Photo
- - - - -

Bombs Away!

Posted by SilentConfession , 21 February 2012 · 382 views

It’s been a while since I’ve had multiple ideas for WIP’s come at me. But in the last week I’ve had a few plots start to tug at the corners of my mind. More like come dive bomb me actually. They were very demanding.

But I’m excited about the ideas that are popping into my head, hopefully they'll get written, but the procrastinator that i am, it may be a few months before they ever see the light of day. Anyway, some of the ideas that have assaulted me are...

First one is a Molly Weasley II story called Other Spaces. It’s a sequel of sorts to a one-shot I wrote of her and is about how it’s only in the destruction of one’s life can stability be found.

Secondly, a Peter-centric story, it’ll be snapshots of the man we’ve all grown to hate and how he became that person. I’ve been dying to explore him and I think that it’s time to uncover the man he was before he became a traitor. Perhaps it’ll be called Forgotten or something... not sure yet. If anyone has ideas or theories about him, I’d love to hear. I’m trying to make it as true to canon as possible and yet I think he is grossly misrepresented not only in fanfic but in the books themselves.

Thirdly, a sequel to my current WIP, All That Glitters. It’ll be called Is not Gold. It’ll be the story after Eleanor is initiated into Death Eaterdom. Lots of angst and will probably be stories of her and Sirius during the last year of the war. (No, before anyone cringes, this is not a romance, just a view of what it might have been like for both sides during that time).

So, i'm happy (although, the logical part of my brain is screaming at me that i don't need anything else to be distracted by) Molly is my first real dive into Next Gen's, i've always steared away from them like oil and water, but the idea hit so it's probably high time I try and write one. The Peter story is probably going to be my favourite, that era will always be my favourite, so i'm excited to write more on them because gosh, it's sad their whole friendship was torn apart by betrayal, distrust, and death.

Anyway, i can't think of a really eloquent way to end this blog :p , so, with that said, i say ado. Happy writing everyone.

Photo
elephant828
Feb 22 2012 02:52 AM
I'd like to read the Molly one. :) I think she is misinterpreted by a lot of fanfiction writers because she is Percy's daughter.
Photo
OctoberSeaBreeze
Feb 22 2012 02:19 PM
Ahem... I must read the Peter-centric one... I love Pete ♥
(and I think the same about the fact that he's misrepresented in fanfic and books).
Photo
AndrinaBlack
Feb 22 2012 05:32 PM
lol! I looked at your mention of "Other Spaces" and thought "what a coincidence, that's the same title as an article I read". Then I realised that I gave you a quote from that article in my challenge. So my guess is that the Molly story will be the challenge entry :)

I find Peter really difficult to write, because I can't understand the character or him as a marauder. Mainly this is because of Snape's worst memory, where it didn't really seem like he was properly a part of that group, and still he should be. It was easier to think of him as once nice and good and later a traitor for some reason before that chapter. Anyway, I too have to get into that character soon as I got assigned the pairing Lily/Peter in a challenge. First I thought that I couldn't do it and would have to ask for another pairing, but then I started to see how it could work how that relationship could actually affect what happened later. But I still have problems with that one chapter in OotP.
Photo
SilentConfession
Feb 22 2012 07:13 PM
@ elephant: if your interested in my characterization of her or want a glimpse of what it might be, check out my story Perfect Spiral. I'm trying to take a fresh spin on her. Although, i haven't read many of her in ff i can imagine how it could be misrepresented. I think its important when you write the children of characters you know is to make them their own person and not just replicas of their parents. Sure, they may carry characteristics of course, but they are a unique mixture of genes that would make them relate to the world differently then either parent would have.

@OSB : i completely agree, i don't think though that we were given enough info on him during his Hogwarts years to really see what his true character was. It was such a flash that i think it would be hard to really say that is all of who he was. It may have been who he was at that moment or who he was in 5th year but that doesn't mean he was like that all the time.

@ Andrina: :p haha, indeed it quite familiar. I'd been wanting to write more on Molly but was lacking inspiration to do so before your challenge came along. :D About Peter, he is a difficult character to wrap your head around especially with trying to keep him canon. But as i was mentioning to OSB i think that the small glimpse we were given can't really dictate who he was all the time. It may be part of him, but there has to be more. It would be like someone walking into our life on any given day and see 15 minutes or less of our interaction and then assume that is all of who we were. He's usually thought of as ugly, fat, and stupid. But if you think about when someone is compared to two exceptionally bright wizards like Sirius and James how can that one's light shine bright when they are always overshadowed. It wouldn't let that one light shine for what it was. I hope that makes sense. It's sort of how i'm going about trying to characterize him and dig into him. I just don't see why he cannot have the opportunities as someone like Sirius or even Snape, a lot of people hated him before they realized his true colours. But why can't Peter have loved or been a fellow prankster. It's hard trying to balance him though, to try and grab the things we know and then also make him a real live human being. Good luck with your challenge with Lily/Peter, that is definitely different and would be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Photo
Slytherinchica08
Feb 23 2012 07:21 PM
I'm actually really interested in your Peter one just because I find him so hard to write! A title idea for that one could be Traitor in the Making.. or something along those lines though dont feel you have to use it, it was just something that popped into my head as I was reading your idea. Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you and can't wait to see how they all come to play!

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Categories