Blogs

Photo

Reviews

Posted by luvinpadfoot in luvinpadfoot's Blog, 24 April 2014 - - - - - - · 34 views

Reviews. We all love them, right? I think we all recognize that HPFF has come into more of a dry spell in reviews the last few years, after the last films ended. Now I know that we here on the forums have our lovely community and all kinds of ways to get reviews- review tag, reviews offered threads, review swaps, etc. We make friends on the forums and fol...

Photo

Fanfiction, seriously?

Posted by Iellwen in Iellwen's Blog, 23 April 2014 - - - - - - · 52 views

I've been writing OF for over 10 years and fanfiction for over 5 - took it seriously every step of the way.
Sure, I've written my fair share of senseless plunnies (and I'm most probably not going to stop) and have an abandoned horrifyingly bad draft of a wannabe story molding in cold waters. I even had a few years in between without any kind of writing....

Photo

Finding Your Favourites

Posted by flameseeker3000 in flameseeker3000's Blog, 23 April 2014 - - - - - - · 71 views

Hello! 

Whoo, first blog post :woot:

So I was staring at the number of reads my main WIP has, as you do, and I was wondering how all those people found my story. Did they click on another author's reviews and find my story? Did they keep pressing Random Story until mine came up? Did they click on my penname whilst I was online? ...

Photo

One-shot to Short Story: Planning *dun dun duuuuuuuun*

Posted by red_headed_juliet in Blah-blah-blog, 23 April 2014 - - - - - - · 45 views

So, I'm turning Lucky Penny (12+)  into a short story. Cause it's cute, and I need to work on cute. And sine I don't have anything else to blog about, I'm going to talk about it here, as well as just the things I try to keep in mind while in the first stages of writing. (Mostly for myself, as I'm not good at planning, but I figured some of you guys...

Photo

Being your own protagonist

Posted by kenpo in kenpo's Blog, 22 April 2014 - - - - - - · 62 views

As a writer, I often find myself looking at the people around me and analyzing their characters. 

Does that make sense?

I'll say, "What are their flaws? What character development are they going through? What's their motive?"

A lot of times, it helps me to interact with them better. I'll think about them and realise that they hav...

Photo

Do you do it for the reader?

Posted by leviOsa_not_leviosA in leviOsa_not_leviosA's Blog, 22 April 2014 - - - - - - · 184 views

Why do you write?  Do you do it so people can see how great your writing is?  Do you do it for those amazing reviews that always bring a little more light into your day?  Do you do it for those people who read and review your story the second it is validated?  Do you have those people on the forefront of your mind when you finally sit...

Photo

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 5: Go To Sleep

Posted by maryhead in maryhead's Blog, 21 April 2014 - - - - - - · 63 views

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 5: Go To Sleep Then, she saw him. Well, she saw his back. He was sitting on a rock, shoulders slumped and head bowed miserably. How could Dumbledore affirm that he had changed? He looked the same brooding man she had left on the same rock eleven years before. She stayed there, perfectly still, for minutes or hours, she didn't actually cared at that point. She knew he ha...

Photo

Oh editing...

Posted by patronus_charm in thoughts of a cat fan, 21 April 2014 - - - - - - · 97 views

First, whoo this is the first non-challenge results blog I've written in ages so yay for that, and now let's get onto the real things.

Editing.

I know most of us probably hate it, but I really, really, really hate it. It takes me ages and ages to edit not because I'm unsure of grammar or I'm a slow reader, it's just however many times I read...

Photo

First Entry - Happy Easter!

Posted by Iellwen in Crockpot & Co., 21 April 2014 - - - - - - · 39 views

Okay, so LOAF had me really going, on the 1st of April. I mean, if my boyfriend hadn't reminded me of the date and what came with it, I would've stayed in my fetal position, crying and whining, wondering 'why oh why'. But that's just me, I'm naive that way. :rolleyes:
Anyway.
Loved LOAF.

I myself enjoy cooking and eating - but can't really go w...

Photo

My thoughts on Andromeda (Black) Tonks

Posted by coppertop1 in My blogs, 21 April 2014 - - - - - - · 72 views

The first time we heard about Tonks's mother, Sirius mentioned that she was his favourite cousin and was disowned for marrying a muggle-born. I think the common theory was that she was not a Slytherin, unlike her sisters. However, the next book revealed that she was, as Slughorn tells us that Sirius is the only Black not in Slytherin, and he would have ta...

