Ravenclaws for House Cup 2011!

#2 SherbertLemon

SherbertLemon

New student

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

Yay! Thanks so much!

This is my favorite ship ever... they're both outcasts, they were both in the Department of Mysteries, and they both have parents lost. (Luna's mom, Neville's driven insane parents)

Sadly, JKR said no way. sad.gif Then again, she said no way to Dramione, and that doesn't mean it's not popular!

http://www.jkrowling..._view.cfm?id=24
Forbidden Love - The story of a girl overcoming her father's control - by falling in love with his worst enemy. (15+)

#3 allison6293

allison6293

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Luna/Neville isn't my favorite ship, but I do use it a lot. Who could be anymore perfect for each other? I can't imagine Neville and Luna with anyone else. And your right. They both have lost parents so I guess they could relate. I wish JKR would change her mind about it sad.gif .

Coming Home To Me...Us (15+) Once several years ago, I made a mistake. I let someone I loved go. Because I was afraid. Afraid of being shunned. Afraid of him scorning my love. But now, he's back. And he's calling for me. What do I do? Run away. Refuse to see him, my mind whispers to me. But I can't. It's too late. He's on his way. (Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Luna/Dean pairings)

| What She Never Said (15+) | My Author's Page (12+) | Time To Let Her Go (15+) |

"By all means continue destroying my possessions. I daresay I have too many."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image <--I made that! Woot!

#4 Dramione_Fan

Dramione_Fan

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:09 AM

First off, I love the name for the ship! It brought a smile to my face when I read it.

This ship is okay. Its not really my favorite and after reading what JKR said I've kind of realized that I have the same view as her. Luna and Neville are extremely different from each other. They have nothing in common personality-wise. Also I think Neville is sort of intimidated by Luna's creatures and kind of dreamy countenance.

Anyways, that's why I think this ship wouldn't work all that well.

"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future!" - Fly Like An Eagle, Steve Miller

#5 raven_child

raven_child

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:31 AM

I agree that the ship wouldn't work out. As JK said, Neville and Luna have different personalities. Neville would find her to be too weird.

NaNoWriMo Rebel

Posted Image
Sig and Icon by me

#6 circinusphoenix

circinusphoenix

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hmm . . . I'd probably agree with you guys, that the ship is nice, but probably wouldn't work. Luna is weird, we all know that, but Neville does have his weird tendancies too.

Luna is pretty much obsessed with odd things, or hidden truths and things like that. She never takes anything for face value generally. With Neville, as we know, he's obsessed with plants. The fact that these things have nothing in common, could be a good thing of the N/L ship sailed. I think Luna and Neville would understand the other's obsession, and in that, they would work well.

But yes, Neville isn't that much of a confident person, and Luna is quite confident with her boasts of Crumpled this or Snackbox that. Neville probably wouldn't have the heart to either believe her, or disagree with her. He'd probably just think: "Oh Merlin, she is crazy! But very attractive!". smile.gif

But you can't deny, it would have been a cute ship if it did exist in canon. Figity Neville and Dreamy Luna.

#7 Dramione_Fan

Dramione_Fan

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:58 AM

I do agree that they'd be cute together! yes.gif I think they're a great couple for fanon.

"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future!" - Fly Like An Eagle, Steve Miller

#8 Ms Fred Weasley

Ms Fred Weasley

Local Marauder

• Prefect
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Until Jo sunk it, this was one of my hard-core canon ships. I think it is because Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione are my other two, the six of them kinda fit together. They form a cute family of friends, I don't know. But after it went donw in flames, I kinda want to believe that one of them die, more so Neville. Though I have to tell you everytime I read Luna/Neville stories, I just smile.

Posted Image
Posted Image
"The world had ended, so why had the battle not ceased, the castle fallen silent in horror and every combatant laid down their arms? Harry's mind was in a free fall, spinning out of control, unable to grasp the impossibility, because Fred Weasley could not be dead."
(HPDH, Page 628 American Hardback)

#9 Guest_Bella_Guest

Guest_Bella_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

I disagree with most people here. tongue.gif Neville's sort of the outcast in Gryffindor, much like Luna is the Ravenclaw weirdo. Sure, he may be weirded out by her the first couple of times, but knowing how she feels about being lonely, I think they would make a great couple.

Okay, I know I'm living in fantasyland. rolleyes.gif I just like them being together, along with Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny. They are the six who fought in the Department of Mysteries and that would be so cute. I know, it would never happen, but still. I love them together.

#10 LadySophieKitty

LadySophieKitty

Second Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

I always thought that this would be a very sweet pairing. In fact, I am planning to write a story with this as the main pairing.

#11 SereneChaos

SereneChaos

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

Haha, I like the name of this thread...

I don't really like Neville/Luna, I was sort of growing to like it, but then Jo shot it down and I thought some more and realized she was right, it wouldn't work. Luna's intimidating to Neville, she believes things and I think that Neville would be shy and just go along with it, without really believing it.

I suppose it could be cute, but...I don't know, I don't know how well it would work.

Posted Image

Set by Violet_Gryfindor

"I'll teach the lot and treat them just the same." -Helga Hufflepuff

Read My Stories! [12+]

Wand Type: Apple, 8 inches, kelpie hair

#12 JustSuper

JustSuper

New student

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Dramione_Fan @ Jun 12 2007, 04:58 AM) View Post
I do agree that they'd be cute together! yes.gif I think they're a great couple for fanon.

