209 replies to this topic

#181 CherryBear

CherryBear

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

This used to be my OTP (before I became truly obsessed with Lily and James) but now that I look back on it, I can only associate it with how childish my fanfiction was when I first started writing. Mind you, I still adore this ship to pieces - and would definitely read another fanfiction about it if it were actually good - but most of the ones I read way back when were simply awful. It seems like Dramione is more dominant on this site, and while I can understand the appeal, I find Fire and Ice a lot more plausible (although both of them are pretty implausible). I've always pictured Hermione too much of a stickler for the rules to fall for a bad boy; Ginny is a lot more reckless, and I could easily picture her taking pleasure in her brothers' furious reaction to her relationship with Draco. Hermione, on the other hand, I mostly picture feeling guilty.

Although, now that I'm older, I can't realistically see this ship lasting at all. Canon-coward-Draco would irritate Ginny to death, and even Fanon-Draco would eventually get on her nerves, unless he got a complete character make-over. Still, this ship holds a sort of soft spot in my heart still. One word (well, an acronym standing for three words, actually) : PHBs (:

Edited by CherryBear, 10 March 2010 - 10:10 PM.

my stories (12+) | Perks of Being a Wallflower Challenge (12+) | sig by MagicalInk at TDA

Posted Image

Black Beauty (M)

#182 LindaSnape

LindaSnape

Fifth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

While I know this would never happen, it's A LOT more plausible than the rampant Dramoine. :angry: Because at least Ginny's a pureblood whereas Hermione is a muggle-born and Draco would never like anything less than pureblood. I'm sorry, living in a family like his - he would not and could not fall for a 'mudblood'. I actually approve of this ship. It's not something that would ever happen in the canon or anything I would write about anymore, but like CherryBear when I was younger this was my OTP so I think it will always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm starting over, my new author's page is here: thehyacinthgirl (12+).

#183 whacked

whacked

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:50 AM

I can see how, in a very AU world, Ginny and Draco could fall for one another, or even just sparks, but really, I have a lot of trouble buying this. But you know, each to their own.

#184 ElysiumJayne

ElysiumJayne

Third Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:08 AM

I personally think Ginny and Draco would be a good match. Ginny's fiery and powerful which could great some gret moments between the two of them. One of my best friends wrote this fanfic with this pairing and at first I was like 'there's no way in a million years they would ever happen' but then I read it and I absolutley loved it. I know not everybody feels the same way, that's just my opinion.

#185 ericajen

ericajen

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

I think they would fight too much. And not the super intense fight turned into snogging session type. I just think they would fight too much for a working relationship. Still, I've read a fic or two where I like them together.

Posted Image

DANCE PARTY, BRO

[12+ but stories rate higher]

#186 SummerBabe

SummerBabe

Second Year

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Erm, what? I've never understood the appeal of this pair. It just, it seems a bit odd and out of place to me. It doesn't really have much to do with their houses or blood lineage, it's just feels off to me.

#187 megs

megs

First Year

• Members Elite
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

I had to comment on this ship, just because it's been my favorite. I started writing HP when I was 12, which is forever ago now, like seven years being forever I suppose.

This is the ship I started out with, because they appeal to me. Ginny being the unnoticed one, but being quick and hot-tempered, and not taking crap from anyone, versus Draco who is center of attention, spoiled and can be downright cruel. That's why I like it, they are complete opposite.

I hate to be vulgar, but they would have... really AMAZING chemistry we will say.

I know they would fight, I'd hate to see if they ever lived with one another or had kids, I think they'd have to have seperate houses just for the time they'd need to get cooled off from the fights, but I think they'd bring out the best in each other too. When opposites attract they pull their own qualities out of the other, this would eventually make them similar.

They're my lovely little daydream:)I actually just did a one shot on them for a challenge, go check it out if you like, my used name on HPFF is megs as well:)

#188 Adrielne

Adrielne

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

I don't like Malfoy in general, so any stories with him as one of the main characters is out for me. I think Draco/Gryffindor is particularly unlikely (well, maybe just a bit more possible than Draco/notpureblood, but just a teeny bit). He absolutely despised the Gryffs - I see no reason for him to fall in love with one or even want to befriend one for any reason at all.

siggy and avatar by the TOTALLY AWESOME Sundrops @tda

Posted Image

Stories [these two links are 12+] MTA page

#189 emeraldeyes

emeraldeyes

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Well, it's an idea to start with.

I personally think it more plausible than Dramione. I like this whole Fire and Ice idea (who got that going?) that they really do complement each other. I sort of like it, though I'm a sucker for the real pairings (and I will feel a bit bad for Harry).

♥ "If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same." ♥
Hey! My name's Bea :)

Posted Image
(signature by me)

#190 Hyenni101

Hyenni101

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

I have to admit that the reason I first started reading Draco/Ginny is because Ginny was always my favourite character (hello, hot-tempered and funny = waaay more interesting than Hermione's reading :) ) and because I thought Draco was kinda cute :p

But then I really got into it - I thought that it was much more plausible and original that Dr/Hr ('mudblood', hello?). I think that Ginny would be able to catch Draco's attention easily, seeing as she's both Harry's sorta-crush and not exactly shy xD.

I feel that Draco would work so much better with a girl that stood up to him like Ginny would - he enjoys exerting his authority, and what better situation to try and show who's the most powerful than in a screaming match with Ginny, who would no doubt enjoy yelling at him just as much. I think it would suit them both much more to be with each other than Harry/Ginny - although cute, I can't help but feel that Harry sorta stops her being so... Ginnyish? She doesn't yell at anyone, or show anyone her passionate sign in the epilogue of DH, and I don't like that :(

I love this pairing (if done well), so yeah...that's my opinion ^^

#191 RandomRed

RandomRed

Fourth Year

• Members Elite
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

I Love this ship. It caa be done in so many different ways. After Hogwart, during Hogwarts in secret, when they were young and didn't know any better.
It can me done good Ginny with bad Draco or bad Ginny with bad Draco.
I love the whole fire and ice thing and opposites attract I suppose thats the reason I love Lily/James as well.

