Photo
- - - - -

HPFF stories I MUST read

Posted by Slytherinchica08 , 14 April 2012 · 1,045 views

Alright so lately, I started making this list of stories that I have deemed are ones that I absolutely must read at some point in time. Below is my list and the reasons why the stories are on the list.

1. How To Tame a Marauder ( on chapter 3)- this story is on here because I've heard so much good stuff about it that I decided I must see what its all about and its also on HPFF's best of list

2. Delicate (on chapter 2)- this one is also on HPFF's best of list and has a crazy amout of reviews.. like over 10000 reviews!!

3. Still Delicate- as the sequal to the one above I felt it was needed plus it's also on HPFF's best of list.

4. The Art of Breathing (on chapter 6 of 45)- Ac writes stuff so wonderfully and I've really enjoyed the beginning of this which as you can see i've already gotten a good amount of the way into it.

5. The Art of Surviving- It's the sequal and also written by Ac enough said.

6. The Human Factor (on chapter 3 of 18 and counting)- I've really enjoyed the beginning of this story so far and I'm excited to continue on with it and felt that it deserves more recognition.

7. The World, Biscuits, and Sirius Black According to Nellie O’Neill- This one is on here because honestly it just sounded like it was going to be a great story and have some interesting parts in it!

8. In The Black (on chapter 7 of 32 and counting)- Alright there is no way I could make a must read list and not include at least one thing of Jane's! I'm a huge fan and have decided that I'm going to review every chapter on her page and its all well worth it! She never disappoints and this story is so interesting and wonderful and I always sit there and think.. why didn't I think of this?

9. Infringement (on chapter 4 of 5 and counting)- If you're ever looking for a good McGonagall piece look no farther. Even though It's only 5 chapters into the story it has such wonderful detail in it and she does a wonderful job characterizing McGonagall. It's absolutely brillient!

10. Above the Clouds- I'm a huge dramione lover and I've heard good things about this story so I figured I must read. Also it's on HPFF's best of list.

11. Lady Malfoy- This is another one that's on the best of list and a dramione and I figured that I must try it out at least.

12. Hogwarts Sanitarium- this one is a little unlike most in that it's an AU and i've never really read one before but I've heard absolutely wonderful stuff about it. It's a podcast over at HPPC, won a dobby for two different categories I do believe, and it's on the HPFF's best of list.

13. Living Life- Another one on the best of list and seemed like a very interesting James/Lily and I'm always looking for good James/Lily fics.

14. Arabesque-Also on the best of list and a dramione. It sounded like it would be a good read and also seemed to be original!

So here is my list of stories that I have deemed that I must read at some point in time! I feel that I have a lot of great reading to do in my future and I'm excited to get some of these stories started that I haven't already!
If any of you have any other stories that you feel I should absolutely read at some point in time post below with the name of the story and author in a comment and I will check them out! It doesn't have to be just novels, it can be any length as long as you feel that its something that is just an absolutely amazing read. Also if you could explain why you feel that story should be read that would be awesome as well! It doesn't matter how many reviews it has either. anything works! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

:wub:
Photo
DarkWhisper
Apr 14 2012 11:20 AM
Slytherinchica08,
Well, that is quite a bit of reading! LOL!
But my favorite on this site is 'Blood of My Heart' by Elysium.
A Dramione of only 3 chapters that really packs an emotional punch.
Who knew that an October 31st story could be so sad and heart-wrenching... as it is the only day when they can "see" deceased loved ones... but it is dangerous magic.
It's beautiful and intellegent, well-written and quiet.
It is a must read... especially at only 3 chapters.

~Dark Whisper
Ah, that's a great list! Hogwarts Sanitarium is on my list - I keep hearing all about it and I've read most of the others :p

Have you read 'Clash' by shenanigan (M)?

It's extrememly funny, fast-paced and the characters are brilliant. It's a Next-Gen and told from the POV of Aggy, a seventh-year Slytherin. The main group focusses around Aggy, Aiden (her Gryffie twin), Dominique (Slytherin), Freddie (gryffie) and James (gryffie). It's just a really brilliant story with now 36 chapters and I really reccomend it! :)
Photo
SexyDoorFrames
Apr 14 2012 01:09 PM
:wub: I hope you like my stories! :hug:
Photo
MrsJaydeMalfoy
Apr 14 2012 02:13 PM
Awesome reading list!! I really want to read quite a few of them myself! And In the Black = ♥!!!
Photo
Slytherinchica08
Apr 14 2012 07:15 PM
Thanks for the few ideas so far! Keep it coming guys! and for all my HPFF friends who have written some of the stories on my list... They are well deserved and I will enjoy them!
Photo
JessicaLily
Apr 14 2012 08:15 PM
I've read a load of fics on that list and they're all brilliant! I'd also suggest Run by Toujours Padfoot [M], Sparks by momotwins [M], Bathing in Roses by Celestie [M] and Enough by Georgia Weasley [M]. All four are absolutely fantastic, and you should really check them out if you haven't already! Run is incredibly original, well-characterised and beautifully written, Sparks has brilliant characterisations and a lovely plot, Bathing in Roses is simply hilarious with brilliant characters, and Enough is a Draco/Astoria with a superb plot and awesome characterisation of both the leads.
Photo
WeasleyTwinMom
Apr 14 2012 09:43 PM
Sparks is actually rated 15+ ;) But thanks for the recommend, I'm glad you liked it!

"Enough" is a wonderful story, you should definitely check that out. Also try "Tidal Waves" by Romina Stephanie.
Photo
Slytherinchica08
Apr 14 2012 09:50 PM
Oh thanks for the recs guys! These all sound wonderful and will each be put on my list to read!
Photo
TenthWeasleyWriter
Apr 14 2012 10:24 PM
I second Run, but also really, really highly recommend It's Called Adventure (15+) and An Improbable Fiction (15+) by Aiedail. (They go together, and although can be read separately, I would definitely read 'Adventure' first!) Quite frankly, they're two of the best stories I have ever, ever read on the archives. I cannot elaborate enough on how much I love Lily's writing. :wub:
Photo
ScarletEye158
Apr 15 2012 02:01 AM
Delicate & Still Delicate are soo good, you will love them!
Are you open to WIP? I'm reading an amazing one right now! :D
If so, here's the link. http://www.harrypott...php?psid=311086 (M)Its called Trying not to love you and its sooo amazingly good!
I second Clash by shenanigan [M], it's got a bit of everything in it and is probably my favourite story on the archives. :wub:

I also recommend So, Listen... by Toujours Padfoot [M]. It was the first fanfic that made me cry. It's just so beautifully written and poignant and the Weasley twins are portrayed perfectly. You won't regret reading this one. :D
FRED/HOLLIS 4EVA.
Photo
Slytherinchica08
Apr 15 2012 05:16 AM
Alright I have all of these written down on my list and look forward to having time to jump into them all! thanks everyone for the suggestions I'm always open to more!
Photo
lilypotterfan123
Apr 15 2012 12:39 PM
Anything by javct45.
Though Art of Ruin and vows aren't forever are my favourites by her.

As well as that I suggest anything by VioletGryfindor
Susan has so many good stories you could choose any :D
Photo
xxJazminexx
Apr 15 2012 02:14 PM
And now I know what to read :D WOOOOOO!

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Tags