• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:01 AM

Hi there. I've no idea what anyone might want to ask, but ask and I'll try to answer!

read my stories * ask me questions * read the site rules
(12+)

18a74cee-89f3-4a3e-9a75-661afe627847.jpg
story banner by insertwittycommenthere @ TDA

Current WIP: The New Pride of Portree (15+)

#2 SilverThimble

SilverThimble

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

hello there!

I have a few questions...

1. what's your favorite ship to write?

2. which of your stories is your favourite? (I really liked Grief and Circuses)

3. a lot of your stories are about Molly, why do you like her so much?

4. And on your "personal information", you said you were an archaeologist. that sounds like such a cool job. is it? (ok that was random...but y'know)

cool.gif

The Best Of [12+]

nominations now open for the best HP fan fic on the net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

tda && hpff

#3 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE(SilverThimble @ Jan 4 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello there!

I have a few questions...

1. what's your favorite ship to write?

2. which of your stories is your favourite? (I really liked Grief and Circuses)

3. a lot of your stories are about Molly, why do you like her so much?

4. And on your "personal information", you said you were an archaeologist. that sounds like such a cool job. is it? (ok that was random...but y'know)

cool.gif

Aww questions!

1. Molly/Arthur is my favorite ship, but I do enjoy writing Harry/Ginny, I just don't think I write them as well.

2. My favorite, well I like all of them and for different reasons but my overall fave is my big Molly/Arthur at school story, The Unsinkable Molly Prewett.

3. I relate to Molly a lot because at the time I started reading the Harry Potter books, I was pregnant with my twins, and one of the first mother characters introduced in the books is Molly - and she's got identical boys, just like me. So I connected with her right away. And I've always felt the same toward Harry as she seems to, which is wanting to cuddle (and coddle) him like a little toddler and feed him up. I think Molly doesn't get written about very much in fanfics, and when she is she tends to be yelling shrilly all the time. Yeah, she yells, but as any mother can attest, when one is yelling at one's children, one is not at one's personal best. laugh.gif I don't think that really shows her full personality. Lord knows I'd hate to have anyone judge my personality based solely on me yelling at my kids "I'm tired of telling you things fifty times before you listen to me!" for the nine hundredth time that day.

4. It is, I do love archaeology. It's the coolest profession, but I may be a bit biased there laugh.gif I wish I could go out on dig more, but it's a lot harder to get out into the field when you've got toddlers at home.

(12+)

#4 alexa_babes

alexa_babes

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

hey, just a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. What position do you think you would be in quiddich?

2. Which Harry Potter character do you relate to most?

3. What form do you think your patronus would take?

4. If you could what questions would you ask JK Rowling?

5. Dean or Seamus?

xx

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

A L E X A

Thanks to Twisted Ivy @ LJ for the amazing set!

Morendo 12+ My Author Page

#5 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

Hi alexa_babes!

1. What position do you think you would be in quiddich?
Oh, I wouldn't play Quidditch. I've never cared for sports, so I'd probably be the girl in the stands reading a book while her boyfriend played, pretending afterward that she'd watched the whole thing. That may or may not be what I do when my husband fights in a tournament (SCA) laugh.gif

2. Which Harry Potter character do you relate to most?
Molly Weasley! I think we have similar personalities, and of course are joined by the bond of twin parenthood laugh.gif I think Molly would be fun to go out for drinks with.

3. What form do you think your patronus would take?
Probably a koala. Possibly a hammerhead shark. Those are my two animals, and I have both of them tattooed on me.

4. If you could what questions would you ask JK Rowling?
Oh I'd have a huge list, details on Molly's past, the brothers Prewett, and details on George & Angelina's marriage and kids. I'm sure I could think of more.

5. Dean or Seamus?
Dean!

Thanks for the questions smile.gif

(12+)

#6 sirius_the_best

sirius_the_best

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

hey!!

i got some questions for you..

1)whats your favourite ship?
2)least favourite ship?
3)favourite HP book?
4)favourite story you have read on HPFF so far?
5)favourite era?

and some totally random questions:

what would you do if sirius black told you that you were the girl of his dreams?

if you got a chance to spend a day with any character, who would it be and why?

and lastly, if you love all 3 marauders equally, and you can only date one, who would it be and why? tongue.gif

Hope you enjoy answering them!

sirius_the_best!

