she dabbles sometimes

Photo

Winners of the Firstborn Moments Challenge!

Posted by charlottetrips , 04 June 2012 - - - - - - · 386 views

The Premise:   I want you to write a story about a significant incident surrounding the firstborn child of a couple I will give you. I'm sure that anyone can see how first-time parents can seem lost at times or make stupid mistakes with their first kid, or they can do brilliantly for some reason. Just being the firstborn for my own parents, I know tha...

Photo

Tip on Formatting Stories

Posted by charlottetrips , 10 May 2012 - - - - - - · 342 views

OK, so I thought I'd share how I quickly format and post my stories on the Archives because I know that sometimes dealing with the Advanced Editor can be tricky.  Myself, I prefer using the Simple Editor and HTML because I don't have to deal with all the random extra spaces that seem to come into being as well as do all my center-formatting relati...

Photo

Writer's Superstitions

Posted by charlottetrips , 24 April 2012 - - - - - - · 358 views

I was looking through the Writer's Resources forums and found two useful threads to, say, "Get Into Your Character's Head".  There was the OC Workshop  and Character Map . (both 12+)I think these threads are very good for some, maybe even most, but I just can't get into using them.  Why? You may (or may not) ask?I, like any other write...

Photo

"your pain is my retribution": the backstory

Posted by charlottetrips , 18 March 2012 - - - - - - · 248 views
backstory
I had a sudden hankering to record the story behind each of my stories.  I think every author can relate.  There is always something that inspires one to write a tale, to give a certain character life or dream up a different ending; that's the beauty of fanfiction.  And before I get too old or too prolific to forget why I wrote these stories, I wanted...

Photo

Update: "Take My Advice" Challenge

Posted by charlottetrips , in just about me 17 December 2011 - - - - - - · 374 views
challenge
Hi y'all,  After a long-extended absence from HPFF, I'm getting back into gear.  The main thing I would like to focus on wrapping up fully is my Take My Advice Challenge  that was deadlined for 1 December.  I will review the submissions turned in (which were only a few).  I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this but RL took me by the seat o...

Photo

To Fanfic or Original Fic?

Posted by charlottetrips , 13 October 2011 - - - - - - · 314 views
NaNo 2011
To fanfic or original fic, that had been the question.Yes, if you are reading this you are reading another NaNo blog entry. Since we're less than twenty days away now I figured I should take the good and sound advice from veteran WriMos and start thinking of a plot, characters, situations, dialogue, etc!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!O...

Photo

trivia challenge: do you think you can win?

Posted by charlottetrips , 04 September 2011 - - - - - - · 297 views

A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I got together and put on a Harry Potter Jeopardy game for another friend's birthday.  I had a day of thinking up 61 random trivia questions about Harry Potter.  Being a pretty fanatic fan (though not to the extent of some worthy veterans I come across on this site) I thought it was fun.  There was a point where I fel...

Photo

winners of second point of view challenge!

Posted by charlottetrips , 29 July 2011 - - - - - - · 399 views
challenge
I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the entries for my 2nd Point of View challenge (first ever challenge--yay!).  And I hope everyone is happy that there wasn't an extra long wait in finding out the results...      Anyway, enough of me blatherin' and onto the interesting bits:      Third Place    the watcher [m]  by MajiKat   This piece was truly...

Photo

i grew up with magic

Posted by charlottetrips , in purely about hp-verse 23 July 2011 - - - - - - · 170 views

I remember when I first started hearing about "Harry Potter" and all I really knew was that it was about some boy who found out he was a wizard sometime after he was born and that it was a book that had caught the world by storm.  Being the rebel, the "I-make-fun-of-the-cool-crowd-because-I-am-too-cool-for-school" punk, the intelligent b...

Photo

nitpicking. i can't help it.

Posted by charlottetrips , in purely about hp-verse 18 July 2011 - - - - - - · 435 views
movie
After two days of grumbling about not being able to see DH2, I finally finagled my way into doing it!  The elation felt at standing in the ticket line, bouncing from foot to foot, leaving my husband in line to run and check the listings to see if HP had sold out, running back in line to wait and finally, finally  being able to hold that blessed ticket...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users