Photo

A Saga Of Sorts, Part 2 - The Seven Basic Plots

Posted by maraudertimes in Notoriously Notorious, 21 April 2014 - - - - - - · 50 views

Woo! This is quite a bit far behind from when I posted part one, but let's go for it! So, last post I talked about the Four Types of Conflict. Personally, I think that every single conflict can be sorted into these four types of conflict, but only if you really generalize. Of course, isn't that what sorting things is all about? Generalizing things i...

Photo

The Black Family Challenge Results

Posted by ElysiumJayne in ElysiumJayne's Blog, 19 April 2014 - - - - - - · 76 views

Without further ado, let's get into the results of my Black Family Challenge! *drum roll*

3rd Place...who wins a favourite story and 6 reviews, is...
Civil Conversations (15+) by LilyFire

This is a super short, but very realistic interpretation of Narcissa and Andromeda's relationship after the war. Definitely worth checking out!

2n...

Photo

On Camp NaNo

Posted by Lululuna in Lululuna's Blog, 19 April 2014 - - - - - - · 107 views

April has been a month of firsts in writing.

I tried Camp NaNoWriMo for the first time. I did successfully complete NaNo in November, but wasn’t sure if I would be able to carry that momentum to the less popular, but still exciting Camp. But three days ago, I hit that coveted 50K for my fanfiction novel, Sevenfold.

I wrote a novel from...

Photo

Riddles #9 for the Quidditch match

Posted by Elfwynn in Elfwynn's Blog, 16 April 2014 - - - - - - · 178 views
riddles, Quidditch

Hello everyone!

Huge congratulations to Infinityx for finding the snitch!

Firstly, I want to say a massive ‘thank you’ to Lottie and Isobel for asking me to help out with the riddles. I am so impressed with all the time and effort that they have put in to organizing everything. All the organizers and refs totally deserve a round...

Photo

the eternal struggle

Posted by Ravenclaw333 in Ravenclaw333's Blog, 16 April 2014 - - - - - - · 91 views

I'm talking about readers, of course. Reviews. Favourites. Reads. Those all-important stats that we all judge our own writing by, even when we pretend that we're just writing for ourselves . If you've never looked at the little-to-no review count on your story and thought "What am I doing wrong? Why aren't people reading this?" then you're a liar.

Photo

The Sound of Silence

Posted by Slide in Slide Headfirst, 12 April 2014 - - - - - - · 122 views

I can't write when it's silent.

I can barely write at home. Too many distractions - boot up this computer game, lean over and grab that book, go downstairs and watch something on TV. Not enough focus, not enough discipline. Too few distractions, too. I open up a word document and unless I've got something tearing at my brain, the words don't come;...

Photo

The Story Behind Our Pennames

Posted by Lostmyheart in Cookie Jar, 11 April 2014 - - - - - - · 267 views

I was trying to remember why I chose the penname Lostmyheart, when I began to think of all the different names in the archives (and here). We all have so different names, some more weird than others :p

My story is that I joined the archives in my mid-teens, where I listened to a lot of punk-rock bands like Green Day, Mest, Good Charlotte, Rammstei...

Photo

Non-Human Challenge Winners!

Posted by LilyFire in From an Adventurer in the 'Little Blue Box', 06 April 2014 - - - - - - · 118 views

I recently held a challenge to write a story about non-human beings in the Wizarding World. I recieved three entries for it, and have taken my time judging them. So....

In third place, winning an imaginary bronze medal and a review on any story
Triwizard Tournament: A Dragon's Tale 12+ by flameseeker3000

In second place, winning an imagina...

Photo

Theories on my Identity

Posted by ohmydrapple in ohmydrapple's Blog, 05 April 2014 - - - - - - · 649 views

Theories on My Identity

In this essay I will argue that I am not in fact a real member and am actually a staff member in disguise. I will also support the claim that there are other members who were around for April 1st 2014 who were also staff members in disguise.

Who am I? Who are my friends? My conclusion is incomplete. Please comment...

Photo

The Comfort Zone

Posted by skippee in From Space With Love, 03 April 2014 - - - - - - · 145 views

This past weekend, I found myself in a very interesting position.  I was sitting at home on Saturday night, around 8 pm, with a story that would not get out of my head.  And I mean really good and stuck.  I finally sat down and decided to do something about it.  When I finished about 4 hours later, my first thought was, "Ahh... much be...

• 1,185 Total Blogs
  • 7,495 Total Entries
  • 30,672 Total Comments
  • flameseeker3000's Blog Latest Blog
  • flameseeker3000 Latest Blogger

5 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (1)