•a journey over a thousand miles begins with a single step•

My Authors page

♥♥♥everyone says you only fall in love once but everytime i hear you name i fall in love all over again!♥♥♥

Meet the Author

♥i was walking in to be your friend, but then tripped and fell in love♥

Cornered by memories(M)

I seemed to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age

~

#7 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hi smile.gif

1)whats your favourite ship?
I'm a romantic, so I love a lot of the ships, as long as they're canon (I'm a canon stickler): Molly/Arthur is probably my #1, followed verrrry closely by Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. I'm starting to really love Teddy/Victoire.

2)least favourite ship?
I pretty much hate anything that involves Draco and one of the Trio or their friends tongue.gif Can't stand Dramione or Draco/Ginny.

3)favourite HP book?
Deathly Hallows. Really is excellent. Before DH came out I would have said Order of the Phoenix probably.

4)favourite story you have read on HPFF so far?
"We Gryffies"

5)favourite era?
I don't think I have one, but I write a lot of pre-Trio days. I like reading post-DH pre-e fics though.

what would you do if sirius black told you that you were the girl of his dreams?
Um, I would not really care, frankly.

if you got a chance to spend a day with any character, who would it be and why?
I'd want to hang at the Burrow for a day with the Weasleys wub.gif

and lastly, if you love all 3 marauders equally, and you can only date one, who would it be and why? tongue.gif
Um, I'm not really into the Marauders that much. I suppose if I had to choose one, I'd probably go out with Remus, I think he's a good man, barring moments of self-doubt.

Thanks for the questions!

(12+)

#8 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

I got asked this in a review, so I thought I'd post about it here.

The banner for my novel-length features Debbie Reynolds and Alec Guinness, and yes the title (and choosing Debbie Reynolds) are deliberate references to "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". If I could have gotten young enough photos of Julie Walters and Mark Williams (the actors who play Molly and Arthur in the HP films), I would have used those, but I had to recast, and I could see Debbie Reynolds as Molly and Alec Guinness as Arthur, so there you have it.

smile.gif

Edited by WeasleyTwinMom, 27 June 2008 - 07:41 PM.

(12+)

#9 Girldetective85

Girldetective85

Kickboxing Instructor/ Quidditch Ref

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

^ I was just going to ask you where you had found such amazing pictures of young Molly and Arthur! sweat.gif I think they're both absolutely perfect for the banner and they look exactly the way I'd picture the Weasleys to look in their youth.

I'm planning on getting back to your story this week and try to knock down at least a handful more chapters! It's the most well-written pre Marauders story I've read.

1) I might have asked you this before, but do you use real life inspiration to write Molly/Arthur? Do you ever put yourself in Molly's shoes and your hubby into Arthur's?

2) What gave you the idea of dedicating each chapter to a different song from the era? It's genius and the lyrics fit so well! Do you look around for a long time before choosing a song?

3) How long will "Unsinkable" end up being, do you think? Have you ever written anything as long?

4) Do you write original stories? If so, what kind of eras/genres do you gravitate towards?

5) What is one HP era you would love to write but haven't tried yet?

6) I always ask people this because it's so funny to read the answers ... if you went on a dating show (forgetting your hubby for juuust a second laugh.gif ) and the contestants were: Voldemort, Arthur Weasley (of course), and Lucius Malfoy, what kind of a date would you go on with each? What would you guys do?

Anyway I hope you have fun answering my questions and oh yeah ... CONGRATULATIONS on your Dobby nominations!!!

Posted Image
QUADRIVIUM (15+)
2009 Dobby Winner for Best Founders Era

Absolutely INCREDIBLE sig by chiQs09
My Stories (12+) || Meet the Author || My Blog (15+)

#10 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:52 AM

Hey Jules! Thanks for the questions smile.gif

1) I might have asked you this before, but do you use real life inspiration to write Molly/Arthur? Do you ever put yourself in Molly's shoes and your hubby into Arthur's?

