Blogs

Photo

My Long Overdue Explanation To Unexplained Hiatus

Posted by Maelody in I Have An Idea So of Course I Should Write About It!, 19 July 2014 - - - - - - · 152 views

So a few months ago I said I'd tell everyone why I was gone in a few weeks after I had already been gone for a month or so. Yay me for priorities, right? Well, for those of you who have been wondering (there are a few of you, right? :3) I'm afraid my excuse isn't so great. I haven't been off saving the world, I haven't been having a super breakthrough wit...

Photo

Anime Thread - BE AMAZED

Posted by Sir Snuffy in Sir Snuffy's Mad House, 18 July 2014 - - - - - - · 99 views
Anime Entertainment

Yes I have accomplished it! The Anime thread that was so desired by all (totally) is now created!

Visit this wonderful place here: http://www.harrypott...82084&p=1543840

Photo

'Wacky OC challenge' results!

Posted by bellatrixlestrange123 in Challenges!, 18 July 2014 - - - - - - · 112 views

Hello everyone!

The deadline for this challenge, July 17th, was yesterday and you all did a great job of getting your entries in. [s]Some of the prompts I gave you guys were enough to get me admitted into a facility so  I'm very glad that some people took the time to participate  :) 
All of the entries were very enjoyable t...

Photo

The "Colour and Emotion Challenge" Results

Posted by AditiDraco95 in The world as I see it :), 17 July 2014 - - - - - - · 97 views
challenge, results, color and 1 more...

Hello everyone! 

I am finally here with the results of the Colour and Emotion Challenge :) I'm sorry it took me so long but RL has been keeping me super busy. Nonetheless, I'm here now with the announcements :D 

The challenge was simple - participants were given a colour and an emotion associated with that colour, based on which...

Photo

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 4: A Reminder

Posted by maryhead in maryhead's Blog, 16 July 2014 - - - - - - · 63 views

The Lost Wolf, Chapter 4: A Reminder  Cassandra, however could not end her rambling speech, as a pretty angry man suddenly burst the door open, leaving the girl laying supine on the floor of the entrance hall. Bill's scowl, however, turned quickly into a worried frown when he realised who was the author of such a commotion.
".. Cassie? What are you doing here?! You look awful!"

Photo

Peter and Wendy Quote Challenge results!

Posted by red_headed_juliet in Blah-blah-blog, 14 July 2014 - - - - - - · 110 views

Hello!  :bye:

First, thank you everyone who submitted an entry in the midst of the House Cup  :hug: You guys are awesome! I loved reading all of these, they were all quite wonderful and really a joy to read. +] 

Without further ado:

THIRD PLACE:
1 review of your choice, favorite story, and link in my signature...

Photo

What I Learned From Event Five

Posted by UnluckyStar57 in Celestial Musings, 13 July 2014 - - - - - - · 177 views

With the last horrifying seconds of Event Five behind us, I've decided to start typing again.

But instead of writing a review on a story, I'm writing a review about reviews. :p

I know that some of us really went above and beyond for this event, with review counts in the triple digits before the week was half over.  Some of us did what w...

Photo

The Dreaded Blank Screen

Posted by Gabriella Hunter in Writing, Writing and a bit more Writing!, 12 July 2014 - - - - - - · 136 views

Hello, everyone! This is Gabbie again, making another blog after what seems like a century ago. A lot of you have known me for a while  (Or have noticed me lurking here and there like a ghost) but I've noticed a lot of new faces on the forums lately so its nice to meet all you new people and for those of you that know me, I've missed you a lot! :shy:...

Photo

That perfect story

Posted by Lostmyheart in Cookie Jar, 11 July 2014 - - - - - - · 130 views

You have been working on this plot for quite a while, you've almost perfected it - you know exactly what's going to happen during that chapter, how every scene is going to be played and what things are going to affect the main characters decisions and personality.

All these great details, you've got it all figured out - how the mood of the story s...

Photo

The 2 Song Lyrics Challenge

Posted by jessicalorewrites in jessicalorewrites' Blog, 05 July 2014 - - - - - - · 121 views
challenge, winners

Hello!

Seriously, I don't even have an excuse as to why I'm so late announcing the winner of this challenge. I didn't mean to, I just sort of forgot and kept putting it off, even though I decided on the placings straight away. So, sorry to the three of you that entered that I left reviews for, telling you the results would be up that day. I lied. I...

Photo

"What's a G-I-F?" Being a Twenty-Something in the HP Fandom

Posted by my_voice_rising in pink teacup., 03 July 2014 - - - - - - · 266 views

Hey, it's been a while.

