• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

Madame Pomfrey

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:14 AM

Due to recent abuse, the size of signatures allowed on the site is being updated and will be enforced.

All signatures must be no taller than 300px total - including images and text. In addition to that, all images must be smaller than 500x200 total. This means that all signatures, blinkies and advertisement buttons may only add up to 200pixels high. Below is an image for your convenience.

Posted Image

Also, please do not forget the regular forum rules regarding signatures. Images and text may be rated no higher than 12+ (FFW) and any linking must be rated according to the FanFictionWorld.net scale - available in our Terms of Service

@HPFF [12+] | @HPFF Blog [12+] | @Twitter [M] | @Home [M] | @dA [15+] | @Personal Blog [M] | @Studio [15+] | @NaNo [M]

I am on vacation - honest to goodness, real life vacation. I will handle requests upon my return.

#2 BitterEpiphany

BitterEpiphany

Madame Pomfrey

• Emeritus Staff Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

Okay, so posting this thread didn't quite have my desired outcome and there are still quite a few violations floating around out there and being added every day. To give a hand, in addition to the size guide shown in the post above, you will also find some sample configurations shown below to help you better understand the various kinds of signatures that are OK.

As a reminder, since some of you seem to be having issues with your signatures because you are attempting to post your banners in your signatures, resizing services are available at The Dark Arts. Any artist can take your existing banner and size it down so that it is suitable for your signature at HPFF. They can crop it to 500x110 if you are willing to lose one end or resize a 700x110 pixel banner to 500x79.

One 500x100 signature (a resized banner) and five avatars below it.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"oh my god, i've killed harry potter" - Neville Longbottom GOF Movie

my first story [12+] - my second story [15+] - my third story [12+]

One 500x125 signature and a large block of text beneath it
(the sample shown here is short - it is only 400x125)

Posted Image

to hop out and find out whats goin on cut through trees and ride through rocks
synchronize the universal sundial to my watch
i've seen a lot but not quite as much as her
to top it off the memory and the imagination blur
but i know she's been put through hell
i can feel it
and i know she's touched heaven as well
tryin to steal it
it came on and it taught her a song
it strung her along
and it caught her when her guard was gone

As you can imagine, there are a million different configurations but be careful not to break the 500x200 image rule and the 300px tall total rule (this includes spaces and text). Over the course of the next several days, we will be searching through to ensure that these rules are followed so save yourself the warn level increase and the hassle and update them now. If you have questions, please feel free to contact a staff member.

Thanks everybody. The dial up users here at HPFF really thank you! (And so does my carpal tunnel)

@HPFF [12+] | @HPFF Blog [12+] | @Twitter [M] | @Home [M] | @dA [15+] | @Personal Blog [M] | @Studio [15+] | @NaNo [M]

I am on vacation - honest to goodness, real life vacation. I will handle requests upon my return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users