I agree with Mrs Fred Weasley - (I'm Slythrin green with envy though that you came up with that name as I'm a big Fred fan...

Neville and Luna always make me smile when I read them... I've even used them myself in From Summer to Battle: a Story of LoVe...

They both have a sweet warm hearted nature... and as has been pointed out before oposites do attract!!! wub.gif

So part of me is hoping that J K will change her mind and put them together in the end so the three couples can be like a family of friends...

You never know... It could happen... after all she did give one of her characters a repreave in bk 7 (who we won't know until 21st July...)

Can't wait! yahoo.gif

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"And what in the name of Merlin's most baggy Y-fronts was that about?"
"Dunno but JustSuper writings often resembles this..."
"What... Like someones useing Self Correcting Quill with the charm wearing off..?"
"Yep... But at least she writes R/Hr missing moments"

From Summer to Battle: a Story of LoVe (15+) Hermione: Tomboy Before Ron's Eye's (12+)Letters to Mum: A Yule Brawl POV (12+) Seamus Day Out (15+) The Magic-less Cruciatus Curse (15+) Seamus Night In (15+) New!!! Goodbye (12+)

My Authors Page Or Meet Me Here

AKA She-Who-Must-Be-Reviewed

#13 andromeda

andromeda

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(SherbertLemon @ Jun 6 2007, 10:08 PM) View Post
Sadly, JKR said no way. sad.gif Then again, she said no way to Dramione, and that doesn't mean it's not popular!

http://www.jkrowling..._view.cfm?id=24

Oh no, I never knew that! That's so sad, I really wished them to be together... sad.gif

"By all means continue destroying my possessions. I daresay I have too many."
'On the other hand, the Prince had proved a much more effective teacher than Snape so far.' ~HBP
Posted Image

#14 DA Jones

DA Jones

Second Year

• Prefect
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(andromeda @ Jun 18 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post
Oh no, I never knew that! That's so sad, I really wished them to be together... sad.gif

Luna sometimes scares Neville. That's the thing. I think deep down he cares about her deeply, but they would never work because Neville would have to spend too much time pretending to believe her stories tin order to make her happy and Neviller just wants to to make people happy, but even he can only do that so much.

Basically Neville is straight-laced to work with her. That's not to say that JKR can't have them try. Neville needs a more rational down to earth girl, pretty much either Susan or Hannah or another Hufflepuff would be perfect for him.

Hermione is a possibility, but in a staid way. It hard to see a lot of passion in that realationship, I mean they'd pretty much have to make love in a library wouldn't they?

Neville/Ginny. A better possibility then Neville/Hermione. But Harry would either have to die or be unatainable and Neville would have to pull some Harryisque feets; save her life a few times or something. Not that Neville doesn't have it in him to be Harry, he does.

Luna needs someone who is a skeptic like her. Who can sometimes believe her theories.

Who's the skeptic of the HP universe? Zacharias Smith. So my prediction, if Luna survives she ends up with Zacharias. I mean JKR is setting up something with that character, with the way Ginny treats him. It would set up some kind of tension between Luna and Ginny which could be interesting in DH.

Other possiblilites for Luna.

1) Justin. A muggle-born he may not realize how far out some of Luna's ideas are and he also partnered her in the DA meetings. Justin' simple style might help ground her.

2) Colin Creevey. In the same year as Luna, Ginny's apparent friend and interested in photography. Also Luna since OOP is a minor celebrity and Colin's love could start as hero worship. Suppose he starts stalking Luna and accidentily takes a picture of one of her creatures. Also it wouldn't hurt Luna's career prospects to get to know Luna's father.

3) Dean. Don't you think Dean would just find her interesting to sketch? And also since he was basically muggle-born he could beleive a theory or two of hers. And she is Ginny's friend. It may start out as a way for him to get close to Ginny again and then he would realize that he actually liked Luna.

4) Ron...only if Hermione dies though. Or if the two of them come to realize that love might hurt their friendship or if Ron pushes Hermione away like Harry does Ginny.

5) Harry...not likely. It would take Ginny's death. In that case Luna is the only one who might be able to save Harry from total despair. The reason this is rare is that it only seems to work when Luna sleeps with Harry, letting him have his way just so that he can get all his emotions out and JKR just won't do that.
DA Jones (pen name Ydnas Odell on the HPFF archive)

My Author Page
12+

My best one-shot: Wynter Is Cold 15+ ~ Winter was always my favorite season and Wynter my favorite girl.

#15 SereneChaos

SereneChaos

Third Year

• Prefect
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

I would laugh if Luna and Colin got together. I suppose they could both run the Quibbler when they grow up though, I mena, Luna could be the reporter and Colin could be the photographer...

I'm kind of liking Neville/Susan...he would go well with a Hufflepuff girl...but I have crazy theories that Hannah and that Ernie kid might have something going on...

Posted Image

Set by Violet_Gryfindor

"I'll teach the lot and treat them just the same." -Helga Hufflepuff

Read My Stories! [12+]

Wand Type: Apple, 8 inches, kelpie hair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users