Ginny has enough confidence to challenge Draco and is less timid than Hermione. (Who lets face isn't exactly timid)

I don't like Harry/Ginny because I don't think they are that suited he is too nice for Ginny I think. She has such a fire and a passion.

xxxxxx

Edited by RandomRed, 05 July 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#192 loopyluna

loopyluna

First Year

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

I had never been interested in this pairing until I found a one-shot about it. Since I read that, I have loved it. The chemistry would be perfect. Ginny is just the type of girl that Draco would need. I am usually one for sticking with cannon, but this pairing...I would be willing to break it. I think that it is wonderful. It's just the type of fic that would have the balance between family war and love. Draco and Ginny would have to defy everything to be together.

#193 Cecyllia

Cecyllia

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

I was a Draco/Hermione shipper for a long time. Since HBP I became a Draco/Ginny & Harry/Hermione shipper. I think Ginny and Draco could work out. I really don't see Narcissa/Lucius seriously objecting Ginny, she's a pureblood afterall. They love their son more than anything. I don't see the Weasleys seriously objecting the realtionship either (I can see them being sceptical at first but accepting the Malfoys in the end). The reason why I like this relationship is because it would end the Malfoy/Weasley family faud (in a way). IMO the Malfoys are a traditional family, conservative in their views, but not as radical as I first thought them to be (pre-HBP): I can see Draco falling in love with Ginny because she's described as a very pretty girl, not to mention the most popular girl on school plus she's a pureblood. I can also see Ginny falling in love with Draco (no particular reason to back it up). It would be interesing to see where Draco and Ginny's kid(s) would end up (I sense Slytherin because for some reason I think Ginny has some Slytherin personality traits; just a hunch though). D/G has everything D/H has but it's more realistic. For Ginny and Draco to work out I don't think either family has to change their views (Malfoys-conservative, Weasleys-liberal), they just have to tolerate each other (and I can se that happening ever since HBP where I saw the Malfoys in a different light). Besides, I think Ginny could cope with the whole pureblood dogma that surrounds the Malfoys (though she probably finds it ridiculous). They're all realted after all, I don't think the Wizarding World would be all that shocked with Draco&Ginny's marriage. In a very wierd way, it's almost natural. There aren't many purebloods left afterall. My fave couple.

#194 CallusedSilk

CallusedSilk

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Aren't Ginny and Draco related? I'm pretty sure they are.

Plus, I don't know, I may have to read a really well written piece of fanfiction on this to get behind it. Otherwise I'm just kinda eh about it. I don't hate the relationship with a fiery passion of a thousand suns, but at the same time, I don't jump for joy over it.

Posted Image

Shape without form, shade without colour,

Paralysed force, gesture without motion

#195 Cecyllia

Cecyllia

First Year

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

They're probably related , but then again all purebloods are and they still marry, I think they're very distant cousins though, Arthur's mum was a Black, wasn't she? I think I read something like that on Harry Potter Wiki. I could be wrong though.
I loved how JKR portrayed Draco in HBP and I felt he changed. I'm not implying he started liking Muggles and Muggleborns all of a sudden, but that he actually grew up and became more tolerant. Since there's nothing in the books that even suggests the possibility of there being anything between Ginny and Draco, I can only say why I think they'd make a nice couple.

First of all, I think it'd be ironic if the Malfoys ended up being related to the Weasleys whom they were looking down on. Contrary to popular belief, I don't see Lucius (much less Narcissa) seriously objecting the relationship.I think Mr. & Mrs. Malfoy love their son more than anything and would be able to handle this. They'd probably be embarrassed though (Lucius more so). Poetic justice you could say. On the other hand, this marriage would show to the world they're Harry's side (even if they're really not) and Lucius would be interested in that after the evnts in the War, I assume.

Secondly, I would've loved to see a Slytherin-Gryffindor marriage. If HP Wiki is correct, such things have happened in the past (not to mention Sirius himself said he's related to the Weasleys who are Gryffindors).

If this marriage happened we'd get a more interesting epilogue since we really wouldn't have any idea in which House their son would end up.

They're both supporting characters who had experience with Voldemort at young age (Ginny much younger though). In a way, both were bullied by him.

I always felt that Ginny had some Slytherin in herself, I don't know why. I just see her as a more sneaky and cunning person than any of the Trio. i think she'd be able to put Draco in his place, but I also think she'd have more understanding for the pureblood dogma (in the sense of taking pride in beiing a pureblood as long as it remains just that). She's also described as being a lot like Fred and George who just love breaking rules. Being in a relationship with Draco Malfoy would also mean breaking an unwritten rule.

Ginny being the most popular girl on school, I think Draco must've noticed her. I also think he'd find her hexes more interesting than any of the Trio.

All in all, I don't like Ginny's character at all, but I think a relationship with Draco would give her more depth. I never liked her with Harry, I feel Harry's better of with Hermione. Harry/Ginny relationship came out of nowhere (in my eyes), I never felt strong connection between the two of them. The stories focus on the Trio, we know Harry shares a strong bond witb Hermione and Ron. With that in mind, I'd find it more natural if Harry ended up with Hermione. Ginny as a supporting character (but not a random somebody) should've ended up with another supporting character (or some random wizard) in my eyes. For reasons already mentioned I'd like it if that character was Draco.

Edited by Cecyllia, 19 December 2010 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users