I don't think you have asked that smile.gif I don't really, although I'm sure some of me unintentionally slips into Molly. The only trait of my husband's I've ever given Arthur, deliberately, is that he does ask for help - Arthur seems that type as well, since he asks Harry all about Muggles, constantly laugh.gif Aside from that, I might occasionally write Arthur the way I want my husband to be laugh.gif

2) What gave you the idea of dedicating each chapter to a different song from the era? It's genius and the lyrics fit so well! Do you look around for a long time before choosing a song?

Sometimes it does take a while to find the right song. I've spent hours trawling song lyrics from the 1965-1968 period. If I see one that might fit later, I copy the lyrics into my notes file for the story to save for later. I don't always use what I find, though. The idea came from the first song, the Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love", which I considered for the title of the story as well. It just suited Molly as I pictured her at that point in her life so well that I wanted to use it somehow. After that, I decided to use it as chapter titles and headers for two reasons: the lyrics fit nicely into the story, and I can never think of titles, so this gave me an easy out laugh.gif I'm glad it's working.

3) How long will "Unsinkable" end up being, do you think? Have you ever written anything as long?

Yeah, I have, I did a novel-that-never-ends in college that was around 100,000 words when I gave up on it. Unsinkable is going to top it, though. I currently have 108,000 written and 103,000 published. It's going to go to 39 chapters, though the last will be a sort of epilogue-y kind of thing and not a full-length chapter. I'm pretty sure it's not going to get extended at this point, since I've got the last 5 chaps mapped out and bits written for them, I don't think I'm going to wind up inserting an extra chapter, though I've done that before. So yeah, current plan, 39 chapters. I'm expecting it to reach around 120,000 words when it's complete.

4) Do you write original stories? If so, what kind of eras/genres do you gravitate towards?

I wrote quite a lot in college and some in high school. I still have most of it kicking around my hard drive. Some of it's gone through file conversions a dozen times over the years laugh.gif When I was 16/17 (my senior year of high school and freshman year of college) I wrote quite a bit of what I like to think of as pointless-teen-fiction. I don't even know what you'd call it, but I have two novels (including the one that never ended) and a novella of the same characters, in that genre, along with a ton of bits and pieces on those characters. I had written, as a freshman, about 50 pages of a sci-fi/fantasy novel that was undoubtedly very bad, and was eaten by my computer one night, which made me cry for days because I didn't have a back-up of it. Then in my sophomore year of college I wrote another fantasy story which I did complete that was heavily influenced by my then-obsession with ElfQuest, and started a sequel that never got off the ground. Only two people have read that poor thing. I have several other plot outlines for fantasy stories that I never really wrote, though I did research them quite a bit. Aside from that, I've done bits of short stories and drabbles in fantasy and what can only be called cheesy Regency-era romance novels.

5) What is one HP era you would love to write but haven't tried yet?

Honestly, I'm torn between wanting to do Marauders, though there's so much of it out there I don't think I could bring anything new to it, and Founders, because there's not much out there in Founders. I would probably do Founders out of those two.

6) I always ask people this because it's so funny to read the answers ... if you went on a dating show (forgetting your hubby for juuust a second laugh.gif ) and the contestants were: Voldemort, Arthur Weasley (of course), and Lucius Malfoy, what kind of a date would you go on with each? What would you guys do?

Oh my laugh.gif I think Voldy would whisk me away to somewhere he knew would frighten me (as he would undoubtedly have pulled my acrophobia out of my head with Legilimency), like the top of the Empire State Building, and pretend he was being romantic while really he laughed at my fear. I like to think I would just snog the heck out of Arthur (assuming Molly wasn't around to kick my butt) on a blanket on the beach somewhere. Lucius, I'm betting I could convince him to take me on a private yacht to the French Riviera or somewhere similar, where I would totally go on a mad shopping spree on his dime (Knut?).

And THANK YOU! Congratulations to you too!

(12+)

#11 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:11 PM

Links as promised for "I Will Follow":
Lyrics (12+)

(12+)

#12 long_live_luna_bellatrix

long_live_luna_bellatrix

MTA Moderator

• Section Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

Before DH came out I would have said Order of the Phoenix probably.

