Crazy Random Happenstance

Photo

Wise old Ravenclaw

Posted by Singularity , in Real Life 02 March 2014 - * * * * * · 225 views

Well, I’m not a Gryffindor or a Slytherin, which meant I didn’t get to participate in the recent site shenanigans, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t write my own blog. 

So here it is!  My superawesomefantastical Ravenclaw blog!  Yay! 

(disclaimer:  Blog might not actually be super, awesome,...

Photo

Fan fiction in Reality

Posted by Singularity , 30 October 2011 - - - - - - · 351 views
NaNo, Fanfic in RL
This year will be my second attempt at NaNo.  Last year, I tried my hand at original fiction.  Three days into November, I hate my main character with a passion and began to slack off.  A week in, I quit altogether.  This year, I am determined to do better.  As part of that, I decided that I needed some real world encouragement, so I decided to get involv...

Photo

"If you don't get serious about this, I'll kick you."

Posted by Singularity , in NaNo 09 October 2011 - - - - - - · 257 views
Survival Kit, NaNo 2011
So, recently, I discovered this brilliant anime called "Death Note" and fell it love with it, primarily with a character called 'L' (amongst other things).  Anyway, while rewatching some episodes the other day, I heard the title quote of this blog:"If you don't get serious about this, I'll kick you."   -L, Episode 21 of...

Photo

It's not over

Posted by Singularity , 16 July 2011 - - - - - - · 349 views

I spent the majority of my day moping around the house and thinking about DH part 2 that I saw last night.  Initially, I thought the movie was pretty good, but the more I think about it, the more I realize, I'm actually pretty disappointed.  The entire battle between Voldy and Harry just ruined it for me.  I liked most of the movie before that, and di...

Photo

Inspiration in Strange Places

Posted by Singularity , 11 July 2011 - - - - - - · 207 views

I know I'm too late for this to count, but I was thinking about this prompt and the answer I came to actually surprised me, so I thought I'd share.   Harry Potter characters are celebrated not only for their relatability, but also for their timelessness. Which character from the series has been inspirational for you? Discuss.       To me, the most...

Photo

Minor Dramas in the World of Fanfiction

Posted by Singularity , 05 January 2011 - - - - - - · 253 views

This is really not a big deal.  I probably shouldn't even be blogging about it because the act of taking the time to write this blog makes it more important than it actually is.  Sorry, being cryptic...Basically, I got an email telling me that I had received a review (on another fanfic site) that basically said that someone had plagiarized my story....

Photo

Sometimes I feel like a Rockstar...

Posted by Singularity , 01 December 2010 - - - - - - · 208 views

Ok, not really, but kind of.  Allow me to explain...But first, I'm a little worried this entry is going to come off sounding very conceited, but I hope not.  Just in case, I'm going to put on a disclaimer:I am not trying to sound conceited.   Hmm, that probably just made things worse...Anyway, the real reason I wanted to write this blog is because...

Photo

Watching Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Spoilers Abound!)

Posted by Singularity , 19 November 2010 - - - - - - · 550 views
HP Movies
I decided that I really enjoy these blogs and wanted to do one more. So I present to you, Deathly Hallows Part 1. This was my first ever midnight movie release, and it was a really fun experience. The only problem being that one of my friends was running very late, so by the time we got to the theater there were hardly any seats left, so we had to sit in...

Photo

Watching Half-Blood Prince

Posted by Singularity , in Movie Blogs 19 November 2010 - - - - - - · 303 views
HP Movies
In my opinion, this is a good movie.  It's not a good representation of the book in the slightest, but it's a good movie.  It's basically like everyone just decided, "You know what?  Let's forget  the whole story line.  Let's forget everything that Harry needs to  learn in this film to be prepared for the final two parts.  Instead,...

Photo

Watching Order of the Phoenix

Posted by Singularity , 18 November 2010 - - - - - - · 234 views
HP Movies
Hello again :)  Today, I'm watching Order of the Phoenix.  The first time I read this book, I absolutely hated it.  Angst!Harry was a bit too much for me, but I made myself read it again immediately and I liked it a lot more the second time (I think I just read it too quickly the first time because I was so excited) Now, it's my favorite book....

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users