BitterEpiphany's Blog

Photo

The Time Has Come

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 20 April 2012 - - - - - - · 1,154 views

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings, and why the seal is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings."  I joined HPFF in 2003.    I was a junior in college, at the ripe old age of 18, and bored out of my skull at three o'clock in the morning.  My life w...

Photo

I Am An Idiot

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 13 February 2012 - - - - - - · 638 views

So, it will come as no surprise to anyone who follows me on twitter or follows my personal blog that I'm in the process of moving.  Strictly speaking, I'm actually in the process of packing because I don't get the keys to the new place until the first of March but I'll be damned if, right now, this doesn't feel like the hard part.I wor...

Photo

Fire Alarms & Silver Linings

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 04 September 2011 - - - - - - · 462 views

So I live in this apartment...and in this apartment building there are two laundry rooms - one upstairs and one downstairs.  The tenant turnover rate isn't actually that high.  Being anti-social and honest, i would actually prefer it if the rate were a touch higher, really.  I hate recognizing chatty people in the halls. In any case, in the three years I'...

Photo

NaNo Survival 2011

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 28 August 2011 - - - - - - · 553 views
nanowrimo 2011
[All links below are 15+ or lower.] I used to, as teenage girls often do, maintain a running elevator list in my head...the five, seven, ten - whatever - list of people it would be totally permissible to do nice things with if you were stuck in an elevator.  Chatting with a friend last night and discussing favorite TV shows, I revealed my none-too-secret,...

Photo

10 Things (or Slightly More...)

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 09 August 2011 - - - - - - · 442 views

Today, I got the first piece of Halloween themed mail of the year....It coincides nicely with my birthday which means that, a few years ago, I would have been starting to plan the haunted house just about now.  It means, in short, that fall is upon us and, internet, I love fall.  As I do in winter (my least favorite season,) the moment the weather shows t...

Photo

On Reverence....

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 31 July 2011 - - - - - - · 457 views

A few nights ago, I was watching a TV show wherein the entire cast was over the moon to discover that a major news outlet had contacted one of the characters for an interview.  There was shouting, screaming, jumping and general shock and elation.  It was, in short, the exact opposite reaction I have when I get a phone call or an e-mail from a newspaper or...

Photo

On Espresso Shortbread Cookies

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 26 July 2011 - - - - - - · 405 views

For those of you that keep up with your HPFF staff on twitter, you're already aware that last week, I packed up a box of baked goods and shipped them off to Jay.  He got his favorite Margarita cookies (which I posted the recipe for about a year ago), a batch of my favorite oatmeal (which apparently went over well with the little admins) some experimen...

Photo

An Ode To My Quiet Weekend...

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 14 July 2011 - - - - - - · 416 views

Baking, watching movies, hanging out in our PJ's.... and then I sent this text....The response was not as colorful as you might imagine.  That was pretty much the last bland and colorless thing that got said all weekend...  http://i52.tinypic.c...02l5l1.jpg  The fun thing is that I keep remembering things (like Justin Beiber) so i feel in no way qual...

Photo

The Amazing Vanishing Admin

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 20 March 2011 - - - - - - · 688 views

All links below are 12+ unless otherwise indicated. I'm pretty sure that's what Jay and timeturner are going to start calling me if I don't become more reliable soon.  Since midway through the anniversary celebration I've been largely checked out from the internet.  (I knew it was serious when I started going entire days without checking t...

Photo

On Hiding...

Posted by BitterEpiphany , 20 February 2011 - - - - - - · 353 views

Last night, our very very dear friend Jay did a little bit of recreational reading and timeturner and I realized we're not quite as OK as we might have fancied with putting ourselves out there.It should come as no shock to anyone that, for all of my bravado, I am, at times, unbearably shy.  Sure, I can tell you stories of antics I've performed tha...

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

April 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526