Blogs

Photo

Never Have I Ever Challenge Winners

Posted by PretenseOfPerfection in Challenge Results, 29 July 2014 - - - - - - · 12 views
writing challenge and 1 more...

The "Never Have I Ever" Challenge was a writing challenge in which the participants wrote a type of story that they had never written before, regarding either genre, era, pairing, or a combination of the three. 

Each participant did such a lovely and wonderful job, especially given that they were out of their element and comfort zone in wr...

Photo

Time Theory

Posted by crestwood in No Name Came To Mind , 29 July 2014 - - - - - - · 35 views

I was having an incredibly nerdy conversation with a friend the other day that gave me an idea for a blog post that I just had to put into writing. It's about the nature of time and delves pretty deeply into theoretical physics.

In his theory of relativity, Einstein theorizes that time itself is merely an mental construct that our brains created t...

Photo

Attention all staffers! (part 2)

Posted by Leonore in Leonore's Blog, 29 July 2014 - - - - - - · 136 views

This is part two of the blog, so if you haven't read part one I would suggest you do it here (12+) before carrying on with this one  :p

Because there appears to be a limit on the number of images you can put in one blog post, we've split it into two parts. Here are the remaining...

Photo

Friendship Challenge Results!

Posted by kenpo in kenpo's Blog, 28 July 2014 - - - - - - · 68 views

As much as I love reading and writing about ships, I've also always loved stories that focus of friendships. I issued the challenge to write stories that focus on a relationship between two people without the factor of romance. I had fabulous entries and I loved reading them  :wub:

It's taken me a while to the post these results... I've been r...

Photo

The One-Liner One-Shot Challenge Winners

Posted by emmaweasley in Emma's Blog, 26 July 2014 - - - - - - · 102 views

http://i.imgur.com/RaVYA9y.png
http://i.imgur.com/2ZAMlTN.png http://i.imgur.com/BO2oXGa.png http://i.imgur.com/rRdW2aj.png

Congratulations to BellaLestrange87 and MileyMalfoy on the archives for their lovely entires to the challenge!!!
Even with just the two entries it took me quite a lot of mulling over and several re-reads to decide the pl...

Photo

The Squeamers; Where are they?

Posted by lexiatel in lexiatel's Blog, 24 July 2014 - - - - - - · 135 views

Here's something I have been thinking of lately. I only remember a few squeamish moments in the series. Like when Ron pulls out the wand covered with troll snot (I picture his film face right now, lol), and of course, when he's spitting up slugs.

But I have been thinking more and more about this... Today, I went to pick up this cutworm "thing". Ugh...

Photo

So I Was Hypnotized...

Posted by hangingwallflower in BloggingWallflower, 24 July 2014 - - - - - - · 113 views
hypnotism and 1 more...

So I recently experienced one of the strangest things of my life thus far, so I thought it would be an interesting way to kick off my HPFF blog by talking about it.

I’m still reveling in the weirdness of what hypnotism is. I’ve seen hypnotist shows before, but I’ve always had some trouble believing in them completely. I recently a...

Photo

My Long Overdue Explanation To Unexplained Hiatus

Posted by Maelody in I Have An Idea So of Course I Should Write About It!, 19 July 2014 - - - - - - · 189 views

So a few months ago I said I'd tell everyone why I was gone in a few weeks after I had already been gone for a month or so. Yay me for priorities, right? Well, for those of you who have been wondering (there are a few of you, right? :3) I'm afraid my excuse isn't so great. I haven't been off saving the world, I haven't been having a super breakthrough wit...

Photo

Anime Thread - BE AMAZED

Posted by Sir Snuffy in Sir Snuffy's Mad House, 18 July 2014 - - - - - - · 130 views
Anime Entertainment

Yes I have accomplished it! The Anime thread that was so desired by all (totally) is now created!

Visit this wonderful place here: http://www.harrypott...82084&p=1543840

Photo

'Wacky OC challenge' results!

Posted by bellatrixlestrange123 in Challenges!, 18 July 2014 - - - - - - · 135 views

Hello everyone!

The deadline for this challenge, July 17th, was yesterday and you all did a great job of getting your entries in. [s]Some of the prompts I gave you guys were enough to get me admitted into a facility so  I'm very glad that some people took the time to participate  :) 
All of the entries were very enjoyable t...

Photo

The "Colour and Emotion Challenge" Results

Posted by AditiDraco95 in The world as I see it :), 17 July 2014 - - - - - - · 107 views
challenge, results, color and 1 more...

