Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts on HPFF

Posted by KwanLi , 10 April 2012 · 317 views

I've only just joined this site, but I find it refreshing to see the HP community still alive and well.

I've been writing fanfic for almost 5 years now (beginning in 2007 after I disliked how it ended). Over those five years, I've written two completed stories but have never really found a forum to discuss the finer aspects of writing and talking to other authors. True, I respond to all my reviews and have had a few back and forths between authors of stories that I particularly like but nothing like this site.

I find the quality and standards here very good and enjoy discussing the HP world when a lot of other sites have fallen a bit to the wayside since the book series ended. I just thought I'd make a post commending HPFF and all the users in it for keeping HP fanfic thriving.

Welcome! This is in fact one the greatest fanfics sites you'll find (trust me, I've searched) and everyone here is very nice.
Actually, it seems like there's always great activity here, and not only people saying 'Oh, how I miss Harry' or 'I wish I could change the ending' but people writing what they wish had been written or told. And even more, people who still discuss certain aspects of the books, making the 'It's over' unreal.
I don't think there's going to be a halt in HPFF, have you checked the up for grabs? Ideas keep flowing in our minds as we explore different aspects of our lived characters and grow with them. Believe me when I say, you'll find everything.
I hope you'll find this site as friendly as I do, and maybe we could be friends? js haha
Have fun!
Val

Welcome! This is in fact one the greatest fanfics sites you'll find (trust me, I've searched) and everyone here is very nice.Actually, it seems like there's always great activity here, and not only people saying 'Oh, how I miss Harry' or 'I wish I could change the ending' but people writing what they wish had been written or told. And even more, people who still discuss certain aspects of the books, making the 'It's over' unreal.I don't think there's going to be a halt in HPFF, have you checked the up for grabs? Ideas keep flowing in our minds as we explore different aspects of our lived characters and grow with them. Believe me when I say, you'll find everything.I hope you'll find this site as friendly as I do, and maybe we could be friends? js hahaHave fun!Val

Of course, no problem! I'll add you.

And I'm glad people are still discussing the story beyond, "I miss Harry." I've looked in the up for grabs thread and there's some genuinely incredible ideas in there. I'm glad people are still coming up with great fanfic ideas.
Photo
SapphireatDawn
Apr 10 2012 09:01 PM

I've only just joined this site, but I find it refreshing to see the HP community still alive and well.

I feel the same. I registered here several years ago, but have only just started using the forums. For a long time, I've been a member of HP forums elsewhere, but sadly they're not nearly as active any more. I'm so glad that it's not the case everywhere. The fandom has some life in it yet!
Welcome! I was very glad to see the site and forums were still thriving when I returned from being away for a while. It can be scary posting your fics for the first time for the world to read, but the feedback you get and the friendships you end up making are so wonderful. I also wrote for a long time before posting, and I'm so glad I bit the bullet and did it.

Hopefully when Pottermore opens to the masses, we'll get even more back-stories and random info to inspire a whole bunch of new fics and activity. The stuff I saw in beta was very cool.

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Tags