 RosieQueen

RosieQueen

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I love this ship! Draco is never going to fall in love with Hermione, and I think Rowling did a wonderful thing, putting him with a woman we know nothing about. I also find it intriguing that Rowling mentioned a girl named Daphne Greengrass once in the books, so I'm guessing Daphne is her sister. I also agree with what GW said: Draco ever liked Pansy's obsessive crooning; he wanted someone who truly respected him. I also think we have more to work with when we have a woman we don't know of. Was she a Slytherin? Was she kind? Did she have a similar personality as Draco? It makes for wonderful fanfiction while being canon at the same time.

go ravenclaw!

Stories (15+ to M)  |  TDA Gallery (15+) | icon by somuch @tda

#120 Badname

Badname

New student

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I can't stand Draco/Pansy - Pansy is such an annoying, simpering character. I used to be a big fan of Draco/Ginny fics, but ever since discovering Draco/Astoria this has been my favourite pairing. I can't read any other Draco pairing now, even though we know practically nothing about Astoria.

The Malfoys had a nasty habit of leaning on the Ministry to get what they wanted, and I see Draco as continuing along that line post-war. For this reason, I don't see Astoria as the gentle type, but more as a stronger character that could challenge Draco emotionally and intellectually, and bear some of the prejudices that she would likely come up against by taking on the Malfoy name. 

Ahhhhh my gosh I love this pairing!

Untitleddjjj_zps7bca307d.jpg

My Author Page (M)                       Icon by Galaxy @ tda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users