Firstly, I couldn't help but grinning at that. My two favorites are DH and OotP, and everyone always said "Why do you like OotP? Harry's so mean, it's very dark, and imposssibly long!" I'm glad someone out there likes it too. tongue.gif

Now that I'm done ranting:

I am in love with Unsinkable, firstly. But that's not a question. tongue.gif

Where did you get the inspiration for some of the characters in that? (Petula, Thad, Hattie, etc.) Real life people, other book characters or random flashes of genius?

How long did it take you to write? Did you have any major writers block moments, or times when you were hit with another plot idea and had to run off and write it? (Both those things happen to me regularly, making it hard to write at times)

And are you ever going to write a sequel-like-thing to Unsinkable, about 7th year or beyond? (Excuse me if you've already done that and I'm being weird. And I HAVE seen the one-shots and stuff, I'm wondering about a big novel/novella)

I'm sure I'll think of more questions later, I'm absolutely terrible at thinking of them, but I just came across this and couldn't resist. thumbsup.gif

Edited by long_live_luna_bellatrix, 11 November 2008 - 07:04 PM.

16te8p.png 2jfg0b5.png 2ugpfn7.png

hpff / mta / icons by musicbox at TDA

#13 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

I am in love with Unsinkable, firstly. But that's not a question. tongue.gif
Aww thanks! wub.gif You're too kind.

Where did you get the inspiration for some of the characters in that? (Petula, Thad, Hattie, etc.) Real life people, other book characters or random flashes of genius?
The way I come up with characters is to first pick a name. Usually a name will really grab me, and a character start emerging from there. Some of them flash into my head fully-formed, like Cecilia, and some are a little slower and I have to think on them more, like Siobhan. Thad I came up with from evidence of the type Molly seems likely to have a crush on, and is partly based on Gilderoy Lockhart, since Molly fancied him as an adult, and partly on watching "The Scarlet Pimpernel" too much. Fortunately Thad is a better person than Gilderoy laugh.gif I don't consciously base them on real people, though traits from my sons do creep into Gideon and Fabian (Fred and George share those traits too, so maybe it's a boy twin thing).

How long did it take you to write? Did you have any major writers block moments, or times when you were hit with another plot idea and had to run off and write it? (Both those things happen to me regularly, making it hard to write at times)
I started Unsinkable right around Halloween last year. I don't remember exactly. It was finished in September this year. I didn't get hardly anything done in August though because I was at my mother's house and it was impossible to get anything done. Mostly it went pretty steadily because I had a map of what I wanted to happen, but there were plenty of times I had other plot ideas. I almost never write only one thing at a time, and you can see from the dates on my author page laugh.gif Sometimes I really can't get anything written even when I know what I want to do with the story.

And are you ever going to write a sequel-like-thing to Unsinkable, about 7th year or beyond? (Excuse me if you've already done that and I'm being weird. And I HAVE seen the one-shots and stuff, I'm wondering about a big novel/novella)
I sure am smile.gif I have already got a bunch written (about 10,000 words at the mo) on a novella that will take place shortly after they finish school. After NaNoWriMo is over, that's my next project. And I've got a short story planned for a DH-era Hattie story.

Thanks for the questions! Stop by any time smile.gif

(12+)

#14 LilyRoselyn

LilyRoselyn

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hello!

I have read a few of your stories and keep meaning to read more! You have so many, though, so I want to know, which is your favorite?

Cheers,

Rosie!

Posted Image
^by me.^
mta.

#15 WeasleyTwinMom

WeasleyTwinMom

Head of Ravenclaw

• Site Admin
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE(LilyRoselyn @ Nov 22 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello!

I have read a few of your stories and keep meaning to read more! You have so many, though, so I want to know, which is your favorite?

Cheers,

Rosie!

It's hard to pick a favorite! I like all of my stories, for different reasons, and my top favorite changes with the mood I'm in and what I've recently written or read.... At the moment, I'd have to say "Unsinkable" and "The Pitch" are probably tied for top spot. I'm a Pisces and rarely have just one favorite of anything laugh.gif

(12+)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users