Hello everyone! 

I am finally here with the results of the Colour and Emotion Challenge :) I'm sorry it took me so long but RL has been keeping me super busy. Nonetheless, I'm here now with the announcements :D 

The challenge was simple - participants were given a colour and an emotion associated with that colour, based on which...

Photo

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 4: A Reminder

Posted by maryhead in maryhead's Blog, 16 July 2014 - - - - - - · 70 views

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 4: A Reminder  Cassandra, however could not end her rambling speech, as a pretty angry man suddenly burst the door open, leaving the girl laying supine on the floor of the entrance hall. Bill's scowl, however, turned quickly into a worried frown when he realised who was the author of such a commotion.
".. Cassie? What are you doing here?! You look awful!"

Photo

Peter and Wendy Quote Challenge results!

Posted by red_headed_juliet in Blah-blah-blog, 14 July 2014 - - - - - - · 119 views

Hello!  :bye:

First, thank you everyone who submitted an entry in the midst of the House Cup  :hug: You guys are awesome! I loved reading all of these, they were all quite wonderful and really a joy to read. +] 

Without further ado:

THIRD PLACE:
1 review of your choice, favorite story, and link in my signature...

Photo

What I Learned From Event Five

Posted by UnluckyStar57 in Celestial Musings, 13 July 2014 - - - - - - · 190 views

With the last horrifying seconds of Event Five behind us, I've decided to start typing again.

But instead of writing a review on a story, I'm writing a review about reviews. :p

I know that some of us really went above and beyond for this event, with review counts in the triple digits before the week was half over.  Some of us did what w...

Photo

The Dreaded Blank Screen

Posted by Gabriella Hunter in Writing, Writing and a bit more Writing!, 12 July 2014 - - - - - - · 147 views

Hello, everyone! This is Gabbie again, making another blog after what seems like a century ago. A lot of you have known me for a while  (Or have noticed me lurking here and there like a ghost) but I've noticed a lot of new faces on the forums lately so its nice to meet all you new people and for those of you that know me, I've missed you a lot! :shy:...

Photo

That perfect story

Posted by Lostmyheart in Cookie Jar, 11 July 2014 - - - - - - · 137 views

You have been working on this plot for quite a while, you've almost perfected it - you know exactly what's going to happen during that chapter, how every scene is going to be played and what things are going to affect the main characters decisions and personality.

All these great details, you've got it all figured out - how the mood of the story s...

Photo

The 2 Song Lyrics Challenge

Posted by jessicalorewrites in jessicalorewrites' Blog, 05 July 2014 - - - - - - · 138 views
challenge, winners

Hello!

Seriously, I don't even have an excuse as to why I'm so late announcing the winner of this challenge. I didn't mean to, I just sort of forgot and kept putting it off, even though I decided on the placings straight away. So, sorry to the three of you that entered that I left reviews for, telling you the results would be up that day. I lied. I...

Photo

"What's a G-I-F?" Being a Twenty-Something in the HP Fandom

Posted by my_voice_rising in pink teacup., 03 July 2014 - - - - - - · 271 views

Hey, it's been a while.

Let me begin by saying I am not at all trying to mock people for being of a younger generation of fans.   Nor am I trying to open a discussion containing age-specific information.  Let's keep it TOS-friendly, yes?

This week I attended a mandatory wine tasting for work (oh nooo free wine.)  A...

Photo

Constant Vigilance!

Posted by Selene in Tea with Selene, 02 July 2014 - - - - - - · 198 views

Okay, not really CONSTANT VIGILANCE!! but I did get your heart pumping. :happy:  As I write this, July 1 is nearly over.  A typically normal day, the start of the best month for birthdays (if I do say so myself), 122 days until NaNoWriMo begins...just a usual day.

Unless, you are this HPFFer.  July 1 marks my HPFF anniversary and thi...

Photo

You Know It's the House Cup When...

Posted by Ravenclaw333 in Ravenclaw333's Blog, 30 June 2014 - - - - - - · 569 views

-You don't even remember what a normal sleeping pattern looks like. 8am is totally a bedtime.
-You've replaced the 'useful' bookmarks on your browser with a myriad of HPFF ones (Bus timetables? Pfft. I'm not leaving the house)
-Your family/flatmates/significant other don't quite understand what's going on, except you keep muttering about points and Hogwa...

• 1,195 Total Blogs
  • 7,550 Total Entries
  • 31,053 Total Comments
  • Challenge Results Latest Blog
  • PretenseOfPerfection Latest Blogger

4 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)