Photo
- - - - -

Writer's Block

Posted by LittleMissLizPotter , 21 March 2012 · 236 views

Writer's Block. The dreaded words.

We all hate it. When our brains have gone blank and we're left staring at a sentence for fifteen minutes, trying to decide what to write next. In the end, I just waste time spinning around in my swivel chair - but I want to know how other people deal with it.

Do you listen to a song? Read? Go to the Up For Grabs forum?

Waste time on the forums? :p

I want to know.

Also, I have a question.

If anything is possible, is it possible that nothing is possible?

Hopefully that stimulates your brain today :) My Homeroom teacher asked us that, using the exact same words. For some reason, it always makes me giggle like a three year old when adults say, 'it stimulates your brain'.

*giggle*

Anyway, I want to see your answers to that, because the ones from my homeroom class were all different.

~Delia

Photo
The Empty Frame
Mar 21 2012 03:52 AM

If anything is possible, is it possible that nothing is possible?

...Ahh my brain! I'm going to say... No. Because anything is possible, not nothing. Nothing is not anything.

But as far as writer's block... I do absolutely nothing. I just don't write. I'm very lazy that way, so I guess it's a good thing I'm not super serious about writing. For me, it's just a hobby, and I do it when I feel like it. So if I don't feel like it, I just don't do. It keeps it very low-pressure for me.
Photo
dobbys_socks
Mar 21 2012 06:02 AM
^ Exactly same with me. And yeah, I spin on my swivel chair too :).

Stimulating...stimulating...stimulating...
It could be possible that nothing is possible if anything's possible, but as The Empty Frame said, nothing isn't anything. So in simpler words, I have no idea.
Photo
The Empty Frame
Mar 21 2012 03:36 PM
So I am completely prepared to be laughed at for this, but I was actually awake for like an hour last night thinking about that brain teaser. And I think it comes down to what is meant by "nothing is possible." Does it mean that it is possible that nothing will happen, or that it is impossible that anything will happen? Because it's always possible that nothing will happen, but it's not impossible that anything will happen. I dunno. I'm just kind of nerding out over here :p
Photo
LittleMissLizPotter
Mar 25 2012 11:45 PM
You've just completely confused me. I wasn't sure about the answer in the first place. . . but I've come to the conclusion that It is possible, because I think it could mean, 'nothing', as in, 'nothing is happening'. So I think that yes, it is possible.

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories

Tags