Let me begin by saying I am not at all trying to mock people for being of a younger generation of fans.   Nor am I trying to open a discussion containing age-specific information.  Let's keep it TOS-friendly, yes?

This week I attended a mandatory wine tasting for work (oh nooo free wine.)  A...

Photo

Constant Vigilance!

Posted by Selene in Tea with Selene, 02 July 2014 - - - - - - · 194 views

Okay, not really CONSTANT VIGILANCE!! but I did get your heart pumping. :happy:  As I write this, July 1 is nearly over.  A typically normal day, the start of the best month for birthdays (if I do say so myself), 122 days until NaNoWriMo begins...just a usual day.

Unless, you are this HPFFer.  July 1 marks my HPFF anniversary and thi...

Photo

You Know It's the House Cup When...

Posted by Ravenclaw333 in Ravenclaw333's Blog, 30 June 2014 - - - - - - · 552 views

-You don't even remember what a normal sleeping pattern looks like. 8am is totally a bedtime.
-You've replaced the 'useful' bookmarks on your browser with a myriad of HPFF ones (Bus timetables? Pfft. I'm not leaving the house)
-Your family/flatmates/significant other don't quite understand what's going on, except you keep muttering about points and Hogwa...

Photo

Writing a Blind Character

Posted by AlPotterFan in In A Nutshell, 29 June 2014 - - - - - - · 171 views

So for one of my fanfictions in another fandom, I'm writing this story in which the girl goes indefinitely blind due to an accident while at school. It's the first time that I've written about a character that's disabled and I was a little bit wary of the idea of first but decided to do it anyway because what the heck.

Now, I am someone that suffer...

Photo

It's all in your Perspective

Posted by skippee in From Space With Love, 28 June 2014 - - - - - - · 214 views
point of view, writers tips

Readers and writers alike:

What is your preferred Point of View (henceforth, POV) in stories you read or write?  As a writer, I'm struggling with choosing the best one to accurately portray my characters thoughts and their interactions with the people around them.  I feel like first person POV comes the most naturally, as that is what we...

Photo

from up above challenge results

Posted by keyty_ in keyty blogs, 23 June 2014 - - - - - - · 469 views

So I recently hosted a challenge. It was really fun to do, but I won't bore you -- here are the results!

Third place goes to All Grown Up by LightLeviosa5443 (15+)! 
This one shot goes over what it's like for Tonks to watch Teddy grow up without her. Even though it's very short, it flows nicely and rings true to the characters. It's quick rea...

Photo

Results of Margaret Lane's "Not feeling Well" challenge.

Posted by MargaretLane in MargaretLane's Blog, 21 June 2014 - - - - - - · 468 views

First of all, apologies to everybody for the long delay in posting these results. I have been really busy lately.

Anyway, without further ado,

First place goes to Pixileanin for Rabbit Heart .

http://www.harrypott....php?sid=328215  (15+).

You receive five reviews. Let me know which stories or chapt...

Photo

An Analysis of Reads

Posted by toomanycurls in toomanycurls - thoughts, theories, and conjecture, 21 June 2014 - - - - - - · 536 views

While we're waiting for Lockhart to judge the entries for Event 2 - I decided to do a fun analysis on read counts and reader attrition. I've seen quite a few people post about their read count looking whacky because it goes up and then down from chapter-to-chapter in a multi-chapter story. To start off with: here's a graph of the spread of reads throughou...

Photo

Sci Fi challenge results

Posted by Infinityx in Infinityx's Blog, 19 June 2014 - - - - - - · 415 views

Hello all! 

The entries were judged based on the sci-fi elements present in the chapters posted up so far. So without further ado, here are the winners!

In third place: Icarus  (M) by marauderfan 
In this story, Lily gets trapped in a parallel dimension where she does not exist, and Voldemort has been wiped from history. Ther...

Photo

Waken, fell beaste! (and Sibling Challenge results)

Posted by Josette_Phoenix in Have at!, 19 June 2014 - - - - - - · 87 views

*YAAAWWWWNNN* *stretches arms and blinks blearily into the computer-light*

Good morning to you! says I, the bear awaking from hibernation and greeting the new spring.

Except it isn’t spring.

And I’m not a bear, not really.

And actually I’m writing this at 3am, and there is nothing “good morning t...

• 1,193 Total Blogs
  • 7,546 Total Entries
  • 31,042 Total Comments
  • Emma's Blog Latest Blog
  • emmaweasley Latest Blogger

2 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)