Photo
- - - - -

I Am Challenging Myself

Posted by Brittanique , in Writing 29 March 2012 · 404 views

UPDATE: I've started and already got the first chapter validated. Check it out if you'd like?

Unconnected World 15+

Howdy-ho neighborinos! Welcome back! I’ve decided to challenge myself. What fun!

Yes, anyways.. Onto my personal challenge:

• I will be writing a short story (under 30k words)
  • It will be completely centered on Draco.
  • It will be first person.
  • It will be [slightly] AU.
  • It will NOT become a Dramione.. >.> ( maybe just a little bit ;) )
  • I will have started it BEFORE my birthday ( which is in 15 days ) I have already started it.. And I like it so far. XD But this is only the beginning.

Now, you may ask me: Brittanique! How is that possibye a challenge? I will answer you, my dear, with a simple bullet point list like the one above.

• I am not so good at writing short stories. Anything I try to keep short becomes at least double what I intended. (See blog: One-shots And Me) I want to train myself so I may one day become good enough at them to attempt a one-shot. /crosses fingers
  • I don’t usually focus on one character, even in limited narration.. I tend to jump around a bit. I always like to let everyone see everything they ever need to. This time I won’t, hopefully making it a proper mystery? Probably won’t be a mystery though. That and I don't think Draco will be very.. observant. Might be fun?
  • I don’t write in first person. Whenever I try it becomes… terrible? I will be writing and rewriting until it becomes bearable enough to show it off to the wonderful world of HPFF! I hope.
  • Usually I tend to stick to the ‘post-hogwarts’ “after the war” side of HP. This time.. It will not be like that. I’m thinking it will be slightly AU in the fact that the war will not have ended when it was meant to. Yay tensions?
  • Ahem. Well. I love Dramiones so this will be a toughie. I have already planned for some [possibly] intimate moments ( not like that you perv. XP ) but I am going to steer clear from the complete relationship.. After all it is going to be short.. Therefore I don’t have the time to get them over themselves. XP Maybe, for once, Ron and Herms will stay together! YAY.

And there you have it! So, have you any advice for me? Or maybe another point to my challenge? Ooh, that could be interesting. Anyways, yes. Wish me luck, lovelies.

Brittanique

Good idea in challenging yourself! Let me know when the story comes up and I will most definitely check it out! :) (I'm not a big reader on Dramione, so that will be my challenge! lol)
Photo
Brittanique
Mar 29 2012 11:04 AM

Good idea in challenging yourself! Let me know when the story comes up and I will most definitely check it out! :) (I'm not a big reader on Dramione, so that will be my challenge! lol)

Thanks! Like I said, I'm going to attempt to keep it away from Dramione.. But there might be a ... few interactions that are going to be ... not so hate-filled? Maybe? Even if there are, it will be further on in the story.

I'll definitely let you know. I'm working on the first chapter right now. The plunny hit me almost as soon as I finished this blog. XD Good sign, right?
Haha, I would always assume so! :)
Photo
Brittanique
Mar 30 2012 06:49 PM
Well the first chapter went better than expected. In my eyes at least.

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

July 2014

S M T W T F S
2728 29 3031