Photo
- - - - -

Laziest blogger award, right here. Also: cookies

Posted by WeasleyTwinMom , 04 February 2012 · 814 views

recipe cookies rambling
Have I really not blogged since September? Apparently I am really really bad at blogging consistently here.

So, as usual, a reminder to read the site rules, cause I'm contractually obligated to remind you people regularly cause I try to be a good staffer and give out such reminders.

:paranoid:

Anyway, I'm writing. Adjacent. No really, I actually did some writing in my current WIP, "Sparks", on Thursday. Be amazed, be very amazed. Remember the days before I had homeschooled kids and a purple username, and I wrote all the time? Yeah, I remember them too :p So my goal is to finish chapter 6 within the next week. Feel free to nudge me if you catch me wasting time in the shout instead of writing. No really. I should be writing now, but I'm about to go read a romance novel instead. That's how I roll. Also feel free to review, cause I hardly ever get reviews, so they come as a huge delight when I do get one.

And cookies! So I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe today, and I have to say, they actually ARE the best ever. Seriously, they're so good, I can't even tell you. Puffy, soft, chewy, deliciousness. If you like crispy cookies, they are not for you. But if you like soft & chewy, make them immediately. Seriously. My kids declared them "one thousand percent more than googolplex delicious".

Ingredients:

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened

3/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. granulated sugar

1 egg

2 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. all purpose flour

2 tsp. cornstarch

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Cream butter and sugars, then blend in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

Scoop by rounded teaspoons, or do as I did and form them into little balls (gently - don't overhandle) about an inch to an inch and a half across (don't smush the balls onto the tray, just bake them as is), and bake for 8-10 minutes. They should be barely golden-brown around the edges, not at all browned on the top. They may look slightly overdone. DO NOT BAKE LONGER. Trust the process.

Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Makes around 3 dozen.

Photo
long_live_luna_bellatrix
Feb 04 2012 09:47 PM
I use almost the exact same cookie recipe, except with 3/4 granulated sugar and no cornstarch, maybe a few other minor modifications. I undercook them a bit, and they are to die for. Definitely in agreement there. :D
dirtydeedsdonedirtcheap
Feb 05 2012 02:20 AM
Ah, I despise making cookies, they always come out terrible. I can never get them right, well, chocolate chip ones and 'sugar cookies.' I make amazing oatmeal raisin cookies that take a lifetime to bake but I'll have to save this recipe for the future when I'm in the baking mood. You know what's amazing as well? Making fresh blueberry muffins and putting syrup into the batter. My boyfriend, my sister and my mother (the only people I cook for actually) love the way it taste, gives it an extra kick.
Photo
LittleWelshGirl99
Feb 05 2012 11:28 AM
I love the word googolplex! My brothers are always saying stuff like 'Well I googolplex dare you...' It always makes me smile!

And those cookies sound delicious. ^_^
Photo
AndrinaBlack
Feb 06 2012 06:38 PM
Now I want chocolate chip cookies too! And I've never used cornstarch in them either.

And I haven't blogged since May apparently. But that's partly due to my long hiatus from HPFF, though that would be some months without a blog post even without the hiatus.

Also, hello again by the way! :hug:

April 2014

S M T W T F S
13141516 17 1819

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Twitter