• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Noblevyne

Noblevyne

Care Of Magical Creatures Professor

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

I am moving Off Topic discussion to this sub forum but a few new rules are going to apply and differ from how you used to behave in the other thread - which will be shut down.

The Rules (12+). I know a great many of you are not active members of HPFF but have come here for PW discussion, you still need to respect the rules of this forum.

The FAQs (12+) may also come in handy here.

I'm well aware of the kind of excitement and passion that you feel for your characters, don't feel discouraged by this but I've noticed that threads can soon devolve into a lot of ego stroking and absurdity, it's very difficult to read and follow for new and old members alike, it feels very much like there's a 'cool' group and people must strive to become part of this group to get anywhere - very intimidating when the threads turn into a back and forth conversation between several members that could be better done over MSN. It's extremely irritating for mods or staff members to have to go through ten pages to make sure people are behaving appropriately (and sometimes they aren't).

I will be shutting down a few threads and starting them afresh.

Please remember that the Who Are You? thread needs to stay on topic, just as the Plot thread does and the quote thread (which should only contain quotes from the board, by the way) and you can save discussions about personal plots, favourite threads, characters, moments, homework to the OT discussion.
Posted Image

JOIN THE DARK LORD!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users